Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,119 reviews
I worked at Victoria Secret for 5 years and I learned more Communucating skills and selling techniques in this field. I learned also how to handle customer coplaints in diff. Nationalities
Everyone is fighting for hours. If you haven’t been there for a long time you get about 5 hours every two weeks. And even employees that have been with the company are looking at a similar schedule to that. Definitely a whole lot of favoritism. I am more than competent with my selling ability although never was given the opportunity to make those goals since was always put on the register. They will have no issue with canceling your shift due to over staffing with little to no notice beforehand. Overall wasn’t given opportunity at all. First day was thanksgiving with 1 hr of training which was a scavenger hunt where I learned nothing. Luckily I am a quick learner so figuring how to use the register on the first shift was a breeze.
Pros
Lots of days off
Cons
Fighting for hours, Inadequate training, shift cuts right before your shift, even employee discount is garbage.
Mal.ambiente de trabajo Manager sin ética y respeto
Cons
Horarios no definidos. Falta de respeto y etica de algunos manager
I was hired in October 2020 as a seasonal associate only and was asked in January 2021 to stay on as core associate. LBrands (VS) has been very professional, caring and a overall good place to work for.
Pros
Free merch
Cons
Lots of information to learn
The discount was amazing. There is plenty of room for advancement if you really want it. I got promoted my first year there. They are all about their credit card. You have to get a certain number of credit cards or you run the risk of being terminated. I would work here again if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Amazing discount, great pay
Cons
Childish atmosphere, sales goals
Great place to work, holiday season is the peak when you’ll receive plenty of hours but will decline drastically once the season is over. Management is great
Was great working there! The management at the store I worked at was great. The corporate management was in a great flux so things were not good and our store closed because of corporate.
You will learn to go above and beyond in your role.The culture is unsettling.Management and team is yet to understand the power of owning their role.
Pros
Freebies every month
Cons
Victoria secret is a Fun place to work for those who need a part time job for the season it’s really good for those who want a good retail experience
Like any other retail job there’s not a whole lot of work life balance, I don’t think you are paid fairly for the amount of physical work and hours you put in, especially during the holiday time.
I love the brand so I figured I could work here. BIG MISTAKE. Before I got hired I made it very clear the schedule I had with school. She said it was okay that they can work around it. About 3 weeks in, she pulled me in the office and asked me if I was willing to miss school to close on Fridays. I refused. She proceeded to schedule me on the nights I had class. I never went back. I would never recommend this specific location to ANYONE.
Pros
Great discount.
Cons
Everything about this location
I loved working here! I was hired in as seasonal help and was asked to stay part time after seasonal ended. I was bumped up to a sales specialist and made a small commission off of my sales. The pay was good for a PT job. After finding a FT job, I kept the job for awhile for extra money. I enjoyed working with the customers and seeing all the new merchandise. Store manager was very supportive if she saw you were a hard worker.
Pros
Good pay, overall treated good by management
Cons
One very rude manager, some young, rude co-workers
Victoria secret on Upper East Side needs a better store manager. Managers & supervisors have poor communication. They want you doing everything at once & it’s impossible. Barely give out hours to anyone but shipping.
Pros
Pink girls get 60% any 10 items per quarter
Cons
Only get 15 mins, no hrs given
Good place to work when you have a good team to work with. The company has a tendency to make last minute changes a lot which can be extremely stressful. At times there isn't much of a work-life balance, it would be hard to leave on time. In all I felt like I learned a lot and made some long lasting friendships.
Save yourself the trouble and heartache. You'll be talked about, given unkept promises, and there will be many double standards. The stress outweighs the benefits.
Fun place to work while in high school and throughout college. A lot of folding and recovering the store, staying after closing time for over an hour each night
Pros
30-50% discount, free or heavily discounted items each month
Cons
Crazy hours, rude customers, on feet all day
Working here taught me to become more patient with customers. The environment is fun to be around, the people are also very kind. Easy to trade shifts and take extra shifts.
There is absolutely no work-life balance. They don’t give promotions to those who work hard, instead they’re given to those who have “the right look.” They employ extremely inappropriate management, who create unsafe work environments. And lastly, they constantly threaten your jobs security.
Pros
Starting pay is $11.
Cons
No breaks, horrible management, staff bullies new people.
I loved working here with my coworkers, and enjoyed my job. The employee discount was good and gave great holiday hours. Although, management is what made me quit ultimately because it became hostile. The management (especially higher up the scale) is extremely hostile and inappropriate with how they handle their anger and emotions. Also they tried to get me to work over 40 hours a week and tried to move around my hours (as a part time employee)... so not okay. Do not work at any of the locations around AZ because you will most likely face the same problem due to one of the district managers ability to frazzle store managers.
Does not work with hours you tell them you can and can’t work and some managers are better than others. It’s a great company if you don’t want a life outside of work.
Very unorganized management. Expect phone interviews around 9pm. No one is training you. You will learn as you go. There is no proper training to explain how to do your job effectively or what your job even is. You can expect to be there up to three (3) hours past your scheduled time which is “expected and normal” Overall a very poor working experience.
Pros
30% discount with Victoria Secret/ Pink/ Bath and Body Works
Cons
Short breaks, overextended shifts with short breaks, everything was horrible.
  1. Employee Reviews