U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 123 reviews matching the search See all 73,651 reviews
Great learning experience that prepared me for anything in life.
PERSONNEL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitJuly 15, 2015
Working as a US Army soldier was the most stressful and hardest thing I ever had to do in my life and it was also the best decision I ever made for myself. It taught me discipline and what it really means to work hard. My daily duties as the HR specialist for a Headquarters and Headquarters Company; responsible for providing administrative support for 200 personnel; maintains enlisted rating scheme; provides daily readiness reports, reviews awards, evaluations, promotions, personnel actions, and consolidated reports; directly supervise and responsible for the health, welfare, and training of eight Soldiers. Even though work was strenuous the morale was always high in the work area. All the soldiers got along and did our part in completing our daily missions. I learned how to work in a team, and lead one as well. I learned to handle deadlines and stress within the workplace without freezing up or cracking.With all that said the Us Army was a great experience and it wasn't easy having to be away from loved ones but making them proud was all worth it.
Pros
Great Benefits, Travel, Security, Education
Cons
Away from family
fun and productive
Project Non- Commission Officer In Charge (Current Employee) –  kuwaitDecember 20, 2014
come in and interact and train Soldiers. learned how to be the best leader I could be for my Soldiers. My management was great working offered advice if needed and took care of me. My co-workers we all worked as a team. Didn't have any hard parts of my job. Training and making sure my Soldiers were taking care of is what I enjoyed about my job.
Freedom isn't Free
Brigade Engineering Officer (CPT) (Former Employee) –  Kuwait,October 29, 2014
There is no better defender as a citizen than to go fight for America.
Not for the weak hearted
88M/ Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Kuwait City, KUOctober 21, 2014
Be prepared for anything and everything. Stay accountable for personnel and your actions as they could result in the ultimate price.
Army Deployed Organization
Executive Program Officer (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 21, 2014
The 519th Signal Company is a fast paced and time demanding Army organization.
Productive and fun place to work daily
Non-Commissioned Officer Afghanistan Liaison Cell (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitSeptember 10, 2014
Managed the overall planning, supervision, and coordination of three Major Support Commands and 21 separate in widely dispersed areas; managed the overall development, planning, and implementation of service section support functions and logistics procedures for the operations.
horrible company
Transportation Specialist/Manager E-5-Sergeant (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 17, 2014
this company are crooks and are horrible to work for. They recently sold their name to another company and were under investigation by the government for fraud.
Air and Missile Defense Officer
Air and Missile Defense Operations (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan KUWAITJune 6, 2014
Typical day at work is staffing projects related to Missile Defense for the Operations Directorate and the Command.
Ok
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  kuwaitJune 2, 2014
deployment setting for the army. good benefits. experience is dependent on the command and people in the unit. everyone will have different experience.
Very Demanding job.
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMay 14, 2014
There is no typical day at work in the Army. I have learned so very much. I learned everything about IT from the Army.
A day at SWACCA
Contractor (Current Employee) –  KuwaitMarch 31, 2014
A typical day would include vulnerability scanning.
I have learned what not to do when becoming a manger.
The hardest part of the day is just about everything for lack of proper guidance/policy/plans make this a non-productive environment.
I am not currently enjoying this position.
a deployment
Operations SGT (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMarch 26, 2014
I was deployed to Kuwait, it was a new experience working in the operations. Most days were the same, just monitoring missions and answering radios.
Tank Operator
Tank Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kuwait UAEMarch 14, 2014
I spent a year in Kuwait, working on the US military base there. My job was transporting all of the army vehicles and tanks.
!!!
HUMINT Collector/Interrogator (Former Employee) –  kuwaitMarch 11, 2014
Great job, Kuwait a nice place. Hot and sand storms. You have to deal with a lot of idiocy, but if your smart you will get promoted fast.
U.S.Army base, I.T.T.Kuwait maintenance lead in heavy equipments (june2003 -may2006)
MAINTENANCE LEAD IN HEAVY EQUIPMENTS (Former Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 20, 2014
The I.T.T company was involved in maintenance and servicing of heavy equipment i.e. Cranes, 10K Fork Lift, Hydraulic operation machines, Bulldozer and Army fighting Tanks in a fast-paced entrepreneurial Environment for the U.S Army engaged in Gulf War.
RESPONSIBILITIES
To implement the service schedules through available mechanics
To make purchase requisition for parts and consumables
To give in put to the management regarding the functioning of various equipments
To suggest for alterations and modifications
To moniter and control the activities of subordinate staff
OTHER QUALIFICATION
Two APPRECIATION CERTIFICATES for my excellent work from Project Manager I.T.T. U.S.Army base Kuwait.
production field with responsibility
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  kuwaitJanuary 25, 2014
everyday,verygood knowledge about in vehicles troubles,very good
Pros
we getting food allowance
Cons
every 3 hour we getting breake
Very benefical experience for a Mobility Officer
Mobility Officer (882A) (Former Employee) –  Kuwait and DubaiJanuary 2, 2014
Served as the Dubai Detachment Officer-in-Charge (OIC)oversees and executes cargo movement through Al Maktoum International Airport and Jebel Ali Sea Port in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) as directed by the Battalion Operations Officer in support of the Commander's intent; verifies and analyzes daily reports; ensures operational efficiency and implement improvements as needed; provides guidance to the Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge (NCOIC) on tasks and requirements; ensures dissemination of flights and vessel schedules; works closely with the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) regarding contractor issues; conducts research and planning for future operations; provides guidance and oversight to deploying and redeploying units throughout UAE as well as providing redeployment guidance to units stationed in Kuwait through Deployment/ Redeployment Operations (D/ROPS) briefings.
Pros
Received additional experience regarding seaport operations
Cons
Long days
Productive enviornement
Heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Kuwait City, KuwaitNovember 29, 2013
Responsible for operating all wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways in Iraq. Manage loading, unloading, and the safety of personnel being transported during convoy operations. Oversee and check proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers. Ensure that proper convoy defense techniques were utilized during convoy operations. Identify, correct or report all vehicle deficiencies ensuring to an efficient convoy. Prepare vehicle for movement/shipment by air and vessel.
Presents great opportunity to gain experience.
Sergeant, Information Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitOctober 19, 2013
The Army creates a environment of high intensity regarless of your area of expertise. Seperate sections and departments constantly work in small cells in order to play an effective role in the overall mission. In the Army one must learn to adapt to their environment as you often encounter many different types of leaders, with many different ways of creating a finished product. Some days hard and long but it is always a possitive feeling in the end.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Stressful work environments
A step in the right direction
Plans and Operations Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 13, 2013
Joining the military give you the experience and education needed to advance your career.
Pros
pays for college

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3