Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Since the pandemic, the company has a huge focus on their customer and little to none on their employees. They seem to create new and stricter policies for associates but will not provide great customer service for their own employees. They are highly driven by numbers and put a lot of pressure to make them. Therefore sometimes CDC guidelines of 6 feet distance are ignored and when customers come in without a mask or choose to remove them, they still need to be serviced "at a distance". The job itself is not difficult but degrading yourself to make a rude customer happy is not part of the job description and takes a toll on you mentally.
Can be over worked for the pay but flexible schedule and possibly to move up. Management I had was okay but they moved people to other locations often.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Psy
You will never get promoted if you are not the favorite no matter how hard you work. They pay great however you don’t see the light of day and work non stop. You will have no personal life.
Victoria secret on Upper East Side needs a better store manager. Managers & supervisors have poor communication. They want you doing everything at once & it’s impossible. Barely give out hours to anyone but shipping.
Pros
Pink girls get 60% any 10 items per quarter
Cons
Only get 15 mins, no hrs given
A really nice place to work if your managers are easy to get along with and understanding. It's also a very fast-paced environment, so you must remain focused at all times. However, don't let the glamour fool you, because this certainly is not a position for everyone.
Pros
Disscounts
i liked working here, it was a fast paced environment but it was a bit tasking because customers could be demanding. but their response to covid was horrible. the sales goals are unrealistic and managers could get pushy with their overselling. which can make for an uncomfortable environment for the customers. my time there was not completely terrible but you do need patience to work there between the customers and managers. i only stood for the pay.
The benefits are good however there expectation of you are both stressful and at times not humanely possible. You are expected to sell 60 bras a day and successfully sale to 4 clients per hour.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
everything else
I loved interning at Victoria's Secret. It was honestly a dream of mine and it exceeded my expectations. Everyone there is so high end and I felt important and excited to walk through the doors each day. Chase your dreams and work for Victoria's Secret because it's an experience I will never forget.
Pros
Cool events, free lunches, free starbucks, exciting opportunities
Cons
Management gets away with murder is all I will say.Managers are nasty and disgusting, very much rude towards most workers and never ever take workers needs into consideration. Very unhealthy atmosphere. Starting is okay until managers feel like they’re reading to toss you over the entire place.
Pros
Decent pay. Place to grow and learn, with amazing coworkers!
Cons
HORRIBLE management.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Victoria's Secret is very much part of the culturePay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Victoria's Secret are very generous
Work-life balanceGreat company to work at while in school. Very understanding and willing to work around your schedule. However they do have a habit of scheduling outside of availability so be mindful.Pay & benefitsPay is very good for just starting there. Certain positions pay higher but cashiers alone get a decent starting payment. A lot of free or discounted monthly items. Great employee discount.Job security and advancementIt’s not the easiest to be promoted to a new position unless your customer service and credit card application skills are superior. If you do not meet your requirements despite how well you think you’re doing your job, you position will be at risk.ManagementManagement isn’t always the best. Most managers care more about numbers verses their employees and how they are trying to get the job done. You could have a great day and if your numbers aren’t up to par, you will be spoken to about it multiple times and will need to improve it by the end of the shift.CultureVery widely accepted there. Different races, styles, genders, etc. No huge restrictions on what you can wear and how your hair should be. You can basically go to work in sweats and crocs everyday if you want to (Only in Pink) and make it very comfortable for yourself throughout the day.OverallI personally enjoyed my time at Victoria’s Secret. It wasn’t the best job due to managers and the obsession of having specific numbers with credit cards and sales but the job is worth the money, at times, and the other benefits make it not so bad. Easy job to work at, too many requirements, - more...
Work life balance was non existing in my location. Was expected to work overnights and come back the same night to close down the building. If you're someone who has a social life beware of some locations. I'm a hard and dedicated worker but those expectations are what will drive someone like me away.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
no worklife balance
There a lot of favoritism at this company. If your not part of the click, you treated like an outsider. Too many leaders and levels to have to go through to get a decision finalized. Way too many unnecessary meetings that take up the entire day and you’re left to working on actual work after hours. That take away from personal time.
Pros
Healthcare, daycare benefits
Cons
Excessive meetings
Everyone too scared they are going to get fired. They make you do all of the work and then take credit for it. All women who are petty and throw you under the bus. Point fingers. Horribly disorganized and rude.
Pros
I don't know I really don't have a review right now it was fun and exciting and having to help customers and workers I am happy to help them and be they manager and help with being a manager
Pros
Exciting
Cons
N/a
I learned a lot working as a visual associate. My direct manager is amazing. He listens to the team and tries his best to accommodate everyone. The hardest part of the job is the company doesn't really care if you have other obligations outside of the company. People who have kids and college students always have to worry about losing their jobs because management sometimes try to schedule them outside of their availability. The most enjoyable part would have to be working closely with the managers and your teammates. Always good feedback and encouragement.
Pros
discount on merchandise, fun coworkers
Cons
pay
It is great for people who enjoy structure,it can be very competitive. It is fun to work as a team and to provide a unique shopping experience for guests. The workload and traffic varies from location to location, however the level of service does not. The brand offers an elevated shopping experience so staff must be professional and presentable no matter what department they work in.
Pros
PTO Healthcare dental plan
Cons
strict policy
Workplace culture is really great at my location as there is no discrimination towards anybody. I get to work with the managers directly and learn a lot from them as well which helps me know how to assist them whenever i'm needed and i feel that i'm appreciated for that.
I had no previous experience in a corporative job. However designers were friendly and inclusive. They supported me and I worked hard to reach their expectations
VS was a good experience- all companies are, if you walk away learning a bit more about yourself. Unfortunately, this particular location had little value for their workers, which lead to an unhealthy environment and a high turnover rate.
Victoria’s Secret help you to understand retail work life , help you motivate and make good clients. It challenge you to get to the next level and understand the basics of retail business environment.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Schedule management