Vectrus Employee Reviews

Outstanding
Supply Tech (Former Employee) –  KuwaitAugust 10, 2019
Very good company, takes care of it's employees. Outstanding to work for,

They do what they say and take care of it's employees, very reliable and understanding
Pros
Positive attitude with management
Good people. Bad company
Small Arms & Artillery Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitMarch 22, 2019
From my first day I realised I had made a terrible mistake. The management from the supervisory level up would NOT listen to the workers; and blatantly did not care. When the company lost the contract in Kuwait the new company released most, if not all, of the management.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor leadership in the company
Easy work but there is always the manager who wants to make things more difficult
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 22, 2019
The work is easy, until you meet the managers. They're always looking for ways to make it more difficult. They will impose extra assignments on you, assignments that are already under other positions but you have to do it and you will not be paid an extra penny. Please, do not listen to your recruiters when they tell you that you are going to work overtime and are going to make more money than they say in the job offer. These are lies to grab you but once you get to the place you realize that you only work 8 hours and there is no opportunity to make more money, unless you change the role.

At least in Kuwait the apartments(housing) are very good and they provide transportation between housing and the workplace. They offer 401k but they do not match so their 401k program really does not work. They offer a medical plan which you are obligated to take unless you already have one.

Overall, a good job, not counting the administration, pay is regular, you can get something better in USA. 401k is useless.
Pros
Housing, Transportation
Cons
Management, Pay
A typical day
Postal Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 24, 2019
A typical day in Kuwait working at a Post Office. Nothing Special long hours, no support. Please think this assignment over before signing up. The most enjoyable part of the day is leaving.
Pros
Fun place to work, got to meet new people
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 11, 2019
Typical day started with morning meeting, then we went to our work station. The culture of the workplace is very clique which is the con to this particular job. Nothing was hard about the job. Some days where more hectic than other days. I would say the most enjoyable about the job is meeting new people.
Cool Experience
Postal Clerk (Operations/Support) (Former Employee) –  KuwaitDecember 9, 2018
would work there again. Met really nice people, got to travel and see a lot of different places in the world. the job was in Kuwait, and would love to go back.
Safe workplace
RANGE MAINTENANCE TECHICNICIAN LEAD (Current Employee) –  KuwaitDecember 9, 2018
Safe workplace with a bad wether condition. Easy to work inside the office. Out side anytime wether will be changed.good experiences with different people.supporting army for their shooting practices, as a technician to repair the shooting equipments
Pros
Free lunch breakfast and dinner
Cons
Short break
Summary
Supply Supervisor (Current Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 29, 2018
Working at Vectrus is not a good idea. The company does not value employees. Benefits like sick time, paid vacation and free medical are a plus. Not enough to deal with management.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Poor management
Pay is low
System Administrator I (Former Employee) –  overseasNovember 14, 2018
Professionalism lacks due to hiring young kids who do not value customer service nor have good work ethic

Good amount of time off but hours are long
Pros
days off and vacation time is good
Cons
long hours, short lunch, rude co workers
Lies upon lies
Electrician (Current Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 31, 2018
First of all, they told us we were getting 120 sick hours and like 24 hours personal time. In actuality those 24 personal hours are already included in the 120 sick hours, so right off the bat, one lie. Secondly, the recruiter gave us a breakdown of the pay and it turns out the holiday and vacation days that they added to the base pay is not what you’re actually getting. So the total annual amount is way off, like $11,000 off. Latest news bulletin: They’re saying that if we form a pattern of taking sick days we have to show them a doctors note for the sick day. When originally you could take up to three consecutive sick days without having to show a doctors note. I thought those sick days were for us to use when we are sick or just tired of being at work. They also said after six months you would be able to take a 14 day paid vacation, But you don’t even have enough vacation time built up to take that amount of time so now you have to use your personal days (which comes out of your sick time). You have to pay for your own lunch at the DFAC and your meals when you’re off base, but you don’t receive any Perdiem. You’re already away from your family for a period of time and you can’t even change the desktop on your computer to have your family’s picture on there. Sometimes in order to do your job you have to do research on the Internet and the company blocks all the websites so you can’t even do your job correctly. And don’t forget, you might want to bring your own tools to work because they don’t even have tools for everyone. All the forms that use our forms that Supervisor  more... had to make. They preach safety but only issue one pair of safety glasses and one pair of gloves and if you need another pair you have to pay for them yourself. Then they want you to tie off to the hand railing that’s not even rated for the load and they’re going to write you up for it if you don’t it!  less
Pros
Good work
Cons
Management has no clue what’s going on
Poor
Personnel Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  KWAugust 22, 2018
The company doesn't go by skills, just favorites. Doesn't care about its employees. Create jobs and the salary for people they like. Poor upper management. Received new Program Managers every year.
Pros
Sick leave.
Cons
Underpaid
Vectrus kuwait
Supply Supervisor APS (Former Employee) –  KWJuly 7, 2018
The overall mood of the employees working there was less than enthusiastic. There were very long days and very short nights. There were very few people that worked on that project that actually enjoyed working there. To most it was just a paycheck.
we love to work with this company but some kind of problems im think to leave
Plumber (Former Employee) –  camp arifjan, kuwaitJune 26, 2018
Vectrus the most respectful company i ever see in my experince but i need relocated ,i need to get more pay from some other company bcoz of my family problems
Pros
free food for 3 times for every day
Cons
two tipes of break
click culture
Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  KWJune 24, 2018
High click culture if you want to move up you have to be friends with the right people, they don't care about you as a person and will cut your benefits without you knowing,
What about Vectrus?
Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJune 16, 2018
I am enjoying my life here in Kuwait while working with Vectrus.
Working in the Middle East with Vectrus has enabled me to move in my dreams.
Vectrus on this Army base has allowed me and others to obtain Certifications needed for the position.
There is a family like structure with the co-workers that makes it enjoyable to come to work. I have found that some Supervisors are easy to talk with and some appear to be not so easy to talk to.

Overall Vectrus is a company that isn't bad to work for and yes I will recommend this company to everyone else.
Great opportunity for overseas employment
ArcSight Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  KWMay 6, 2018
Vectrus is a great opportunity for overseas employment. There are many available position within Vectrus around the Middle East area. Typical work week is 60 hours a week.
Hated it
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  kuwaitApril 7, 2018
Hated it overseas it was extremely hard to not get angry. It was extremely stressful, amongst other things. If i made a dollar less i would've left sooner. The money was the only motivation i had.
Pros
the money
Cons
everything else
Productive work environment
SQL Database/ SAP Module Analyst, Kuwait (Former Employee) –  KuwaitApril 3, 2018
Vectrus was a great place to work. If the contract hadn't ended I would have still been there. The pay and benefits were great and the vacation package was outstanding.
Worked overseas
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMarch 20, 2018
All in all it was a great experience. Some areas operated like a family and made it very comfortable to be away from your family. Mixed cultures, long work days 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.
Great Company
RECOVERY MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 27, 2018
Great Management. Great place to work. Just need higher pay to retain employee. Would probably recommend working with and for the manager there. Great co-workers.
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vectrus. Our community is ready to answer.

Vectrus Reviews by Location