Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Scottsdale, AZ

Victoria's Secret is a great company to live and learn. Starting in a role having drive, customer experience top of mind, and self motivation will allow to grow your career.
Pros
Pay, benefits, leadership growth, discount
Cons
Worklife balance, expectations vs time allowed
I loved working here with my coworkers, and enjoyed my job. The employee discount was good and gave great holiday hours. Although, management is what made me quit ultimately because it became hostile. The management (especially higher up the scale) is extremely hostile and inappropriate with how they handle their anger and emotions. Also they tried to get me to work over 40 hours a week and tried to move around my hours (as a part time employee)... so not okay. Do not work at any of the locations around AZ because you will most likely face the same problem due to one of the district managers ability to frazzle store managers.
They are a good company but really bad management, don't give enough hours. Fun working there after awhile it got a little hard because of the pressure of credit card sign ups
I loved working at Victoria's secret, when I could. I liked the fast paced environment and all the lovely ladies that I worked with. However, I had very flexible hours and was willing to work whenever was needed, and I worked 2, maybe three days in the span of 2 weeks. Management were super nice and helped in anyway they could. Recommended first job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
It was a great place to work, but you can find better. It was super unorganized and management was very poor. I think that most parts of the job were extremely boring and the "managers" were NOT trained properly.
Pros
Clean
I would have to wake up 4/5am every morning and sometimes do over nights. I worked in shipment, customer service, inventory, and also worked on the floor. I chose this because I thought that I would like it since I loved the stores, but retail is definitely not my thing and would rather have a job that I am really interested in and also would help me in the future.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Day to day tasks were laid out clearly. Management not focused on customer service but making sales only, no understanding for different sales types. Micromanagement was intense.
Pros
discounts
Cons
managment
Company provided outside hires with excellent leadership and the tools to succeed. Was able to learn in a positive upbeat environment with support and determination.
Not very fun, very demanding. Typical retail store that only cares about creating profits and will do anything to make money. Treat most employees like trash.
Great company to work for to develop skills sets that translate into many other industries outside of retail. Everything done as an employee at Victoria's Secret revolves around the customer and customer retention. Customer service is the #1 priority. Great experience and a great company to advance in.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Victoria's Secret?
I started here for my first job and the learning was different. You had to do online training and take the teachings from the video straight to the selling floor.
Used to love my job, the commission and pay was amazing, and the people where even better. But recently they've been going in a different direction, and it's not a good one for its store employees. While the atmosphere is the same, they're expecting us to do even more work with less pay... and who wants to be a part of that?
Pros
coworkers, gratis
Cons
healthcare, hours
A typical day at work was exciting, fun, upbeat and energizing. I learned that customers come in many shapes and sizes, All customers are to be treated with superior customer service no matter how they look or what i think they should look like. You never know who your customer will be. MY coworkers were sooo fun, happy, positive, no drama and very professional. The hardest part of the job folding all the panties after a sale. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers choose something special for their honeymoon.
Pros
Working togather as a team/discounts
Cons
low pay
I absolutely love my job, I love the people I work with. My job has taught me a lot about leadership skills and customer service. The experience has been humbling in many aspects and it has taught me a lot about people. Working here, I have found that I love helping people. I love making people feel confident in a product they have purchased. I have learned the importance of product knowledge, and the value of marketing yourself in a manor that will help sell the product in conjunction. (Appearance is everything.) I have worked with many different personality types, and It has blessed me with a tremendous growth in my people skills. I have learned so much about the value of making a difference in someones day, and I truly believe that it can be accomplished in anything you do. I have learned outstanding leadership skills, and it has also taught me a lot about working as a team. (all in, we win). The hardest part would have to be the 8 hour shifts for the amount of money you earn. It can be exhausting. The most enjoyable part is meeting the different clients on a day to day basis; I get to connect with so many different types of women every single day, and I ask them lifestyle questions which helps me grow in many ways while i'm also learning about what they like and how I may benefit them in some way with my knowledge. (Making compelling recommendations)
Pros
Monthly Incentives, Monthly Gratis
Cons
low income
As a stock associate you must be available at very odd hours. The work is very labor intensive and the pay is fair. The people that work there are very friendly and good at working in teams.
I loved working with the PINK team, but i felt like management should have been a little better. There was no motivation from the managers to help improve sales and there were favorites. Some days were a lot better than others but I love the over all company and experience while I was working there.
The girls really work well together and are extremely helpful. Management works hard to help everyone meet quotas and bring up company sales.
I did love it here and even friends that worked her once I left even tell me about it. Yes we leave in heat so its very hot during the summer but still it was fun to be here. They only offer part time temporary jobs however. which is a shame I believe. I would have stayed if I could.
A typical day at Victoria's Secret was like you were helping your friends find what they needed in the store it was a lot of fun. I learned that customer services is HUGE. My co-workers were the best, I meet good people there.
Pros
Free Bras
Cons
Pay
Great management and scheduling within facility. Enjoyable workflow and crew!
I would usually greet customers throughout the day and help customers find clothes. I would help with sizes and make recomendations for them when it comes to what look they are trying to achieve. I also let people know about any specials that we have going on in the store. During the time that I worked was around christmas time so it was very crowded. I had to work cashiering most of the time and also perform returns. The people that I worked with, some were friendly and some were not so friendly to me because I was only a seasonal worker. The hardest part of my job was working till late at night folding every piece of underwear. The management was good , they were very organized and they were always friendly with me.
Pros
flexable scheduling
Cons
working till late, being very crowded