University of Maryland University College

University of Maryland University College Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
I learn so much about Cyber Security at UMUC. I am very happy that I had the opportunity to attend this school. My goal was to learn a lot more about the cyber world. I believe that this school gave me the opportunity to achieve my goal.
Like a lot of research, little to no pay but I learned a lot.
This is a volunteer research position. It gives me great experience in the field but a paying job. Everyone is different and I dont think I could make a good comparison with anyone else.
Excellent Place To Work!
University of Maryland University College which is now, University of Maryland Global Campus is an excellent organization and university to work for. The fully support their staff while taking care of the customers.
Being part of a team
I worked in Afghanistan during OEF. It was amazing experience working with great staff and students. I went to Afghanistan from Kosovo I felt I worked my whole life with the peoplen there
Pros
Cons
Teamwork
Teamwork is most noticed and valued at University of Maryland. The staff works so well together in achieving the ultimate goal of obtaining patient care and safety.
Higher Ed Environment Good Work Life Balance
Higher Ed Environment Good Work Life Balance.

Great place to work.

Negotiate salary high going on , little chance for more than a cost of living increase once you are in.
Great part-time Job
It's a great place to work while in school part-time. I would definitely recommend a second source of income.
Also I would not expect any quick start of a raise in salary.
Diversified delivery, a good strength of delivery model
Good flexibility and innovation. Having to teach online and Hybrid deliveries offers complexity that not only keep me engaged and creative, but also assist most of my student with a variety of learning platform to choose from.
Pros
Good opportunity for professional growth
Cons
No benefits for Adjunct faculties, no job security
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of Maryland University College?
I did only community service, its for school
Well, I did community service work there but it is nice. Now I have to say some bs in order to fill up the 150 character requirement. Hey, how you doing?
Good
Excellent work at this company/teaching and consulting. I have lots of great background before working for UMUC. My work as an IT and Computer Systems Consultant and a Chief Systems Architect.
Grear experience
Overall great experience would highly recommend anyone especially students
They offers great benefits for fulltime

Staff health and college courses for free

Access to all campus facilities discounts great people from all walks of life
Hard work
Very busy, very fast paced in Maryland university dinning ... students have a limited time eating before going back to class ... so we make sure food is perfect and ready to serve
Good management
Great customer service, The job is s good place to work for someone young like me. The Job has great benefits including Tuition remission which I am taking full advantage of.
Loved working for the University! They were a great employer. The workplace was managed well and organized. The employees were friendly and helpful to students.
did not work here
took online courses at this university did not work here. only took It courses online for a few months. After that I withdrew from it to help my family.
fair and professional
working there was fair and professional for all students! I was there when the bombing at Boston Marathon happened and one student was too close to a bomb so we worked everything out to let him recover!
Be careful
Everything is not what it appears to be. Advancement for the employees is highly discouraged among upper management. They never follow through with problem solving issues within the organization. There are several issues within the Department of Medicine.
Productive environment
I pam a student-athlete. It can get tough sometimes but my coaches and advisers always here to help me. Their help keeps my gpa and my tennis game and performance high
Love working with the group of people
Nice place to work friendly atmosphere. Gained skills in how the transcripts of incoming and currents student files were processed
Would like to work there again
Adjunct Faculty
It is a good employer. However, working online does not allow for much interaction with peers. There are occasional meetings but they are held on Saturdays and I am not able to attend.
It’s flexibility
Working with my coworkers everyday was a treat. I felt comfortable and carefree at all times. They were very nice and polite. We worked very will and made sure customers felt welcomed. I had regular customers come in and I knew right off the bat what they were buying without checking. Plus, being able to have the benefit of eating the food court meals was an added bonus. And part taking in their festivities sometimes was the icing on the cake.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Maryland University College. Our community is ready to answer.