Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Seattle, WA

Fun place to work while in high school and throughout college. A lot of folding and recovering the store, staying after closing time for over an hour each night
Pros
30-50% discount, free or heavily discounted items each month
Cons
Crazy hours, rude customers, on feet all day
I got my first job here and was super excited when I first started working here. However they taught us to racially profile and always assume someone of a different race was going to steal. I almost always got stuck ringing up people instead of helping people on the floor which is what I expressed interest in. My coworkers were great people and we stayed in touch after I left but I didn't enjoy the job and was happy to leave
Never had such a terrible retail environment. No work/life balance Very catty and competitive environment Management is harsh and selfish Pay is good, benefits are good. Still not worth it.
I was there for almost 3 years and every year it just got crazier and crazier. When I first started, Seattle didn't have the same labor laws as they do now. I would work hours without any break and when I finally was able to take my 30 min. lunch I would have only 20 mins or so left of my shift. They would make me stay late just to take my lunch! Management would yell at the employees in front of everyone, doesn't matter if there are customers around or not. There was so much wrong with this company its unbelievable! It's a fine second job or if you want to work there seasonal but definitely not a smart career choice.
Pros
offer predictability pay discount a lot of free stuff
Cons
to many things to write
On a typical day Victoria secret pink is very fast paced. I was the bra fitting specialist there and absolutely enjoyed my role however i was unhappy because the job was not contributing to my career goals as a business owner. The management can be very poor from time to time but your coworkers make the job worth it. The Victoria secret/Pink culture holds you accountable to their Values! They do not treat you as just a regular employee! they have amazing benefits and really show you that they care from a company perspective. They have flexible schedules and can accommodate any schooling, they're big on that too! The hardest part of that job is juggling different customer personalities. since Pink is very fast paced you're dealing with a lot of people at once. The most enjoyable part is the fashion you're surrounded by. Pink is so innovative on their designs and what they choose to release. Overall Pink is a great store.
Pros
Benefits, Pay/ compensation, Discounts on all pink, Victoria secret, bath and body works merch.
Cons
Management needs work.
Depends on if you get along with the people working. I recommend trying to get to know your employees. when I was working there the management was bad they judged you and had favorites. They were quick to step with things and very competitive.
Pros
starbucks
Cons
short breaks, rude teamates
Hourly turned hourly-plus-commission. Depending on your management, the sales culture is prone to building a negative colleague/comrade culture. Sales is the ultimate priority, often, over genuinely helping the customer.
Great team of people who not only have great intentions but also great personalities. We manage our customers thro a larger store passing them of to the person that can best fulfil the customers needs
Pros
Free product
Cons
Short shifts
On a typical day at work, I am running clothes back on the floor, recovering clothes on the floor and ringing in customers. I have learned that Retail is not as easy as I thought it was gonna be but it also is not that hard either. Management is on top of everything and is very helpful with me in learning a new trait of work. The hardest part of the job was getting down the register, but, I eventually figured it out. I really enjoy working in women's attire and I have definitely learned a lot about the stores products.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Its temporary
Great place to work at, fun and nice atmosphere, team oriented. Gives you a great feeling to be a part of a big and successful company with long history.
A typical day working at Victoria Secret was constant folding/hanging up clothes. Helping customers with anything they need. Handling store shipments in the back with my bosses.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Depending on your store, if it's popular it can be quite demanding but still a great place to work. Most enjoyable thing is the team work that is included.
crazy work/life requirements management positions are hard to get and when you get them, the schedules are crazy hard to be able to balance life with work
Fun place to work and worked with wonderful people. Just wish there were health benefits and better hours and not so much favoritism. Recieving free stuff was a plus working this company.
Pros
Free stuff
Cons
Lazy people and favoritism
Long and busy work days Management was strict Coworkers were polite and friendly Learned organizational strategies when moving the products
many managers late to work not given mandatory breaks catty dramatic environment preferential treatment work far above pay grade high turnover discount on merchandise
Pros
learned management resposibility
Cons
not given breaks, poor
The environment was always upbeat ant they allowed for us to receive free products.
every employee in a retail setting can drastically imoact sales and customer experience while doing their job. I played a vital role while working sales support.
I didn't really like the management here. Meetings could be shorter and straight to the point. The training session took 6 hours of watching video clips and some may think there are better things to do than listening to repetitive clips about being sexy, glamorous and superficial beauty.
Pros
free bra samples and lotion samples
Cons
bad hours and useless meetings
the overall business model at VS was smart and well organized. it was a proven way to make the stores successful as long as the management teams could do all the overtime expected. There was no life balance. It was hard to keep sales associates loyal to the brand when it was clear there were no incentives for them to stay with the company if there were no open management positions. The sales associates were scheduled as all part timers, which made it difficult to keep them for more than a few months when they needed to make a higher income.
Pros
lots of recognition for good work, good bonus structure
Cons
no work life balance, hard to keep good people