Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Boston, MA

A typical day at work would be clocking in, washing your hands, and doing a thermometer check. Once you pt your things away and grab a headset, you're ready to hit the floor. As a warm up we look at the store Ipads to look over The Hub (offers of the month) and our CSL tells us the goals of the segment/day and confirms promo updates because they change often. After you are ready to help customers in your assigned zone with an inbetween customer task such as fixing panty bar or hitting the cash register. If you are closing you have to fix the store back up and sometimes fix the whole panty bar. This is the worst during holiday time.
Pros
discount/free items, fun environment with the right people
Cons
folding ALOT of panties, forced to push the angel card, theft, part timers treated like full timers (covid), no free parking
I have worked at the company for over 3 years and loved it to begin with because of my coworkers. But once you get settled in your position you get a crazy amount of hours, especially during holiday and summer. To some that may not be bad, but they often disregard the availability you provide them and schedule you for shifts that you can't work. They expect far too much from a part time employee in terms of the hours you say you can work vs what they want you to work and what you are goaled to accomplish each shift. And management at my location has changed numerous times since I've been employed at the company and with each change came more negatives in my eyes. Overall, they are fair in pay as I make over minimum wage but that and their flexibility with my school schedule are honestly the only things that kept me around so long.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management and not listening to employees availabilty
I had so much fun while working there. I had a great employee discount. I like helping pople feel good about what they purchased from the store.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay
Under new leadership the brand is trying to evolve culture. To be more diverse and inclusive, they are making improvements in this area. Those who join the brad in the last few years note the company doesn't have heart, I would agree with this. Over the years of success they have they have created a disposable culture; in associate, product and financial measures. They have quite a bit of rebuilding to do before they are stable.Direction is always pivoting. If you thrive in an ever changing direction including results desired you would enjoy working here.
Pros
Field upper leadership gets the benefit of a car.
Cons
little appreciation for work life balance
A typical day for me was at the cash register, interacting with guests, and folding hundreds of panties. I learned negotiation and communication skills through simple and more difficult transactions. Management is cool and if you're someone who typically gets along with people, you should be fine. The hardest part of the job would probably be nasty customers from time to time, but most enjoyable would be the products and perks of VS.
left my job to work here because it had promise and opportunity. there is no work-life balance management is lazy they lack diversity, its an awful place
My store manager at Victoria's secret was very supportive. My job was secure when I took a few months off to finish my final year in college. Other managers were not supportive, some were racists that openly made illegal statements regarding specific races and religious practices. If you couldn't convince anyone to signup for a credit card that day you were shamed and made to believe your job wasn't safe. When my regular store manager left, I left.
Pros
You didn't take your work stress home
Cons
Minimum wage for maximum work, some managers seemed to not know legal hiring and firing practices, environment was very cliquey
Victoria's Secret as a company is amazing. The mission would be to help females, or any one really, feel passionate about themselves, and about life. It was fun to help ladies feel confident about themselves while picking out the most intimate clothing they could wear for themselves.
I regret not leaving VS sooner, I find that my experience ended on a sour note due to me overstaying. A lot of chaos goes on behind the scenes, my location was constently in and out of management which toke a toll on everyone. If you are experienced in retail, I'd pass up a job oppurtunity at VS.
The company doesn't care about your daily life all the want from you Is to be there from opening and closing. When you have a family problem all they said is that you have to make it to work or you will get an occurrence which mean they will give you points for not showing to work. Also, if you are working and don't feel good and you let them now that you want to go home because you don't feel good the manager won't let you go and if you leave you get points. Also if you tend to put your two weeks notice because you don't want to work there they will find an excuse to fire you before you complete your two weeks. I don't recommend no one to work for this company at all.
Management isn't too bad, dress code although is annoying, required to wear all black. hardest part is having to literally fold all panties and constantly check on them while providing customer service.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks and dress code.
Cut throat and no work life balance... managers could actually scheme to get others fired on little to no basis. Not a healthy environment and compensation very low for the expectation
I love the company and i wanna become a selling manager but i feel like they have no attentions on moving me forward even thou i been with the company for almost 4 years & i feel like depending on the managers theirs alot of favoritism. And then dont play fair with everyone .
Pros
teaches you alot, gives you good customer service skills
Cons
Lack of skills in the managers, lack of improvement in our associates skills .
refused transfer and Continuously scheduled me at times that would purposely make me late (not scheduling during my availability) . Managers were very rude.
This was a fantastic place to work. The management was great and I learned a lot of great customer service experience. I would definitely go back just for filling in.
I've worked at a few retail places and there was no stronger bond than the one I had here. The goals were sometimes difficult to achieve, especially since my college goals (this was my part time job) wasn't in the fashion world. But above everything we were encouraged to be genuine and that was so important to me. I am sad that the VS products are declining in quality- but working here made up for it.
Pros
Chic atmosphere, kind clients, consistent management
Cons
Difficult goals
This job was a great place to start off in retail. You have a great opportunity to move up in the company and the best part is they typically hire within the company. Overall good experience
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, promotion opportunity
Cons
Standing, standing, and more standing! Your measure customers and find them the best fit. you fold and hang lingerie all day. I learned how to multi-task a lot better. Management is management!
Company needs more help to understand the expectation of customer service. Big company , Small goals Was an exciting environment to work it but could be alot better manager wise
Pros
perks
If you're a bigger girl, don't even bother trying to work here. You can be as friendly as possible and the customers still look at you funny. Since it's a competitive environment, these girls will do whatever they have to do to make that sale. Even if it means stealing potential customers from others.
Great company to work for. I worked for Victoria Secrets for 3 or more years. I had fun working at the Copley Store, it was one of the best store to be. I had a great team and we worked hard but always have fun with our product and we got to meet some of the model.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
be prepare to work crazy hours including every holiday.