Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Newmarket, ON

Working here taught me to become more patient with customers. The environment is fun to be around, the people are also very kind. Easy to trade shifts and take extra shifts.
You never know how busy your day is gonna get so it is ideal to arrive at least 10-20 minutes beforehand so u have time to see if any promotions have changed, where you are scheduled for (on cash or the floor), break times, etc. Working for the company gives you an idealistic overlook on how retails work. It teaches you things such as how to manage time, interact with others and assist customers.
Working at Victoria Secret built my customer service skills. Taught me to upset and build relationships with customers. At the particular location i worked at, staff was not professional.
I have worked for VS for a few years. It started as an amazing place to work!! Loved every minute of my day. Lots of challenges and personal growth. In the last 5 years this company have changed for the worse. In my experience life/work balance does not exist in this company even tho its promised and encouraged. As for workplace culture: great team of people who actually care about what they are doing, but head office direction and never ending changes makes it very hard to keep positive attitude. The hardest part of working there is the drama!!! The most enjoyable part of the job is people i worked with and my customers!!! Pay rates are too low for the level of expectations they put on employees! I don't recommend working there if you are hard working focused individual!
good job to have as a part time job if youre a student. its fun and you build relationships with everyone you work with. positions/roles within the store are usually interchangeable. There is gratis per month where you get free or discounted items that are from new collections etc.
I started working at Victoria's Secret as a part time seasonal associate. I learned a lot about retail and enjoyed getting to know the ins and outs on selling. Customers were great and genuinely enjoyed and appreciated your help.
Pros
Great Employee Perks
Cons
Retail Hours - Changing Schedules
Great place to work. Management is great a is very flexible with schedules great work students or someone not able to work full time lots of perks like free bras
This was a great company to work for. They offered a lot of flexible shifts that worked with my schedule. The team was also very nice and most people were always willing to take or swap shifts. I learned a lot about the company and grew an appreciation for the work the sales people put into making your shopping experience comfortable. The workplace culture was very inclusive and I had a lot of supportive co-workers. The hardest part about the job was learning the bra types, however you became more comfortable with time. The best part of the job was the ability to try out new products that launched and the perks of free gifts we received when a new product came out. It was a great way to provide customers with personal feedback.
Pros
Free gifts
Cons
A typical day at work consists of replenishing the store folding panties, doing go-backs, and connecting with multiple costumers. Working as part time sales support generalist you have to work hard so that management notices your initiate to the store that way they give you more hours. However I found that the management do have favourites. Full time associates are treated better than part time associates. Shifts as a part time support generalist often range from 3 hour shifts to 5 hour shifts and you would be given less than 20 hours a week. Sometimes you would even be given 3 hours a week which is extremely un-easy and left me feeling hopeless and not knowing if I would be able to pay for upcoming bills.Besides inconsistent hours what I enjoyed the most working here was helping costumers on their bra journey and working together as a team with my co-workers to make the selling environment a great place to work. Another downside I would say is that management does take advantage of associates, most of the time recognition of hard work is un-seen on a constant basis which management really needs to work on to make sure every associate feels well respected throughout the store. Overall the love and support from my co-workers made me stay around for as long as I did which was the only thing that made me enjoy working at Victoria's Secret.
Pros
Buy-ins, Friendly close-knit co-workers.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, shifts getting cancelled, unsatisfactory pay.
I have learned a lot being able to work in this retail business. Connecting and selling to customers has taught me a lot, and how to deal with people walking into the store, and how to approach them. As well remaining calm when the lines get very busy at cash and there is a constant flow of customers and dealing with people that may be impatient. Hardest part of my job is closing cash and dealing with the bank deposits and money, but I work hard and make sure that I succeed. My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to sell to customers that have a very positive attitude, and are grateful they make my overall experience at work more enjoyable.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
short or few hours of work
fast paced, customer service oriented. coworkers were most helpful as they had much product knowledge. the hardest part of the job was scheduling your day around a call-in shift that would most likely not be activated yet you were instructed that you had to keep that time free for the slim chance that it would be activated.
Pros
knowledgeable coworkers
Cons
call in shifts
This job was thoroughly enjoyable. The training was highly intensive so you learned the products really fast and you learned a lot from this job. The management was a little bit too intense. They had unrealistically high expectations of sales goals without a true commission-based environment. The job would have been much more enjoyable without the harsh criticism and the feeling that management was always looking over your shoulder and judging your every move.
Pros
Perks, Friendly staff
Cons
Hours Vary, Harsh Management