Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,165 reviews
I worked at Victoria Secret for 5 years and I learned more Communucating skills and selling techniques in this field. I learned also how to handle customer coplaints in diff. Nationalities
The people I worked with were great but the managers were weird in all seriousness. It was like they wanted to be mean but still came off nice and they’re eyes just looked crazy like they’re on drugs or something.
Pros
The stocking work was fun and easy, Discount was 30% off
Cons
No Benifits no commission
It’s definitely a toxic culure that is great at brainwashing you into believing that you’re changing lives and lucky to be working for a “world class brand”. The workload for store managers is ridiculous often demanding closer to 50 hour work weeks if you’re going to stay on top of the administrative work as well as pulling your weight selling on the sales floor. Theft is high, daily, and demoralizing with the store being held responsible for it without the ability to truly stop it. All that being said...it’s a great job if you want a career in retail and are the type of person to persevere and absorb the business lessons the company does teach. My advice would be to just move on quickly and apply the skills you’ve learned in a company who actually provides worklife balance and who has a more clear direction for their stores.
Pros
Pay, business skills learned
Cons
Long hours, reactionary business, high stress, high theft
Okay job if in high school or college. Pretty easy just sales and cashier stuff. Pay isn’t the best and hours are pretty slow be lucky to get 15-17 hours a week.
Worked so many hours and had so many responsibilities for things that was not under job description. There was no support nor acknowledgement. No encouragement for improvement
The work here was great and the company really cares for its employees. Upon closing during March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company extended out pay to April 2020. There were many opportunities for bonuses. Gratis benefits were a plus, who doesn't love extra money and free stuff? Requests for time off were easy to put in and were almost always approved.The mission behind VIctoria's Secret is to ensure that everybody feels beautiful and inclusion is a top priority in the company. The goal is to provide a comfortable shopping experience for any person who walks in the door. I really miss working for this company. If it weren't for a permanent store closure, I would still be working there because I loved the work, the company, and my coworkers.
Pros
Gratis, bonuses, flexible schedule, opportunity to advance, benefits unlikely found elsewhere
Cons
Benefits not available for seasonal/temp
A really nice place to work if your managers are easy to get along with and understanding. It's also a very fast-paced environment, so you must remain focused at all times. However, don't let the glamour fool you, because this certainly is not a position for everyone.
Pros
Disscounts
I worked at the VSL/Pink in Slidell and I loved it at first, but the politics and drama were more important than anything else. I was best qualified for a managerial position and was given a promotion during the holidays. However, as soon as the holiday rush was over, so was my promotion and pay raise. This place is full of "favorites" and everyone that I have spoken to from various locations, all say the same thing.
Pros
Atmosphere, really get to help ladies feel beautiful
Cons
Management, no room from advancement (even though they say you do).
i liked working here, it was a fast paced environment but it was a bit tasking because customers could be demanding. but their response to covid was horrible. the sales goals are unrealistic and managers could get pushy with their overselling. which can make for an uncomfortable environment for the customers. my time there was not completely terrible but you do need patience to work there between the customers and managers. i only stood for the pay.
Okay place to work. If you love working retail, this job is for you. Requires great customer service. The training was okay. Easy job, goodluck.......
A good management teams plays a huge part in your ability of great work performance. Unfortunately this is where Victoria’s Secret falls short. No teamwork.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No sense of teamwork from management
We get a decent discount whether you work in PINK or Victoria’s Secret. The mall also has its day’s with the best drama! Some days are so lit! People steal a lot but you cant really do anything.
Pros
holiday parties
Cons
Associates are inconsiderate
The Victoria Secret environment is fun and fast-paced. The team is all females to make customers feel comfortable with shopping and ordering within the store. As well as fitting rooms when they are open. The ability to see a woman bloom like a flower in confidence is the bonus of the work and environment. We change lives one at a time with beauty and confidence for women around us.
I worked at VS for a short amount of time as a seasonal associate. I really enjoyed the time that I was there, I felt that the management and all of the girls working there were always very helpful and supportive while I was learning the functions of the store. It was a good environment to be in with good people. The pay that I received was pretty good, more than what most other retail positions offer. Overall a very positive experience.I do have a few criticisms though. A lot of the work could be pretty monotonous (ie standing in one spot for four hours sorting panties). And there was also some inconsistencies in my schedule. At the beginning of the week I could be scheduled for four different shifts, and throughout the week they would get cancelled until I only ended up working one. Though, to be fair, they warned us in the beginning that schedules would change.
Pros
good management, nice people, good pay
Cons
tedious work, constant schedule changes
Coworkers are great. Face paced environment to keep busy all the time. Customer service is good. Management is overall good, sometimes unorganized. Pay is ok
It is mostly like any other retail job but really fun if you are into their products. Plus they give you lots of free or heavily discounted stuff so you are able to recommend!
Pros
Lots of free and discounted items, fun environment
Cons
Random schedule and not flexible
This is a girl's club. Corporate dictates every aspect of the job with almost zero knowledge of how to practice what they expect. Customers frequently get frustrated with you doing what you are told to do. They spend a lot on training but its not applicable. Hours are retail, but the workload is incredible for terrible pay. The perks are nonexistent as this company continues to be more stingy every year.
Pros
Name brand is recognizable
Cons
The rest of the job
Not a really good place to work. it was just a basic retail job, but people were stuck up and not the nicest. the hours weren't terrible, but had to meet quotas and they made you use your credit card to hit them.
Pros
just sorting clothes
Cons
people were stuck up
Pretty boring, You do the same things every day for 8 hrs.Cancelled shifts, reduced hours, sometimes they send you home in the middle of your shift, so,if you calculate how much you get in the end of the month its always gonna be less.Staff is really nice and friendly (almost everyone)Manager(s) are only care about the daily targets ,sometimes they can be rude, controlling especially one of them.It can be fun and it can be terrible.
Pros
discounts, experience in retail, dress code is nice
Cons
no fixed shifts, reduced\cancelled shifts, bad management
I love the company and what it stands for. My co-workers are amazing!! But... they don’t treat you fairly, if you call out they make you feel bad for it. The managers talk behind everyone’s back. They pick favorites. More than 1/2 the staff has quit. Just not a good work environment overall.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
I enjoy working at VS. I feel like my managers care about me, and that we all get along for the most part. We get gratis, it used to be a lot better before covid but i still appreciate what they give us. The company held our raises because covid which i dont like. Another problem is that if a manager doesn’t particularly like you, you might have the experience or drive to get promoted into management but they won’t let you reach your goal. Overall the girls i work with are inclusive and have integrity, doing the correct thing when others aren’t around. But in every work place there is a couple donuts aha
Pros
Inclusive, paid breaks, gratis
Cons
Not enough hours in off season, favoritism
  1. Employee Reviews