U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Kuwait123 reviews
Lots to do with not enough time. Many challenging situations that helped build character and problem solving skills. Working as a team and taking the lead when needed is required.
Great for kids needing direction.
I returned to take part in OEF/OIF.

ANG cultule is clickish. If not part of the click, your life becomes remarkably difficult. Senior NCO's expect junior troops to snap to attention upon their arrival as if they're O's.
Pros
Great to learn a skill
Cons
Large portion of NCO's expect to be treated as O's.
My job is Logistics, a challenging job in war and peace regions, learn a lot it was a good experience for my future, travall alot, learn alot about international standards
Pros
Mre
Cons
The US Army is like nothing else you'll ever get to experience in your life. Some love it, some hate it (and probably never should have joined). Most people really enjoy serving, staying in shape, and learning new skills.
A typical day would start at 0630 for physical training. That lasted about an hour and then personal hygiene until 0900. The rest of the day consisted of supervising, training and discipline subordinates where necessary. The day also consisted of training and operations meeting for future projects.
Working for the army has been a great experience overall, But I feel as if it is time to venture out and see what the civilian sector has to offer. The leadership was great and the pace was as well.
Not for everyone but if it is for you, you'll have a sense of purpose and travel a lot. The pay is good. Your coworkers become like family and you gain a bond that can never be broke.
get the inventory of all the documentation and file them in correct location. The Document Controller is responsible for controlling the numbering, filing, sorting and retrieval of electronically stored or hard copy documentation produced by technical teams, projects or departments in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
Pros
provides us, Food, Accommodation, Transportation, laundry.
Cons
launch and break.
I did Computer Support and also Security type work requiring Secret Level Clearance. I did the daily Patching of Software fixes, as well as normal Desktop Support for Users. I enjoyed my work as a Contract employee for the US Army at Camp Arifjan,Kuwait for 2 1/2 years.
Pros
Access to eat at DFAC (military dining hall); also the quality of Off-Base Housing was a Plus.
Cons
Being wthout Family
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Army?
I have learned engine fault troubleshooting, wiring harness troubleshooting, using diagnostic tools, to repair and rebuilt parts, to read and identify all diagrams
It was a great experience with this company and my very first overseas contract. I can't complain about the way that they treated their employees because they tried to work with us. Unfortunately they lost their contract.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
The company lost the conytract
resigned cause the job environment did not fit me. The guys there was fun to work with but i did not like the place cause i loved to work in banks but at that moment no bank excepted me so i had to take this job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Work wise it so easy for me to handle ., not much pressure to taken .except the long duty hours and the long journey .its 16 hours duty all together. Feels tried because of the long duty with out weekly off.
Pros
Free food all time
Cons
1 hour break
On call every day to provide needed information to the general. Camp Arifjan had a great gym and pool, every day was over 100 degrees and at night the temperature never dropped below 100.
As a contract specialist responsible for preaward and post award functions involving minor construction (i.e. relocatable buildings, athletic fields, construction projects under $1 million). All necessary in order for the soldiers to complete their mission.
Pros
Supporting our troops
Cons
Away from family, less pay than in the USA
Great employer and always helping out soldiers to a very large extent. Definitely recommend the military especially if your single with no responsibility. Great opportunity, life, Benefits and future career for you or a loved one.
i just want to look for jobs, i have no opinion i was in the Army i went because i had to, i did one review already, im getting upset

Good company to work for. Takes care of employees, good benefits. My experience has been great working for this company. There are always opportunities for advancement.
The Army is great, but it has its hardships. Being overseas is where Soldiers get the most training. I was able to learn and apply all my knowledge in Kuwait.
Us Army deployed which gave all necessary skills and guidance to build the best trained and experienced professional possible. you maintain a physical and mental readiness for many situations of life and duty. Applicable to any walk of life
Pros
improvement of life
Cons
time away from home and family
A typical day in Kuwait for deployment meant long hot days of issuing petroleum products for my unit and the airfield. I learned that when you were done with your assigned work and had nothing to do, you'd find something to do, even if its making you work area cleaner and organized.
Pros
free meals
Cons
long hot walks to the airfield