Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

My experience at VS was overall okay I did feel supported by my managers; however, I almost feel like they wanted us to almost bug the customer to try and make a sale.
Pros
Supportive managers
Cons
Limited flexibility
Very unorganized management. Expect phone interviews around 9pm. No one is training you. You will learn as you go. There is no proper training to explain how to do your job effectively or what your job even is. You can expect to be there up to three (3) hours past your scheduled time which is “expected and normal” Overall a very poor working experience.
Pros
30% discount with Victoria Secret/ Pink/ Bath and Body Works
Cons
Short breaks, overextended shifts with short breaks, everything was horrible.
now i’ve worked at 3 different stores and they all have the same thing in common: you’re gonna be working harder than you’re paid for and this one is definitely front-runner.this store is all abt micromanagement. store will overwork you (horrible for students or as a 2nd job). will get in trouble for chatting (i get it. “”be professional”“ but the near-absolute No Fun policy makes the shift DRAG)since covid, there’s no sales tracking (gr8! we don’t get commission anyway no point in pushing for sales) there’s a monthly gratis so heavily discounted stuff like bras or leggings no room for growth, no benefits unless ur FT (on paper)i recommend memorial it’s side-by-side
Pros
cool location, monthly discounts
Cons
micromanagement, no benefits, overworking
Loved it here. Wonderful inclusive work environment plenty of incentives and competitions. However retail is stressful and VS is a high performer so must be on your toes at all time for all the marketing changes events and merch drops.
Pros
everything
Cons
demanding work schedle
Overall the company pay is great but the workload is very hard and the managers are terrible. They have poor communication skills and puts all of the workload on employees. Managers just stay in office all day acting busy but is just gossiping.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Treats employees terrible, horrible managers
It’s an awesome job! All the associates are welcoming and friendly. I love all the girls and how close they become. Management whatsoever is a little off. Very unorganized and dramatic
Staff is always changing and there are blackout periods during all holidays and you must work black Friday's. No work life balance for managers or sales associates.
Great work environment. Business stays busy , but working with all the different customers throughout the day is awesome! Pay was okay, hours were great.
a typical workday included preparing the store for business hours, making sure products are restocked, processing all transactions and inform all of customer promotions.
I been at Victoria Secret for 5 years on and off it’s a really good job. They are flexible with scheduling, they understand your value in your position.
second favorite place to work at and grow but also have a lot of fun but while still getting the job done and it’s a very diverse company and lets you express yourself it’s the best I wish I could work there again
working at Baybrook is fun & easy. They’re nice & flexible with hours in between schooling & the job. The job itself in easy money, if you’re willing to learn & catch on quickly. The Mangers are unprofessional; they’ll let some do whatever they please & that others get in trouble for. They act like this job is your overall priority & some expect you to dedicate your life to a job you can’t make a career out of.
Pros
easy money, nice people
Cons
horrible management
I’ve been working there for 2 years and love Victoria’s Secret In general but working there is frustrating especially when you want to move up with the company because you have to show your managers you want to move up and show them you’re so dependable for who knows how long. Sadly only offer benefits to Full Time employees. Part Time employees have to be eligible for PTO and 401k.
Great job but you work more than anything pay is great. Lost of standing. One of the most easiest places to make commission which was added into your check.
A constant fast paced store. I enjoyed the time for being a holiday associate. Customer(personally) are inconsiderate to VS employees. A very demanding and detailed position as far as organization and appearance of a store. I appreciate the new knowledge and expectations at VS in a different atmosphere from other retail stores i have worked at.
Great company, with good compensation if you’re willing to learn and put in the work. There’s a lot of training involved, though their on-boarding structure is not the best. Hands on learning is the key. Make sure to ask questions and be not afraid to fail, it’s the only way to learn.
The managers make decisions off of their emotions. If they do not like you they will make work extremely difficult. You have to nearly beg the store manager for more hours especially if they know you have bigger bills. They do not address any issues that you may bring up. The managers are very messy and will gossip about you to other managers/associates. Associates get varied pay or delayed raises. Inconsistent hours they could range from 2 hours a week to 46.
Pros
Discounts. Associates.
Cons
Manager takes advantage of new hires, They try to not give you breaks, They lie about policy constantly, harder to earn more money.
It was good working at Victoria secret, so many people were nice there but it started to fall apart when nobody cared. No one was doing their job and managers wouldn’t really approach it. I care for my jobs and push myself to work hard. I didn’t like how my managers wanted me to clean after somebody else’s mess.
Pros
discount
Bad management, only certain people make commission, they will run you into the ground working 8-10 hours a day with a 30 minute lunch, closing stores due to sales, no good perks for employees, be prepared to make this place your life there is absolutely no work life balance, forget weekends. Forced lunches they make you 1-2 hours after your shift start so you basically starve the rest of the day until your 15 min break. The worst part is no commission if you sell $5000 in a day save your energy you will still make your base pay 12-14 an hour but it’s the hard work of the employees that bring in money for them not to be rewarded in any way, they do not value any employees. U have to literally beg for a Saturday or Sunday off.
Pros
Free merchandise once a month, maybe a bra or panty
Cons
30 min breaks, slave drivers, no commission not fair to employees who sell a lot, poor management
loved working for this company and also loved the free gifts. Enjoyed working in the mall as a teenager and engaging with new people on the regular. loved the discount as well
Year since I’ve worked there. When I did work there it was an I’m company to work for store manager was racist. The distrust manager knew but lack she done was made the store manger apologize