United Capital

United Capital Employee Reviews

Working here was a fulfilling job, I learned a lot about calendar business and the market. I started in New York and worked there for three years after that I moved back home to Virginia where I continued my trade for a number more years. Even though working here was considered the “buy side” I had to sell myself to a number of investment banking houses.
You are just a number to them. Find somewhere else to work. It's all about numbers to them and the bottom line, it doesn't matter how you get there. It doesn't matter how many people you get rid of, as long as you're making money... Which they don't even know how to do because they don't listen to the experts in the area.
Poor upper management beyond my department. Lots of drama. Long hours. Unfair practices. Training is a joke. Too much expected from one person. Mgmt liked to pass the buck and take credit for work they did not do.
The job was cool, the benefits were real expensive, the pay was not competitive enough, not really stressful at all, my manager was great. The most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers and the food that was constantly brought in from day to day, week to week. The workplace culture was laid back, little room for promotion.
no team get-togethers for employee happiness.For sale, under watch with OSHA, self guided buyers flow through, can't sell, bad. Negative, drama, unruly F&B, ops, dos, gm, toxic toxic, owners blind to obvious.
Pros
After a group food will be left out for staff, restaurant food always leftover no guests, not sanitary as everyone passing by in the kitchen hands in it, and cleaning of the dirty dishes is near and the spray can practically reach the food, no gloves are used by cook.
Cons
Simple leftovers are always there since there is a ton of it no customer s in restaurant ever, when a group is in house. After everyone touches the food and takes what they will, the remaining food is kept or tossed. Yikes.
Lots of freedom given from the owner in order to allow each to achieve their goals.
Very little reporting and time in meetings, much rather one on one short discussions when needed.

Very direct and transparent communication.

Great place to work at
Very valuable experience for the future in hospitality industry.
Experience that gave me the opportunity to express my thoughts gained during my years of study.
Tense work with lot of financial return,learn how to deal with clients

good work place culture and hardest part is when there is no movement in stock and derivative markets.
A Capital company in Beijing, the working environment is very good with fancy office and good facilities in the mall. The colleagues are friendly and they have a lot of gatherings with interns.
Have thoroughly enjoyed working with the people at our office. It is a relaxed atmosphere although some deadlines are tight. The PTO time is okay, but health benefits are awful.
I have learned a great deal about the financial world and was able to grow with the position however; I have topped out with no room for advancement.

With several managers and different management styles, I learned how to read their wants and needs when it came to preparations for client meetings. It was a good place to learn how to work with different personalities and ways of managing.
Over all I would say that this company is extremely flexible in the sense that they can work around all scheduling conflicts, however it is mediatory to make your hours even if this means doubles and working 7 days a week. If you have an open availability and are ok with the base pay offered this is a great company. This company is still finding its identity so many issues still occur in operational tasks and the timing of events such as inventory and floor sets but overall if you can role with the punches you can survive.
Pros
There is a great staff in place at the Orland Square location.
Cons
Corporate is still working on itself so at times expectations are unrealistic.
I absolutely loved my time at United Capital. They gave me a challenging task that I completed in a timely matter. As well as offered other opportunities to better advance myself or find a better career after the task at hand was complete
High expectations of the employer but not of them selves great pay non-sociable I can say I learned be cautious around everyone with everything. There are many times we work individually, as well as a team and works really well.
As an intern I got an understanding of the basics that go into financial planning. I enjoyed coming into work and learning something new everyday. The culture was family orientented.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
small office
Starting from the ground floor, I was fortunate to be part of a team that year-by-year, piece-by-piece, grew into one of the largest, most innovative and widespread RIAs in the country. I was exposed to and helped shape virtually all angles of the company with a 360 degree worldview of the RIA landscape and the asset management, private wealth, and advisory business.
I enjoyed the atmosphere a lot, but did not like the ever-changing expectations. It was hard to please management. The company does not treat non-corporate employees well.
Excellent working atmoshpere, lots of duties to do throughout the day but such great co-workers helped to increase personal productivity which ultimately contributed to accomplish the firms goals.
Pros
excellent boss and coworkers
Focus on change management and introduction to new coporated culture.
Implement standards of operations and reporting.

Invigorate and revise outlets and support departments.

Unify and inspire co-workers
Pros
seeing positive physical and mental changes
Cons
leaving projects once up and running
Great enivironment to learn all types of trades
And operation of building equipment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Capital. Our community is ready to answer.