Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Santa Monica, CA

passionate team who is in it to win it. lots of knowledge to gain for an associate to a manager. the company provides many tools to give you answers. con about this job is work life balance. company has not figured out how to support this.
A typical day at work would be pretty easy, just making sure everything was neatly in place. Working here helped me learn how to work well with other since it was my first job.
Pros
Got paid well
Cons
Too far
I worked at the Santa Monica Locatiob and it was busy busy busy. Paychecks are fat. The managers are amazing here. I wish I worked here longer but I had to go back to college. Highly recommend
This place was very fun to work in. it taught me how to deal with costumers face to face and how to control a heated situation. Being organized is a must here.
I miss working here. I quit to pursue Mediator Law Group. HUGE MISTAKE I thought until I worked at Consumer Attorney Marketing Group. ! I miss everyone and everything about this store. I want to go back to Victoria’s Secret 😭
You are expected as a sales associate to sell a certain amount per hour on average in order to keep your job, I left the company after it became commission-based and working every day became a competition and fellow employees became to difficult to work with.
I day on the the job was fun and hard working keeping the store together and meeting new people everyday and working with my sales associates trying to reach the goal of the day
Pros
free bras
Cons
panty tables
Long hours, especially during closing time. Wouldn’t leave until 12-1am most nights. Management was overall pleasant and cared about their food employees for the most part.
Commissions effected the relationship with workers. It created a hostile work environment and cause a lot of stressed. It tool focus away from doing whats best for the customer to all about the money.
Fun workplace, fun environment, room for advancement,meeting with a lot of customers, exciting products,good location and nice city, lots to learn always, management positions, coworkers friendly and nice, different shifts available,prettey store, worked at flagship location, employee discounts available, different products
the culture of the company is amazing from my experience. it's all about self love and being sexy andconfident, but also working together as a team. i never played sports growing up but i can only imagine this is what it felt like.
Pros
great perks, lots of free of discounted goodies
Cons
hours suck, cleaning sucks
I wished I would have enjoyed working here, but my experience was quite dreadful. It felt too stressful as soon as you walked into the place, because everybody was expected to meet a really high sales quota.
Victoria's Secret is a great place to work. Management has a HUGE impact on the culture and environment of the store and how it operates. If the management doesn't work together or know how to do things, the whole team suffers
It's a great and diverse workplace to be in. I've been with the company for 2 years, and was able to learn a lot, such as cashier, selling, and customer service.
Worked as a team member in sales at the store. Helped customers find what they looking for. Helped open and close the store as well as helped with inventory. Made sales and made customers for life. Organized place settings and helped clean up. (Transferable Skills) Worked the front of the store greeting customers. (People Skills) Got the chance to explore the sales world and how to make money for the company; every day we had a goal of how much money we as a sales group want to reach. It helped me with my Transferable Skills, Personal Skills and my Sales Skills.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Requires a lot of attention and time
VSS has core values that they live by and it is reflected in that work efforts that is placed in the job. The core values can also be used outside of work, which makes it enjoyable atmosphere and easy to do your job!
i will say that the customer service experience were ones i did not encounter before so i did learn many things from it. however the management was very unorganized as fars as scheduling. i did not get enough hours. the store was always busy and fast paced so i was never bored.
Pros
customer service learning experience
Cons
bad time scheduling
love the intimate connection with customers not very good with balancing social life with work hours. must work holidays
not good in management . people are friendly dont offer full time job to many manager in one day .slow in promoting people for advancement. offer employee discount. not alot of different race
Pros
discounts
Cons
not a full time job
When I worked at Victoria secret even though I was a cashier I still had to help people find bras and under wear. I would have to deal with all different types of people, and sizes. Some girls would be shy and didnt know what exactly to get, so I would try to get them to feel comfortable with me. I always wanted to make sure the customer felt like a family member that way they would always come back.
Pros
working for the company, the pay, the costumer service I picked up there.
Cons
I liked everything about the company. It was a great experience!
I worked at the old Victoria Secret inside the newly renovated Santa Monica Place Mall. My time there was brilliant. I have no complaints.
Pros
enjoyable team memebers
Cons
my hours weren't that great, i didn't have a lot of them.