Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Worked in many locations.. The way the store runs is based solely on management, starting from the top. I've had great leadership and also really bad. Victoria secret is very high paced and can be extremely stressful with a noncohesive team. Work life balance does not exist
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
No real personal time without putting company and job first
Working for this company has been a very rewarding experience. The ladies are very nice and they also teach the things that we need to learn. Also with the women that I work with the women that come in the store also very nice. I know that there can be that one customer or two that are not very nice but I can honestly say that even most of the customers are sweet as pie!
Each day comes with challenges and goals to be met. Will the goals always be met? No, but actively working with management and your team make all the difference on how the day is won. This job is great if you enjoy working closely and intimately with clients of all walks of life. Regardless of position, you are required to stay on top of ever changing product knowledge, floor set moves, and promotions. You problem solve fit issues, answer sometimes challenging questions, inspire clients to try new products, and create an open and comfortable environment for customers to shop. This is not a job for someone who is uncomfortable with getting close and personal with clients and those who cannot take constructive criticism from peers, management, or customers. Versatility and adaptability are great qualities to have as an associate. I would have to say the most rewarding part of my job is that I help to make women feel beautiful, confident, and empowered by the wealth of knowledge I pass onto her. As long as my clients walk out with a smile on their face, regardless of purchasing, I know that I've impacted her life in some form.
Waking up around 5am and driving to work although it was a far drive i en joyed how early i got off. And working i got to see all the new unopened items and put them away.
Pros
Being the first to get a new item
Cons
Taking trash up the shoots
I like being excited about new beauty and clothing we displayed. The coworkers were nice for the most part at first, but then were getting rude and had cliques. It was only 4 out of 7 managers that I honestly liked and enjoyed.
It wasn't a bad job, the money is not worth all the time and effort you put in. The don't give may hours and the discounts are very small. Don't expect to pay your bills with this job.
Depends on the location, but with long days, some people were not given their lunch breaks or even proper breaks. Otherwise the days were tedious, we did as we were told but I had been scolded for less makeup.
Is a great place to work at. great benefits and awesome management staff. Work schedule depends pretty much on your availability if you have more than one job.
Has potential to be a great job but they over work their employees and they do not pay their employees enough. The hours are also very crazy.
Hours aren't consistent, co workers are very friendly, the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers. Typical day at work would be very fast pace early and midday shift.
I loved working here. We were like a family. The only reason that I left was to make more income and to have more free time. This job was very time consuming and did take up almost every weekend...hard to have work life balance
A typical day of work at VS: My day would usually start at around 4:00PM and end around 11:00PM (I would always close the store) because I would work after school, and then I would check in and get on the floor. I would be folding merchandise and keeping the store neat, while at the same time tending to customers, and making sure they were satisfied. A huge part of working at VS had to do with Customer Service, everything revolved around the customer. No matter what task I was busy with, the customer always came first. The hardest part was watching for people stealing. I worked at a relatively sketchy VS and we have a no chase policy, so on top of folding merchandise and keeping the store neat, while at the same time tending to customers, and making sure they were satisfied, I had to pay extra attention to suspicious customers. The most enjoyable part was the experience I gained about sales and Customer Service.
Pros
Experience, pretty store
Cons
Short breaks, Sketchy areas
I loved working at VS however the pay was not great. I learned a lot as a cashier/sales associate. Management is great, fun, energetic, knowledgeable individuals ,I would highly recommend loving the brand FIRST. It just makes working for the company even more of an experience. I have met some of the most amazing girls/women working at VS and friends I have even today. Hardest part of the job is loving the job but getting paid so poorly. The hours are not enough. most enjoyable part is the incentives. free product during launch, ten dollar merchandise during launch, and of course the discount...
Pros
breaks, great coworkers, great brand to work for
Cons
poor wages
Working at Victoria secret helped me with learning to assist customers in a face to face setting. As well with communication skills. It also helped with assisting customers by learning their body language, when they wanted time to browse or needed assistance helping find a gift for a loved one.
I love working for this company. On a typical day I come to work with a team I enjoy being around and don't stop smiling all day. Making sure my team-members are motivated and interactive is a top priority in making the daily sales plans and gaining customers for life. Making sure merchandise is fully available is a main priority. Without the proper merchandise available, it becomes quite difficult to please every customer that comes through our doors.
very fast paced store,love working for the company. most enjoyable is store discounts.
VS had horrible management and had the worst training for the stock position I have ever seen in my life. Also most of the box times were not realistic
Pros
free bras
Cons
atmosphere
This is a company that is a good place to work depending on the people. The company as a whole is decent. They hours are decent but a person has to prove their worth before handed any responsibility. There can be some confusion if there is no communication and some managers like to micro-manage the associates. However, if there are managers that value hard work and a good attitude then its a decent company with a good product to work for. There is a lot to be learned about the lingerie industry and making sure that women are comfortable in the everyday necessities.
The sales support associates are expected to work quickly and efficiently, doing brand guides, pushing merchandise, and processing shipment in a timely manner. You clean up after the sales associates and merch everything to standard, and break a sweat doing it. Then you stop and think that the company makes more money off of one bra purchase then you do in a day and you get a little upset. Management made me many promises that they never fulfilled. I often found myself going above and beyond and then a manager taking credit for my work. Most of the management didn't have a clue as to how things were supposed to be ran. Everyone was scattered and I could only rely on one person to teach me new things. All of the girls in the store had perpetual catty drama. If you are in school and need to work 4-12 hours a week. Have at it. If you are a person in search of a career or just a job that will allow you to pay bills, then Victoria's Secret is NOT the best place to work.
Pros
gratis
Cons
low pay for hard work, drama, disrespect, managers are not on the same page
A typical day at work is never boring. Come in, review numbers and results from previous day, check store mail, head to the floor. Continue day by running segments ( two hour time period of set goals and company expectations). Conduct interviews and/or take conference calls if necessary,Everyday is challanging at my job. There is always something new that is to be done or learned.Most enjoyable part of my day would be motivating and coaching associates and being able to assist customers and helping the find what they came looking for.
I loved working for this company. The managers were great and fun to work with and they also taught me alot about the company and working for them.