Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,165 reviews
I worked at Victoria Secret for 5 years and I learned more Communucating skills and selling techniques in this field. I learned also how to handle customer coplaints in diff. Nationalities
Victoria's Secret is a great job. They trained you really well and the music and environment is super great! Working ovethere is super nice experience!!
Pros
Great management, employee discount, Free stuff every month. They make you feel like family.
Cons
Not much hours during the week
Have insane expectations. Have to stand outside at extreme weather conditions to greet customers during the pandemic. This company is about numbers. They do not care about their employees. Over the past couple of years, tenured employees who have been with the company has resigned or been fired. Company morales are no longer the same.
Pros
Store discount also at cross brand stores.
Cons
Pop up visits from corporate, coaching insult associates. Favoritism among store managers and district managers
Little pay, customers are mean when you can't take back really old items and can't take old coupons, they yell at you and then a manager will override so you had to deal with all that stress for bad pay for nothing!! yes touching dirty underwear with your hands people bring back
Pros
NO food they wouldn't let my get food across street
Cons
15 mins breaks long hours on feet
VS is a good place to work, for short term. The associates are great and are the reason to why I have stayed for this long. Promises of job growth are given often, but rarely any follow through. There is minimal to no training given, even when given a "promotion", and you are expected to know the process' or figure it out on your own. The turnover rate is far to high for the positions that are being abandoned. The variation on policies throughout management is horrifying. They run the show how they please and you never get the same answer when asking a member of management. Without any checks or balances each manager has dug themselves into a reputation of stubborness and trouble controlling their anger. They have been in their positions for too long, with no checks to their management style, and when remarked about it, the response is "that's just how she is". I have on numerous occasions had voices raised at me in front of customers, for conflicts that were not handled appropriately. I have witnessed numerous employees get yelled at, only for the manager to realize it was their own mistake. I have learned that management is only open to "coaching" when it is from someone higher up the ladder, and will discredit your opinions if they do not align with their own. The lack of professionalism is astounding, and I could not be more displeased with some of the experiences I have been through. Overall it was not a terrific experience. Definitely a place of work where I, and many other have been overlooked for the work and effort we put forth. In short, you are usually overworked, - more...
Management can not get it together. Not a good environment very stressful complaints to upper management are never handled properly. Nothing is done by vs standards
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Negative work environment
If you're hired for seasonal, proceed with caution. There's barely any training. Mostly, you just get told to clock in and then you're totally confused as to who you're reporting to, let alone what your placement is in the store for the day and your duties. There's hardly any communication from management, aside from being reprimanded about doing something wrong, which wouldn't be wrong if they had just properly trained you. Lack of direction from management definitely overshadowed any bad experiences with customers. Most of the time, the customers you helped were the best part of the day.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Lack of actual management and direction
Working at Victoria’s Secret was the worst job ever. You work full time hours but don’t get full time benefits. During my time there, we would spend at LEAST 3 hours recovering the store after the mall closed. Avoid this company like the plague
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, no overtime, hectic, disorganized
I can’t even describe how depressing it is to work here. The store manager is disrespectful and belittles you. I’ve personally even seen rats in the store. It’s almost impossible to grow within the store. Most of the time the mangers don’t help you with deal with customers nor do they help you close the store. It’s a horrible work environment, so I don’t recommend anyone to ever work there. Even the pay is awful and there’s never hours.
Cons
I worked there as a seasonal employee and we did alot of early shifts. On a typical day I would start at 5am to restock and rearrange the room layout. It was alot of back and forth of reorganizing the merchandise before the store opened. Overall not bad.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
strict dress attire, had to always wear black
Great management and great flexibility! Respectful environment and there are numerous opportunities for advancement. There is a significant amount of job security as well!
Cons
Short breaks
If you love folding panties for 2 hours past closing, then this job is for you. If you don't care about how you get treated by the managers, this job is the one for you.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, disrespect by managers.
Never get recognized at this job. Managers are rude and very selfish, never helps workers. Very stressful job and work environment. Toxic place to be around.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Never appreciated
The job is what you typically would expect out of retail, and people have very mixed reviews based on managers, who can make or break your experience. Most of mine were great, and they were often very flexible about scheduling.
It was a decent job for additional money/the discount, but would be a struggle if you were dependant on this job for sole income. Had an awful on-call scheduling practice and hours varied greatly week to week
Can be over worked for the pay but flexible schedule and possibly to move up. Management I had was okay but they moved people to other locations often.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Psy
Love working at Victoria’s Secret but definitely wish the pay was better. Scheduling is flexible and the discount/monthly benefits is awesome! The only bad thing is constantly having to connect with customers even if they don’t want to be helped. Other than that I would definitely recommend working at VS especially for a first job!
Pros
Breaks, monthly discount, store discount, fun
Cons
Customers
The training was rushed and on a small tablet device and I felt unable to learn all the necessary information for the position. They did not have any resources to take home with you to help withthe training and management was not very helpful in the regard of questions after training. Training lasted one day.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, employee discount, encouraging selling atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, Overnight shifts were tough
Ambiente di lavoro stressante e competitivo. Con l'unico obbiettivo di vendere vendere vendere il più possibile. Assunte 100 ragazze per il picco di Natale e per l'allestimento e nuova apertura del negozio all'interno del centro commerciale porte di Roma. Pessima esperienza.
Don’t work here it’s the worst management I’ve ever experienced. You get no benefits and never move up. They are horrible with scheduling and following your availability as well.
Worse place I’ve ever worked so competitive and not friendly no one is happy and the amount of people you left in the short time I was there was shocking. Your really just a number to them not a happy environment at all.
  1. Employee Reviews