Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Worked in many locations.. The way the store runs is based solely on management, starting from the top. I've had great leadership and also really bad. Victoria secret is very high paced and can be extremely stressful with a noncohesive team. Work life balance does not exist
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
No real personal time without putting company and job first
Victoria secret is a Fun place to work for those who need a part time job for the season it’s really good for those who want a good retail experience
Love the diversity, and also love being able to make women feel great about themselves after shopping and the confidence they have afterwards. Victoria's Secret is just a great place to work.
Victoria’s Secret it’s a great company. I had a good time working as an assistant manager. Long retail hours however bring wear and tear on the body physically and mentally. Coworkers were great, management was pretty fair. If given the opportunity-I would definitely return to the company in management.
I love the company because of their management program! They allow women to advance and truly reward loyalty to the company I was able to transfer to another state & was highly recommended as a bra specialist
You get hours because people don’t come in pay is good and free gifts and discounts are to however hope your store has all around good management and you might get a good experience company puts customers before workers a lot of theft and can be a mentally draining job with treats and harassment of boosters but with tough skin it’s not a terrible place
It was a great experience. I had An awesome time working at Victoria’s Secret. Victoria’s Secret is a great place to work. You will learn how to connect with customers, and also great customer service skills.
It’s a good part time job. At most 25 hours. Otherwise it’s extremely stressful and the company just doesn’t operate well. The turn over rate is ridiculous which is why I do not recommend long term you will get burnt out.
Great place to work, if juggling school and work. Management is flexible with school schedule!! Wonderful discounts as an employee. Great benefits if a full time employee!
The store itself was run by fantastic management who understood all of the awful customers and situations the employees were put through day after day. My particular store had a very large issue with theft, as thousands of retail dollars left the store doors each week. The regional management was not supportive of the employees and left us out to dry most of the time. Luckily, all of the sales girls were very close and were able to work together to get through most days. We were not given enough hours by upper management of the Charlotte area, and consequently there were normally only two sales girls and one manager on the floor at all times, which grew to be very stressful given the high volume of the store. VS Blakeney is between tier 3 and 4, which saw us getting the product count for a smaller store while experiencing the customer traffic of a much larger storefront.
HR wants the company to have a fun selling culture but never gives employees time to focus on that or their team since we are never given enough payroll to do that. Then they throw more things on top. Never leaving on time and no work-life balance. Most management does not care.
Pros
40% discount for Full time
Cons
Long hours- no appreciation
I like the managers their nice and can work with your schedule so you have more flexibility and they let you sign up for additional hours if you want. We usually work together as a team. I work a good 5 1/2 or 6 hours sometime 8 1/2 and the minimum wage is great. Get a 15 minute break and/or a 30 minute break if you work longer. Can get a discount within L brands at bath and body, VS Pink, Victoria Secret, etc.
Pros
discounts, minimum wage, collaborative team, fast pace
Cons
the company really takes care of their employees, benefits as well as gratis each month. there is always room to grow as well new learning experiences with different trainings on new products
Great workplace energy, it really depends on who you work with though. They expect a lot from you especially will push you to cell the angel cards ( credit card) but it helps you become a better sales woman. Lots of employee gratis.
great place to work love the company really cares about its employees and its customers you get discounts and sometimes you can get new bras that come out for like 10 dollars it's a great way to try out the product and its easier to recommend
Cons
teen employees
Awarded monthly commission checks for excellent customer service. Trained & led team Created schedules for employees Provided customer service by recommending, selecting, and helping locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires and responding to customer inquiries and complaints. Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment. Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices Clean & organize shelves, counters, and tables.
This retail location was a great stepping stone when I first joined the workforce. I learned to sharpen my skills in communication and customer service.
This is by far my least favorite job of my adult career. the rules changed constantly, the management was in and out, and the district as a whole was typically working against each other instead of together. by the end of my time there I had a workers comp issue that required surgery and I was let go 4 days before I was scheduled to be out for surgery.
I never knew how wonderful the intimate apparel industry could be until I worked at Victoria Secret. It was a fairly stress free work environment. The daily sales quotas were very reasonable. Work assignments were easy to execute. They used to offer commission but now only offer it to higher ups and that is my only dislike so far.
Pros
Fun Environment, Pleasant Interactions, Several Rest Breaks
Cons
Not lienient on policies
I made great friends working here and loved being a part of a business that empowered women. The hours were great and the customers were enjoyable to work with.
I hated working here, the only thing that kept me going for the few months I was here was the gratis and the small few of coworkers who were bearable to get along with. Coworkers and managers were catty and petty. Too many women in one place. I was even told once that I want even allowed my 30 minute break by management, when I was there for 5 hours by that time. The other thing about that place was the pay. For a company so huge, us as sales associates were payed less than minimum wage. Just 7.47. Unacceptable.
Pros
Free gifts
Cons
Minimum breaks, working until 2am