Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Auburn Hills, MI

Working at Victoria’s Secret was an overall enjoyable experience; however the management was a little uncoordinated. Rules often varied with each manager. I do believe that working in a full price Victoria’s Secret would have been a better work experience in comparison to the Victoria’s Secret outlet.
Save yourself the trouble and heartache. You'll be talked about, given unkept promises, and there will be many double standards. The stress outweighs the benefits.
Very fast paced on your toes work! There isn’t ever really a moment you find yourself still with nothing to do! Good about breaks. Understanding and willing to work if an issue rises.
The ladies I work with are super friendly and make working there fun! Fast paced work environment, flexible work schedule; good for the girls that go to school or have kids.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
The pay is all over the place, could be getting paid way less or more then a girl that does the exact same job as you.
The hardest part of the job was being able to wake up that early. My team and i were clocked in and working by 4am everyday. It was difficult to do that while working a second job and going to school.
A lot of favoritism in the work place, but not a bad place to be employed. Hours are not steady and they expect a lot for little
Pros
compensation
Cons
short breaks, hours, bad environment
Good place to work if the pay was higher. Good leaders. Learned how to open and close a sales store, plenty of opportunity to grown in company.
Everyone is so nice, welcoming, supportive, and understanding. The hardest part of my job was waking up so early. I had to be there at 4am everyday. It got hard and tiring. The management is fantastic. They are so amazingly wonderful and will help you out with just about anything, work related or personal. They take their open door policy very seriously, and it makes the work atmosphere that much better.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
The day starts too early
Pays decent and has opportunity for monthly bonuses but didn't work with a school schedule and relies on others to pick up group slack.
Management provides different resources for their team to learn the about products of which Victoria's Secret has to offer. The work environment is awesome, everyone is open to assist one another with either helping a client or having a better understand of our products. In all Victoria's Secret main focus is to provide useful information to their clients about our products, such as: the proper fit in a undergarment, key facts about a style, and making sure our clients leave with what they were looking for.
Learned how to deal with a lot of drama Management needs work Co-workers weren't supportive Most enjoyable was finding a perfect bra for a customer
This was overall a good work experience. The management team was nice and organized.
Great place to start a long term career in retail management. It can be both very trying and very rewarding. Get ready to work hard, and possibly be very frustrated. However if you can make it here, it looks good on a resume.
I learned how to have more patience working with different customers. I also learned how to work better as a team with my co-workers. I loved management they treated everyone equally , cracked jokes and made us laugh. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet all day. My co-workers were all girls they were all cool, I didn't have any problems out of them. The most enjoyable part was making money and sometimes we got free clothes out of the store as a reward. We had a 40% discount off victoria secret stores.
Victoria's Secret is a great place to work and provides many opportunities to grow within the company. I learned so much from working for this company including how to inspire the internal/external client, ensure visual standards to have a shopkeeping mentality and how to provide our clients with excellent customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job is to get the experience to see and work with so many different people. I love getting the chance to turn someones day around and provide them with an experience they will never forget. The hardest part of the job is work-life balance. It is retail which this is expected however the schedule would change weekly so it is hard to plan for appointments/family events.
At Victoria's Secret I learned the that the backroom of stores is the core of every store. If the backroom isn't running smoothly it will throw the whole store. A typical day at work consist of coming in, clocking in and heading to the backroom. I worked right under the merch floor supervisor, so my duties consist of keep the backroom together so others could easily find everything to bring out the floor to sale. I also properly and promptly processed and pushed new shipment. I also work at brand guide shifts/floorsets.