Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,165 reviews
I worked at Victoria Secret for 5 years and I learned more Communucating skills and selling techniques in this field. I learned also how to handle customer coplaints in diff. Nationalities
Victoria secret on Upper East Side needs a better store manager. Managers & supervisors have poor communication. They want you doing everything at once & it’s impossible. Barely give out hours to anyone but shipping.
Pros
Pink girls get 60% any 10 items per quarter
Cons
Only get 15 mins, no hrs given
Good place to work when you have a good team to work with. The company has a tendency to make last minute changes a lot which can be extremely stressful. At times there isn't much of a work-life balance, it would be hard to leave on time. In all I felt like I learned a lot and made some long lasting friendships.
Save yourself the trouble and heartache. You'll be talked about, given unkept promises, and there will be many double standards. The stress outweighs the benefits.
Fun place to work while in high school and throughout college. A lot of folding and recovering the store, staying after closing time for over an hour each night
Pros
30-50% discount, free or heavily discounted items each month
Cons
Crazy hours, rude customers, on feet all day
Working here taught me to become more patient with customers. The environment is fun to be around, the people are also very kind. Easy to trade shifts and take extra shifts.
There is absolutely no work-life balance. They don’t give promotions to those who work hard, instead they’re given to those who have “the right look.” They employ extremely inappropriate management, who create unsafe work environments. And lastly, they constantly threaten your jobs security.
Pros
Starting pay is $11.
Cons
No breaks, horrible management, staff bullies new people.
I loved working here with my coworkers, and enjoyed my job. The employee discount was good and gave great holiday hours. Although, management is what made me quit ultimately because it became hostile. The management (especially higher up the scale) is extremely hostile and inappropriate with how they handle their anger and emotions. Also they tried to get me to work over 40 hours a week and tried to move around my hours (as a part time employee)... so not okay. Do not work at any of the locations around AZ because you will most likely face the same problem due to one of the district managers ability to frazzle store managers.
Does not work with hours you tell them you can and can’t work and some managers are better than others. It’s a great company if you don’t want a life outside of work.
Very unorganized management. Expect phone interviews around 9pm. No one is training you. You will learn as you go. There is no proper training to explain how to do your job effectively or what your job even is. You can expect to be there up to three (3) hours past your scheduled time which is “expected and normal” Overall a very poor working experience.
Pros
30% discount with Victoria Secret/ Pink/ Bath and Body Works
Cons
Short breaks, overextended shifts with short breaks, everything was horrible.
Great place to work. Have fun but also get work done and helping customers is always great 😊 I hated folding panties every night but we’d make the best of it and we would all leave work together at night. Which was great. It’s protocol to make sure everyone gets to their car’s safety
Pros
Bonuses
Benefits
I found myself working closer to 50+ hours a week because of the lack of staff, so my work life balance was a mess. You would think that because I’m putting in the time and having the skills, that I would be compensated fairly, but I was not. I was a member of leadership but was only making $12 an hour. The entire workplace felt like high school. There were different groups of cliques and management would pick their favorite clique members for advancement. Toxic environment.
Pros
Gratis, discount, and tuition assistance
Cons
Management, advancement in company and pay
I loved working here! It was so fun helping customers, and making sure they left the store with something they loved. Also the gratis were a great way to build my wardrobe to help learn all about our products! 10/10
Pros
gratis, spiffs, training
Cons
short breaks, black out periods
The hours are terrible. You literally get paid nothing and do all this work and they have "no hours" you have to beg for hours anditsnot guaranteed. I have to get out of this place
Cons
Terrible management
I loved working for this company. The drive I had mixed with their culture and ability to train/manage in a superior level mot only helped me succeed with the company, but in my personal life as well.
Pros
Benefits, rewards
Cons
Organization amd structure could use some work
This company BARELY trains you on anything, and throws you out there on the spot expecting you to know what to do, employees are always snarky and rude. Constantly had them in your ear forcing you to bother people constantly and got mad when people didn’t buy enough of the stuff supposed to upsale, even if it isn’t your fault. Only ever saw the actual manager maybe once. They’re grown adult women who gossip like high school girls about eachother. Overall toxic environment, and not a fair work place. Sometimes I didn’t even receive a break when I worked my shifts.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Terrible management, toxic members, do not care about you as a person
Fun place to work. Good employee discount. Management can be difficult. Good stepping stone if you want to move up. Worked with great other emploters and got along with everyone.
Pros
Employee discounts, chances for more hours
Cons
Fast paced, poor management
Buena paga pero pésimo ambiente de trabajo, se crean muchos chismes.
Pros
Paga
Cons
Ambiente de trabajo
Everyone’s normal lol. Like In a weird way. Just a bunch of casual people trying to make a living for their own situations and needs. Working there I’ve made plenty of memories and friends! They’re very welcoming. Managers can be hard going but for your own sake they’re not even the worse. They’re rough with a good side! And it helps you work with most customers that give you a hard time. Cause you’ve grown into adjusting and being patient. It molds you into acknowledging the customer and helping out to realize it’s just a long day for everyone. Perfect job for anyone who loves people. Terrible job for anyone who actually loves VS too many good deals for employees lmao. You’re going to waste your money ! Yet you also get great experience. Up to you :)
Pros
Deals, experience, friends
Cons
Wasting money
I loved this job! It was so fun, the girls were all so sweet and inclusive. The management team was awesome! If you love and believe in the product then you’ll love the job!
Pros
Discount, flexible schedule, culture
Cons
No room for upper movement
Fun work place but holidays can be stressful. Paid well and good management. For the most part they work well with your schedule, especially if you're a student.
  1. Employee Reviews