Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,165 reviews
I worked at Victoria Secret for 5 years and I learned more Communucating skills and selling techniques in this field. I learned also how to handle customer coplaints in diff. Nationalities
I was over the moon to get to be invited to work at the flagship store on Bond St in London’s West End. The store is stunning and I felt proud to work there. But the problems began from the day I started. Managers and floor leaders were kept quitting suddenly putting other staff in charge who were not qualified in managing, resulting in not receiving the proper training. There was so much to learn and it was expected of you to know it all immediately. There was constantly bullying and telling off and you are made to feel dumb or inadequate, to the point where you break and are constantly upset . The shifts can be scheduled morning, noon or night I was getting home midnight sometimes. So be prepared for all hours. As gorgeous as the store is I decided to leave after 4 months. No job is worth that much misery.
Pros
Beautiful store and products
Cons
Militant
The company is very fast pace. In my store we do more than one task at a time pretty often. Like most retail positions there are no set hours. Fixing panty tables are pretty challenging along with setting up for semi annual sales. There is also a lot of petty theft that occurs, however the company says the brand is more important than the merchandise so you are expected to watch people steal.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours
As long as this is just a "fun" job that you don't have to take seriosuly, you're fine. Keep in mind you work with mostly all women and it can get catty so either stay out of it and don't get sucked into the gossip or make friends with the managers so they have your back.
I enjoyed my time here, all of the coworkers were nice to me. I was a seasonal employee and worked here while in school part-time. I enjoyed the monthly gratis which were free or discounted items!
Pros
monthly gratis
Cons
inconsistent schedule
The managers were not the nicest. I was not pleased with my work environment due to the pettiness of the employees but the pay was reasonable for a sales associate.
You will never get promoted if you are not the favorite no matter how hard you work. They pay great however you don’t see the light of day and work non stop. You will have no personal life.
I only worked here as a temp but actually got my contract ended earlier than I thought without any notice, so I was a bit taken back as I then had no income.Most of the staff members were friendly but also it is very cliquey which I didn't get along with. you have to wear an ear piece so you tend to get nagged quite a lot to do tasks in your ear, so was quite stressful.
Pros
very good pay and good discount
Cons
stressful environment
Enjoyed working at this job. Very fun. Loved the energy while working here. The girls were fun. There was fun ways to reach our goals. Great job just sucks if you’re seasonal and want to stay bc they usually don’t keep you
I enjoyed my time with the company. I loved all the incentives they had and was a competitive pay for being a retail job. This store was run better than other retail stores I have worked for.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Victoria's Secret?
Everyone is fighting for hours. If you haven’t been there for a long time you get about 5 hours every two weeks. And even employees that have been with the company are looking at a similar schedule to that. Definitely a whole lot of favoritism. I am more than competent with my selling ability although never was given the opportunity to make those goals since was always put on the register. They will have no issue with canceling your shift due to over staffing with little to no notice beforehand. Overall wasn’t given opportunity at all. First day was thanksgiving with 1 hr of training which was a scavenger hunt where I learned nothing. Luckily I am a quick learner so figuring how to use the register on the first shift was a breeze.
Pros
Lots of days off
Cons
Fighting for hours, Inadequate training, shift cuts right before your shift, even employee discount is garbage.
Mal.ambiente de trabajo Manager sin ética y respeto
Cons
Horarios no definidos. Falta de respeto y etica de algunos manager
I was hired in October 2020 as a seasonal associate only and was asked in January 2021 to stay on as core associate. LBrands (VS) has been very professional, caring and a overall good place to work for.
Pros
Free merch
Cons
Lots of information to learn
The discount was amazing. There is plenty of room for advancement if you really want it. I got promoted my first year there. They are all about their credit card. You have to get a certain number of credit cards or you run the risk of being terminated. I would work here again if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Amazing discount, great pay
Cons
Childish atmosphere, sales goals
Great place to work, holiday season is the peak when you’ll receive plenty of hours but will decline drastically once the season is over. Management is great
Was great working there! The management at the store I worked at was great. The corporate management was in a great flux so things were not good and our store closed because of corporate.
You will learn to go above and beyond in your role.The culture is unsettling.Management and team is yet to understand the power of owning their role.
Pros
Freebies every month
Cons
Victoria secret is a Fun place to work for those who need a part time job for the season it’s really good for those who want a good retail experience
Like any other retail job there’s not a whole lot of work life balance, I don’t think you are paid fairly for the amount of physical work and hours you put in, especially during the holiday time.
I love the brand so I figured I could work here. BIG MISTAKE. Before I got hired I made it very clear the schedule I had with school. She said it was okay that they can work around it. About 3 weeks in, she pulled me in the office and asked me if I was willing to miss school to close on Fridays. I refused. She proceeded to schedule me on the nights I had class. I never went back. I would never recommend this specific location to ANYONE.
Pros
Great discount.
Cons
Everything about this location
I loved working here! I was hired in as seasonal help and was asked to stay part time after seasonal ended. I was bumped up to a sales specialist and made a small commission off of my sales. The pay was good for a PT job. After finding a FT job, I kept the job for awhile for extra money. I enjoyed working with the customers and seeing all the new merchandise. Store manager was very supportive if she saw you were a hard worker.
Pros
Good pay, overall treated good by management
Cons
One very rude manager, some young, rude co-workers
  1. Employee Reviews