U.S. Army
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Fun and challenging workplace.
Lots to do with not enough time. Many challenging situations that helped build character and problem solving skills. Working as a team and taking the lead when needed is required.
Great learning experience that prepared me for anything in life.
Working as a US Army soldier was the most stressful and hardest thing I ever had to do in my life and it was also the best decision I ever made for myself. It taught me discipline and what it really means to work hard. My daily duties as the HR specialist for a Headquarters and Headquarters Company; responsible for providing administrative support for 200 personnel; maintains enlisted rating scheme; provides daily readiness reports, reviews awards, evaluations, promotions, personnel actions, and consolidated reports; directly supervise and responsible for the health, welfare, and training of eight Soldiers. Even though work was strenuous the morale was always high in the work area. All the soldiers got along and did our part in completing our daily missions. I learned how to work in a team, and lead one as well. I learned to handle deadlines and stress within the workplace without freezing up or cracking.With all that said the Us Army was a great experience and it wasn't easy having to be away from loved ones but making them proud was all worth it.
Pros
Great Benefits, Travel, Security, Education
Cons
Away from family
fun and productive
come in and interact and train Soldiers. learned how to be the best leader I could be for my Soldiers. My management was great working offered advice if needed and took care of me. My co-workers we all worked as a team. Didn't have any hard parts of my job. Training and making sure my Soldiers were taking care of is what I enjoyed about my job.
Freedom isn't Free
There is no better defender as a citizen than to go fight for America.
Not for the weak hearted
Be prepared for anything and everything. Stay accountable for personnel and your actions as they could result in the ultimate price.
Army Deployed Organization
The 519th Signal Company is a fast paced and time demanding Army organization.
Productive and fun place to work daily
Managed the overall planning, supervision, and coordination of three Major Support Commands and 21 separate in widely dispersed areas; managed the overall development, planning, and implementation of service section support functions and logistics procedures for the operations.
horrible company
this company are crooks and are horrible to work for. They recently sold their name to another company and were under investigation by the government for fraud.
Air and Missile Defense Officer
Typical day at work is staffing projects related to Missile Defense for the Operations Directorate and the Command.
Ok
deployment setting for the army. good benefits. experience is dependent on the command and people in the unit. everyone will have different experience.
Very Demanding job.
There is no typical day at work in the Army. I have learned so very much. I learned everything about IT from the Army.
A day at SWACCA
A typical day would include vulnerability scanning.
I have learned what not to do when becoming a manger.

The hardest part of the day is just about everything for lack of proper guidance/policy/plans make this a non-productive environment.

I am not currently enjoying this position.
a deployment
I was deployed to Kuwait, it was a new experience working in the operations. Most days were the same, just monitoring missions and answering radios.
Tank Operator
I spent a year in Kuwait, working on the US military base there. My job was transporting all of the army vehicles and tanks.
!!!
Great job, Kuwait a nice place. Hot and sand storms. You have to deal with a lot of idiocy, but if your smart you will get promoted fast.
U.S.Army base, I.T.T.Kuwait maintenance lead in heavy equipments (june2003 -may2006)
The I.T.T company was involved in maintenance and servicing of heavy equipment i.e. Cranes, 10K Fork Lift, Hydraulic operation machines, Bulldozer and Army fighting Tanks in a fast-paced entrepreneurial Environment for the U.S Army engaged in Gulf War.
RESPONSIBILITIES

To implement the service schedules through available mechanics

To make purchase requisition for parts and consumables

To give in put to the management regarding the functioning of various equipments

To suggest for alterations and modifications

To moniter and control the activities of subordinate staff

OTHER QUALIFICATION

Two APPRECIATION CERTIFICATES for my excellent work from Project Manager I.T.T. U.S.Army base Kuwait.
production field with responsibility
everyday,verygood knowledge about in vehicles troubles,very good
Pros
we getting food allowance
Cons
every 3 hour we getting breake
Very benefical experience for a Mobility Officer
Served as the Dubai Detachment Officer-in-Charge (OIC)oversees and executes cargo movement through Al Maktoum International Airport and Jebel Ali Sea Port in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) as directed by the Battalion Operations Officer in support of the Commander's intent; verifies and analyzes daily reports; ensures operational efficiency and implement improvements as needed; provides guidance to the Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge (NCOIC) on tasks and requirements; ensures dissemination of flights and vessel schedules; works closely with the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) regarding contractor issues; conducts research and planning for future operations; provides guidance and oversight to deploying and redeploying units throughout UAE as well as providing redeployment guidance to units stationed in Kuwait through Deployment/ Redeployment Operations (D/ROPS) briefings.
Pros
Received additional experience regarding seaport operations
Cons
Long days
Productive enviornement
Responsible for operating all wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways in Iraq. Manage loading, unloading, and the safety of personnel being transported during convoy operations. Oversee and check proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers. Ensure that proper convoy defense techniques were utilized during convoy operations. Identify, correct or report all vehicle deficiencies ensuring to an efficient convoy. Prepare vehicle for movement/shipment by air and vessel.
Presents great opportunity to gain experience.
The Army creates a environment of high intensity regarless of your area of expertise. Seperate sections and departments constantly work in small cells in order to play an effective role in the overall mission. In the Army one must learn to adapt to their environment as you often encounter many different types of leaders, with many different ways of creating a finished product. Some days hard and long but it is always a possitive feeling in the end.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Stressful work environments
A step in the right direction
Joining the military give you the experience and education needed to advance your career.
Pros
pays for college