Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Oklahoma City, OK

You are driven to meet sales goals and expected to go out of your way to make the customer happy. I had a good experience with coworkers and management. It is a fast paced job.
There is absolutely no work-life balance. They don’t give promotions to those who work hard, instead they’re given to those who have “the right look.” They employ extremely inappropriate management, who create unsafe work environments. And lastly, they constantly threaten your jobs security.
Pros
Starting pay is $11.
Cons
No breaks, horrible management, staff bullies new people.
This will be my third job and let me tell you it isn’t easy, granted I’m only working 16 hours a week but they always have me on register when I’m there because I don’t know how to do anything else. I’ve worked there 4 times and I already dread working there. It takes a lot out of me.
A typical day involves leading a team to success through direct coaching, talent development and a driving passion for customer experience. I have learned how to coach to different learning styles, turn a business culture around and build a team of successors. The hardest part is the retail hours, having to be flexible to work any day of the week, at any time.
Pros
Merchandise Discount, Caring Company, Aggressive Pay, Benefits, Retirement
Cons
Work-life/Balance
Working here was fun and very laid back. Everyday was a busy day, so time flew by. The staff there was unbelievable and fantastic! Super flexible when it came to hours and the pay was pretty good.
Many of the workers would be very rude when I first started and I was in training. They think that after you start you should know everything. I admit that I did learn some things about selling. There was a day were I worked over 8 hours and only got a 15 minute break. If you work over 7 hours you have to take a 30 minute break. There were many nights that I didn't get out on time. They would make things harder than it would have to be. They want things done their way which is understandable but if you know a way to get it done quicker, do it. Management was annoying. They like to make it seem like they are nice but they actually don't care about you as long as you are there to work. Had to call in one day due to a family emergency and they tried to make me feel bad for not coming in. Saying that I was putting the store in jeopardy. They have enough people working to cover you. Basically, they pay is good but not worth the drama that you may go through.
Victoria secret gives back just as much as they receive, they help not just within but helping communities and helping women, Victoria secret helps impower people.
Typical morning shifts included restocking everything before the store opened and making sure it was organized and clean. I enjoyed working here with the nice coworkers. The hardest part about this job was when we had huge sales going on, working long hours with only one 15 minute break. Other then that I enjoyed it here.
Pros
Co workers and Company made it enjoyable to work here
Cons
Long hours with hardly a 30 min break
It’s fun to work at as long as you don’t show up even a minute late. They count you off for that. Customers can be very demanding. Management can be difficult to get a hold of. And clicks form fast with this type of enivorment.
Pros
Discounted clothes
Cons
Work long hours with little to no guidance
I was grateful for the 5 years I spent with the brand and it gave me so much skill in running and merchandising a business. The time commitment is good to work with if you have no other obligations. I have a busy schedule outside of work and it took up a lot of my time. I finally reached the point of needing to do what's best for ME and my stress levels, so I stepped away,
Pros
Great place to build a career
Cons
As associate hours may not be guranteed
In the facts of just keeping it short and sweet, we had a manager but she stepped down cause of personal things and lets just say the lady they brought in to replace her was a racist, hateful and very catty women. :)
Pros
discount and all the other staff
Cons
the current manager.
Company that focused on the customer rapport so I learned how to talk to people. Offered amazing gratis and incentives to perform your best! Management and associate had high turn over rate
• Supports the Store Leadership Team in sourcing candidates leveraging social media, outreach tools within the store/mall, and career fairs and events • Reviews applications to verify availability, work history, and other staffing requirements and completes initial screening • Coordinates candidate interviewing process with hiring managers
The management was great, and there's always room to move forward! I loved working there, but it was only a seasonal second job and so after the season was over I moved on.
Pros
Gratis: free bras, and beauty products
Cons
crazy hours
This is a job for a high school student or college student, not a place for career advancement. Management was unwilling to provide additional work hours for those that requested them. Breaks were too short and hourly rate wasn't worth the lack of full-time work status.
Pros
I don't remember to much about this place. They were nice. Not really professional. Could use better uniforms in place. Love the customers. Other than that they were ok
I assisted in helping customers in sales, wardrobe, creating displays for sales. To maintain a positive outlook all the time and enjoy ensuring customer service. The hardest part of the job was leaving for another opportunity. The most enjoyable part of my job was my team that I worked with and customers daily.
Pros
Discounts and free merchandise when new products came in.
Cons
No benefits were offered
You will get to understand and get to know your customer and what they like and excpect from the company and yourself. Always keep a positive attitude even when a customer doesn't want help. Customers love a fun and positive attuidtude when interacting when greeting them
Pros
Gratis
Great job to stay interactive with customers, positive feed back, and opportunity to make money by selling product you love. Love being around exciting and positive personalities.
Pros
opportunitiy, communication
Cons
Not a lot of hours during slow seasons
I loved working for Victoria's Secret. I worked there part-time for 5 years prior to going full-time. I had the best co-workers and was a great work environment. The hardest part of the job was constant mangerial changes. You would get used to a manager and they would be gone. I learned about how the business was run from a managerial standpoint. I loved helping others.
Pros
Buy ins.
Cons
breaks could be short or none at all at times.
I learned how to be a manager because of Victoria's Secret. Great company to work for. I loved the brand and the people I worked with.