Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Very good people great inviting team helpful and very good at helping customers. Would recommend starting as cashier. Then work in management. Good wages.
not bad first job would recommend. I gave 5 stars cause I can see a lot of people liking it there but I decided to quit so I could go somewhere that fit me better.
The company pays well and has good benefits and good values. It solely depends on what location you are in as to how much you will advance and enjoy it. Some managers are great and others look great to those above them. I enjoyed my time but worked very hard and long hours for my money. Too much pressure on staff for credit cards
I was am associate for 1.5 years? Enjoyed the company and benefits, would work there again. Only downside was early morning shifts with very little rotation
Great opportunity. Fun people. Easy job to do as a second job. Worked seasonal through the holidays. Shift would go by super quick before u knew it. Would do it again
CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Victoria's Secret is very competitive. True colors came out but I still stayed focused and met my own goals
Work-life balanceYou life is an after thought. Higher ups take holidays off and expect store manager to revolve their lives around the business when they do not schedule themselves the same way.Pay & benefitsDecent BenefitsJob security and advancementThis company promotes based in who likes you. You will not promote if you are not part of the liked crowd, regardless of performance.ManagementManagement expects a horse and pony show for visits. They love fake smiles and being told their plans are amazing even with they are mediocre. District Managers are not professional, and do not hold themselves to a high standard.CultureReally poor culture. Upper management at the regional level that doesnt take employee concerns seriously.OverallWorst employer ever. District managers for the most part have unreasonable expectations and do not have great communication. The teams deal with verbal attacks from unruly customers and VS leadership does not understand what is really happening in stores because regional managers put in a pure show when leadership visits. Local LP will tell you to recover merchandise even though the company says not to.
Highly recommended for seasonal time, good hours good pay and good discount aswell. Team is nice and generous, you have to work quickly and correctly, over all good environment.
Pros
Good pay, good hours during seasonal time.
Cons
Don’t really get hours when there isn’t any hollidays.
i absolutely hate working here. They have crazy amount of sales goals per employee. They hardly ever have hours and they hardly ever have anything in the back.
My personal experience at Victoria's Secret was not horrible, but not entirely something to brag about. The blind siding with "on call" hours, shipment processing made conflict for me not being able to find a sitter or someone to take my daughter to school, but did they care? no.
Great 4 year experience at Victoria Secret it was the most enjoyable job ive had , Employees ( Teammates) are outstanding it was like family . I grew so much with this company .
I only worked for this company briefly however I did not appreciate the lack of communication and I felt as though I was sort of just thrown into the workspace without much training. They also gave strange hours.
This company started off as a great company to work with they had excellent commission and great bonuses over the past two years there was a decline though. Which ultimately made employees unhappy with the amount of time and energy spent to secure sales with less pay with the same amount of work. There’s not a lot of room for growth only when one person quits , Or for holidays. This used to be a sought after job but now you should basically choose to work at another retailer because if you work here they require a lot of hard work , and the stress does not match the pay .
Pros
40% discount, get a small bonus usually $100-$200 monthly if the stores meets its goals
Cons
Not flexible schedule, high expectations for low pay
it was a part time job. No benefits but its a great environment to build customer service skills and overall great. A lot of people person contact so you cannot be shy.
the management sometimes picked favorites. the pay was good but the hours weren't. On non holiday months I would get 4 hours a week or none at all. you have to be willing to work weekends.
Everyday was different. Every day had a different goal, a different promotion. I learned how to talk to people . I learned about word playing. I learned alot in this job more than just selling. I learned there is such a thing as favortism as well. The best part was working with my coworkers we all got along and made sure we were getting the job done. Only compliant would be management. they never cared about what you had going on. like who cares you need a transfer and your job is an hour away now. and then get fired. meanwhile they get late and they fix it.
Pros
easy, great pay
Cons
management
This is a very upbeat place to work in you are always on the go and doing something whether it be assisting customers or helping the team replenish the store .
Pros
15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunches
This was one of my first jobs. I liked working here. Everyone was super nice and very helpful. Unfortunately wasn't there for long since we moved to a different city.
VS does a good job at advancing and promoting within the company or said store. If one is eager to learn and grow, VS does offer training and mentors (managers). Work/life balance is okay, being a visual person it's hard because things are constantly changing. Very fast paced. Need to be able to multitask.
Pros
Fast pace, great benefits, Pto, advancement, traveling opportunities
Cons
Work/life balance
The tasks assigned were flexible according to one's skill and experience at the store. No task was too small or too little; good enough to keep an employee occupied all day.
It was a decent job, feels like you're there all day which kinda sucks cz they keep you there like two extra hours even though you did your eight already