U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Kuwait123 reviews
Lots to do with not enough time. Many challenging situations that helped build character and problem solving skills. Working as a team and taking the lead when needed is required.
great place to word , away from home a lot weeks to a year at a time. But benefits are the best u will find. I would recommend for single people who want to see the world
Attended daily meetings and review daily contract requirements being boarded weekly by the Chief of Staff and his voting members. Very challenging environment because you are performing at a 3Star Command level and your input is essential for their decison making process.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
10 hours working days
Company is very good no any problem is there good laundry good accommodation good transportation medical good GYM every thing is good there is no any problem
Pros
15 -15 minuts
good
fast paced and great learning experience. you will deal with project management and customer service on a daily basis. you will learn more about yourself than you can possibly imagine
I was able to live in another country for a few years. the experience was great and I was able to learn different cultures. The job was defiantly fast paced, and with the time difference there were a lot of late days. Enjoyable part was helping out the troops, as I was mainly considered one of them.
Deployment is amazing. Go spend some time with your battle buddies, pushing your way through all obstacles together, while stocking up some cash back home.
Pros
free everything.
Cons
away from home
My day starts at 5:30 am and ends at 6:00pm. On a day to day basics I manage 15 Soldiers and control the flow of cargo through air, ground and sea assists. I Managed Kuwait and Iraq customs in order to transport supplies throughout the Middle East.
Pros
Leading my Soldiers, Seeing the world
Cons
Early mornings and long days.
Spent 16 years on active duty. Loved every minute of it... even when I hated it. Great camaraderie, many friends for life. A great job for anyone who is dedicated and patriotic.
Excellent job satisfaction. Nice people. Varied cultures. Job improvement advancement is unlimited. Weather is awful.
Pros
Free foodage
Cons
Food was bad.
High pace with strict protocols for results. Recognition sometimes not given for actual work. However the benefits are the best by far.
I have had the opportunity to grow as a professional individual, in both my military career and civilain career. I gained the ability to push on when things get difficult, a great attention to detail, and refined my problem solving skills.
Being in the Active Military is probably one of the best jobs one can be a part of. Benefits are great, and they take care of the people.
Pros
Housing and Subsistence is taken care of
Cons
Deployments
The workplace is very nice,enjoyable and a lot of educational opportunity.the management takes extra care for all its staffs.the soldiers are very friendly too.
Really enjoyed the job in kuwait but couldn't continue for long because of some personal problems. Now everything settled and ready to go at any time.
Pros
good job culture
Cons
nothing
Great place to spend your 20's. Travel the world and see the pits of despair! Deployment was horrid and the leadership crumbled at the first sign of trouble. Nothing like counseling your Sr. NCO because they miss home.
Pros
"Free" college
Cons
Hours, people, leadership
Great environment to develop leadership and technical skills. The US Army has many great opportunities to take part of.
Pros
Great Leadership
Cons
Long Hours
It was a great time while being collocated with several leaders that made life changing decisions that affected everyone.
Perfect place to start career as IT Manager "Small Teams".

Develop your own plans.

Good professional develops opportunities.
When deployed in Kuwait this past year, I learned vast amount of tools. The tools were ArcSight, Arcsight Logger, Netscout, and Sourcefire. I had soldiers and contractors that i worked side by side with that offered a vast amount of knowledge. I had a professional environment with people that enjoyed fun and fooling around as well.
Pros
Work Experience
Cons
Deployment
Very long days addressing very complicated contracting issues. I assigned work to my subordinates, provided feedback and mentorship on their work and evaluated them every three months.
Pros
Very satisfying work
Cons
away from my family