Vectrus

Vectrus Employee Reviews

Producive and Fun Place to work, gym
I love the diversity and meeting people from different nations was really great, eating different varities off food, making travel convenient going to other counties.
Good place to work if you don’t have an education and need to gain work experience
Defense contractors are a special breed of people. They bounce around from contract to contract and from company to company and in many cases, have worked in a lot of unrelated positions and job fields. There are Safety supervisors with absolutely no experience in Safety who was hired off the streets from the food service industry. If you have previous experience in Safety, forget everything you know. There are Safety Engineers who were Real Estate agents in their previous jobs. Scary! The Safety department is very top heavy with dead weight that provides very little support and job knowledge. The department is staffed for 29 personnel and of those 29,9 are safety specialists who executes 95 percent of all safety tasks. None of the leadership have industry related credentials or certifications or degrees for that matter
Pros
Tax free earnings
Cons
Vast majority of Supervisors/Managers would not be qualified at any reputable organization.
Growth and Stress
Vectrus is a great company to work for. if you like challenges and want to see yourself grow then Vectrus is the right company but that comes with a price of stress that you face on daily. Daily deadlines that need to be met, you learn how to organize yourself and prioritize the tasks to meet the given deadlines.
Good company to work with
I worked with this company for five years and was very satisfied with my job
They take care of their employees and is concerned about their well being

I would recommend this company to all who is seeking employment.

Good pay and housing accommodations are well up to good standards of living.
Work is challenging, people are priority
Great place to achieve great things. Locations are often remote but there is much room to make your mark. The work environment makes it easy to keep a focus on improving the company and making things better for everyone.
Pros
End of contract bonuses, fair salary
Cons
separation from family
Money OK, Location good, company goes beyond expectation when it comes to helping get a security clearance. Vacation days good. accumulate 20 hrs month
Great Opportunity
I really enjoy working for this company. The people and the work environment is awesome as well as the staff and leadership. Plus the overseas aspect is A great place also.
Work is not hard people make the job hard. No rides your back, but you will always have people that are not happy no matter what you do for them
Very good Program to work for. You will make good money but expect not to get rich. All companies are paying about the same. It depends on the field you’re in.
Productive and enjoyable work
worked with Vectrus as Supply associate for US Army base ,in Logistics department ,handling logistical operations such as maintaining different army supply items.
Opportunistic and Growth
Vectrus is a diverse company with a lot of opportunity for growth. This company is winning awards and bids at a very fast pace. Most of the staff is young and from diverse parts of the world. The atmosphere is relaxed but they get the work done.
I have been working with Vectrus for over 4 years, there is a lot of advancement opportunities
I have subcontracted with them for about 3 years and have been working directly with them for about a year. There is a lot of opportunity and help to push you to advance in your career. Most of your managers/bosses WANT to see you succeed and progress. They will push you and allow you to train in whatever it is you choose Management is pretty fair and benefits are great.
ok company to work for
I started working for VECTRUS when it was still ITT. It then changed to EXELIS and then to VECTRUS. I was there for almost 9 years. In that time I had mostly good experiences. Up until the last year I always had good people to work with and for. Things change. companies change, people change. Sometimes people give in to the pressures around them and begin to change how they behave. New people come in and the old, faithful persons are sometimes forgotten or pushed out.
Overall it is a good company to work for when you count the pay & benefits.
Good
Was a great place to work and learn how to do your job. I enjoyed my time there and really learned a lot. I recommend working there to gather experience
Great work place
I enjoyed working with the multi-national team I had on my staff. It gave me a chance to better understand and manage personnel who had different views.
Productive and fun place to work
A typical workday at Vectrus was routine unless there were outages that needed to be worked on. The field I was working in it was always something new to learn every day because the technology was always changing.
Good company to work for
I've worked for Vectrus/ITT on different contracts and have no complaints. Their vacation package is great, which is very important in this environment.
Outstanding
Very good company, takes care of it's employees. Outstanding to work for,

They do what they say and take care of it's employees, very reliable and understanding
Pros
Positive attitude with management
Good people. Bad company
From my first day I realised I had made a terrible mistake. The management from the supervisory level up would NOT listen to the workers; and blatantly did not care. When the company lost the contract in Kuwait the new company released most, if not all, of the management.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor leadership in the company
Good company to start with.
Vectrus is a good company to start with if you're new to IT as they provide several opportunities to train in other areas. The vacation is real good and no other company compares.
Easy work but there is always the manager who wants to make things more difficult
The work is easy, until you meet the managers. They're always looking for ways to make it more difficult. They will impose extra assignments on you, assignments that are already under other positions but you have to do it and you will not be paid an extra penny. Please, do not listen to your recruiters when they tell you that you are going to work overtime and are going to make more money than they say in the job offer. These are lies to grab you but once you get to the place you realize that you only work 8 hours and there is no opportunity to make more money, unless you change the role.

At least in Kuwait the apartments(housing) are very good and they provide transportation between housing and the workplace. They offer 401k but they do not match so their 401k program really does not work. They offer a medical plan which you are obligated to take unless you already have one.

Overall, a good job, not counting the administration, pay is regular, you can get something better in USA. 401k is useless.
Pros
Housing, Transportation
Cons
Management, Pay
A typical day
A typical day in Kuwait working at a Post Office. Nothing Special long hours, no support. Please think this assignment over before signing up. The most enjoyable part of the day is leaving.
Pros
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vectrus. Our community is ready to answer.
Vectrus Reviews by Location