U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Kuwait123 reviews
Lots to do with not enough time. Many challenging situations that helped build character and problem solving skills. Working as a team and taking the lead when needed is required.
Most satisfying part of the job was that I was able to help out a lot of people to get into the workforce after getting an ID badge. Management couldn't care what you do. In fact, they lived in Hilton and left workers in the Sand, very indifferent and now they lost the contract. I won't shed tears for them.
Pros
Management never worried about your production
Cons
Project Manager was rude, and had no clue how to write a good email. Army authorities were very unhappy to deal with the PM, and so they dealt very poorly with the linguists with regards to their housing.
Duty time was little difficult because we have lot of traveling on work management was very most hardest part of job is work on night shift, most enjoyable part of the job is work in receiving section
Pros
Lunch
Cons
It was never the same thing each day. I enjoyed that each day it was always something else to look forward to. If I could do it again I would . I enjoyed the people I met and the work I did
Pros
Saving the world
Cons
Judgemental people
The military is what you make of it you have good and bad people with every unit you go too its a job its a honor to serve your country but at the end they view us all as just another body.
The work was very ethically diverse and I really enjoyed my work and the environment that i was placed in. The hardest part was following leadership that does not know their job and the most enjoyable was being around different race and learning new things
Pros
able to see, travel and learn new things
Cons
leadership, overworked
being a newly promoted officer, I immediately saw a difference, how officers are treated or looked at as that of an NCO. Though the NCO core is the backbone of the Army, I truly enjoyed time served as an officer.
Pros
I am PRO military
Cons
I have nothing, bad to say about the Army Reserve.
(FPO) Force Protection Officer, Everyday was a little challenged and somehow beneficial because, have do be in different job locations and doing different job assignments .
Excellent office environment for an accounting department, great candidates who are trained and focused to their work, 48 to 59 hours a week guarantee
Pros
Two meals a day, transportation, accommodation, phones and much more
Cons
Long hours due to local holidays in kuwait
The army teaches discipline, self sufficiency, and resourcefulness. They encourage you to constantly better yourself and provide the opportunities and resources to attend schools and advance your skills.
Pros
health care, accountability, structure
Cons
demanding, must come before family or friends, mediocre pay
Typical work day was 12 - 14 hours. We got a half day on Friday and Sunday off. But a lot of times our half days and the very few holidays we got were stepped on due to work requirements. Then we had to do physical training.

Leadership micromanaged, and had the "do as I say, not what I do" mentality. There was absolutely no "leading by example". The Battle Buddy system was non-existent. You were expected to do more with less; most of us had our normal job, then 4 additional duties.

We were confined to a small post about 5 square miles.The only good things were the awesome MWR and USO activities, Poetry Night Crew, and the awesome DFAC, especially midnight chow.
I learned a lot of people skills
workplace culture was a military environment

the hardest part of the job was learning military customs

most enjoyable part of the job was travelling
After morning Physical Training, breakfast we reported to our unit to take on our daily task. My last unit was in Kuwait City, Kuwait. As the lead noncommissioned officer, I performed many duties such as mail pick up, document distribution to other units, and other responsibilities.
Pros
Trusted to do my job!
Cons
Environment was a little warm.
I worked here long years, good for workplace but only one problem is for 8 hours duty you have to spend 12 hours, and you have to wake up early morning 4 AM to start 8 am duty.
U.S. Army Central, is a unique and challenging command, operating across multiple battlefields, spanned over several countries. Serving as the Army's executive agent for USCENTCOM, the command has oversight of a $15B annual budget in support of war efforts throughout the middle east and southwest asia.
I enjoyed my time w/ AMC. Serving the Army was something I'll always remember. Excellent team atmosphere and command climate. Was treated very well and loved working for them.
Pros
Opportunity to Excel
Organize the storage and distribution of goods.
Ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on

time and at a good cost.

Involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring

the flow of goods.
A typical day starts with physical training in the morning from 0630 until 0730. After that is completed, we have about a hour and a half to conduct personal hygiene, then off to work by 0900. The work day lasts typically until 1700 (5pm).
Pros
Housing allowance
Cons
Time management varies
The US Army is a fantastic place to grow personally and professionally, with paid benefits and vacation and morale enhancing opportunities to offset the above-average workplace stressors.
Handled casualty reports for wounded soldiers. Made sure that their families were notified if they were killed or hurt. Made sure to fill out reports correctly with time, place, and type of injury.
Handled majority of the people traveling throughout countries whether it had been personnel leaving or coming. Also handled mail, picking up and making sure that it was given to it's rightful owner.