Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Altoona, PA

Great training videos and concepts. Poor support and exclusive vibes from management. Poor ethics from veteran employees and management. Including but not limited to verbal disrespect especially during high stress times in retail; Black Friday, Christmas Always lack of team cohesion., exampled by veteran employees.
Very poor management. Store manager led team through fear and nothing was ever done about it because the dm was just as awful. Associates and management were always miserable because of it. Management has changed since then so not sure what its like now.
The job is fast paced and will help you loose weight because of all the walking. You have to be comfortable talking to people, and there is a lot of folding underwear, and color organization of bras.
This is a very dynamic job. Every day you are doing a different task. Sometimes, you are in the back organizing shipment; other days, you are on the floor, talking to 100 different people. A great group to work with!
As a part of working with all women, there often comes drama and a quick turn over rate. As long as your dedicated to sales, you'll be fine. however, you must make your quota and be willing to accept that you will not stop striving for more.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours fluctuation
I worked as a part time sales associate and then also as a temporary back room sales lead during the holidays. I preferred working in the back room and doing the organization. They paid well and it was a good working environment.
were not willing to work with my school schedule or family needs even though they were made aware well ahead of time...we're exceptionally rude if i was unable to stay or called off because of an exam being rescheduled...were only harsh on select employees and were horrible at scheduling
Greeted and welcomed customers as the entered the store. Helped customers finish their shopping at the cash wrap area. Assisted management in opening and closing the work days. Most enjoyable part of the job was successfully helping a customer find the right and comfort lingerie.
Pros
Customers Satisfaction
Cons
Healtcare
I loved my direct manager, Wendy. Victoria's Secret, as a company, prides themselves on details and standards so it really made me more attentive to details. I learned a lot of the organizational skills that I carry with me today from this job.
Pros
Great job perks, ongoing learning about products, advancement possible
Cons
despite being hired for only shipment/replenishment/merchandising, you sometimes get stuck fitting and assisting customers on the salesfloor.
I very much enjoyed my time here, as an employee you are treated as an equal to all staff. All of the girls at my store are extremely friendly and are easy to talk to. The managers are very personable and you honestly would not realize they are the managers unless they told you; they do the same exact work that all of the sale associates do. I have nothing bad to say about working here, there are monthly perks for the employees and this is a great place to put on your resume! The hardest part of the job for me was not spending all of my money!
I learned a great deal about customer service and retail. My co-workers and I were very motivated to make sure our store was satisfactory for each customer that came through the doors. My managers were driven individuals who were concerned about the well-being of each of their sales associates and also the success of the store. A great part-time job while also attending school for my Undergraduate degree.
Pros
Lunch breaks, fun work place
Cons
No benefits
placing product on floor for sale, floor sets, sales, customer service
i enjoyed working there in the small amount of time that i did.the one thing i did not like was the manager she was very hard and difficult to get along with