Vectrus

Vectrus Employee Reviews

Kuwait125 reviews
Looking back, I actually was very happy with Vectrus, KBOSSS. I left only because I had a new baby. I needed a higher paying job. However, the actual work was fantastic.

I enjoyed my coworkers and my work. Due to the secretive nature of our work, we usually didn't have random guests. So, it was a very relaxed environment. Also, the management actually considers the advice of subordinates. Projects tend to flow smoothly.

It's a great company, if you're looking for recession-proof employment, if you work in essential roles. Since the company is big, you have the opportunity to travel the world. I worked in Kuwait and have visited more than a dozen countries, within the region.

The living arrangement were hotel quality! This makes up for the lower than expected salary. Unless, I needed a little extra food, I never had to leave the compound. There ae security guards EVERYWHERE, 24/7. I have never felt so safe, in Kuwait. Also, my shared condo was comfy.

I truly didn't want to leave all of this behind. Perhaps, I'll return, eventually!
Pros
Great living arangments, company car, the best health insurance I've ever had, good salary for the labor, relaxed enviroment, transfers to other sections, great managers, responsive HR, too many other perks to name
Cons
Salary is slightly below the sweet spot for none managers, no tuition reimbursement
I liked working for Vectrus and may possibly return after I finish school. They really took good care of me, I found the benefits to be a bonus to my employment.
I would return if they needed me now.
If government contracting is what you wish to do, the work experience can be gained with this company as Vectrus is a great stepping-stone. There are many locations to work from around the world. The experience gained with Vectrus can lead to bigger and better opportunities elsewhere.
Management is a joke who doesn't care about you period. If you are a Freemason or got good knees you can get special treatment. Racial and Medical discrimination is high and if you report anything they will retaliate against you. There are plenty of lawsuits stay away from this company at all costs.
Good company, good Management and very warm welcoming to their employees. The company have good employee retention policy. They do provide all kind and any kind of support while employees are schedule to company related travels. They well organized and very well known through for their reputations.
Defense contractors are a special breed of people. They bounce around from contract to contract and from company to company and in many cases, have worked in a lot of unrelated positions and job fields. There are Safety supervisors with absolutely no experience in Safety who was hired off the streets from the food service industry. If you have previous experience in Safety, forget everything you know. There are Safety Engineers who were Real Estate agents in their previous jobs. Scary! The Safety department is very top heavy with dead weight that provides very little support and job knowledge. The department is staffed for 29 personnel and of those 29,9 are safety specialists who executes 95 percent of all safety tasks. None of the leadership have industry related credentials or certifications or degrees for that matter
Pros
Tax free earnings
Cons
Vast majority of Supervisors/Managers would not be qualified at any reputable organization.
You will be paired with a lead to train you, Supervisor has her own agenda. You would be better off staying stateside and dealing with family then be in a foreign country dealing with this.
Vectrus is a great company to work for. if you like challenges and want to see yourself grow then Vectrus is the right company but that comes with a price of stress that you face on daily. Daily deadlines that need to be met, you learn how to organize yourself and prioritize the tasks to meet the given deadlines.
I love the diversity and meeting people from different nations was really great, eating different varities off food, making travel convenient going to other counties.
I worked with this company for five years and was very satisfied with my job
They take care of their employees and is concerned about their well being

I would recommend this company to all who is seeking employment.

Good pay and housing accommodations are well up to good standards of living.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vectrus?
Great place to achieve great things. Locations are often remote but there is much room to make your mark. The work environment makes it easy to keep a focus on improving the company and making things better for everyone.
Pros
End of contract bonuses, fair salary
Cons
separation from family
Money OK, Location good, company goes beyond expectation when it comes to helping get a security clearance. Vacation days good. accumulate 20 hrs month
I really enjoy working for this company. The people and the work environment is awesome as well as the staff and leadership. Plus the overseas aspect is A great place also.
Very good Program to work for. You will make good money but expect not to get rich. All companies are paying about the same. It depends on the field you’re in.
worked with Vectrus as Supply associate for US Army base ,in Logistics department ,handling logistical operations such as maintaining different army supply items.
My work location was in Kuwait. A typical work day started around 8am. The work environment was always pleasant. I contribute that to the Vectrus management active involvement in workplace policy on harassment. The most enjoyable part of the job was social gatherings with co-workers, and the opportunity to travel to other Middle East Countries.
Vectrus is a diverse company with a lot of opportunity for growth. This company is winning awards and bids at a very fast pace. Most of the staff is young and from diverse parts of the world. The atmosphere is relaxed but they get the work done.
I have subcontracted with them for about 3 years and have been working directly with them for about a year. There is a lot of opportunity and help to push you to advance in your career. Most of your managers/bosses WANT to see you succeed and progress. They will push you and allow you to train in whatever it is you choose Management is pretty fair and benefits are great.
I started working for VECTRUS when it was still ITT. It then changed to EXELIS and then to VECTRUS. I was there for almost 9 years. In that time I had mostly good experiences. Up until the last year I always had good people to work with and for. Things change. companies change, people change. Sometimes people give in to the pressures around them and begin to change how they behave. New people come in and the old, faithful persons are sometimes forgotten or pushed out.
Overall it is a good company to work for when you count the pay & benefits.
Was a great place to work and learn how to do your job. I enjoyed my time there and really learned a lot. I recommend working there to gather experience
I enjoyed working with the multi-national team I had on my staff. It gave me a chance to better understand and manage personnel who had different views.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vectrus. Our community is ready to answer.
Vectrus Reviews by Location