Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Waterford, CT

I enjoyed my time with the company. I loved all the incentives they had and was a competitive pay for being a retail job. This store was run better than other retail stores I have worked for.
Everyone is fighting for hours. If you haven’t been there for a long time you get about 5 hours every two weeks. And even employees that have been with the company are looking at a similar schedule to that. Definitely a whole lot of favoritism. I am more than competent with my selling ability although never was given the opportunity to make those goals since was always put on the register. They will have no issue with canceling your shift due to over staffing with little to no notice beforehand. Overall wasn’t given opportunity at all. First day was thanksgiving with 1 hr of training which was a scavenger hunt where I learned nothing. Luckily I am a quick learner so figuring how to use the register on the first shift was a breeze.
Pros
Lots of days off
Cons
Fighting for hours, Inadequate training, shift cuts right before your shift, even employee discount is garbage.
Overall I had a pretty good experience working there seasonal winter position. I stayed busy in the time went by fast and I generally try and love the products they sell.
room for improvement co-workers become family close knit supportive team bonuses competitive exciting always learning something new track goals and sales
1) Typical Day: Selling on the floor, fittings, Manage floor and direct sales. Sales Updates from computer. Clean, count register/ cashier. 2) Developed leader/management skills. 3) Environment is upbeat and fun. Love the staff. Very fast pace at times. Keeps you moving. 4) Hardest part: Balance. Schedule different every week. Peak times get extremely business. 5) Most enjoyable part of my job is the customers I help and make happy. I also enjoy my co-workers and our team relationship at work.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Upbeat, Great Brand and Discounts, Environment is friendly and motivated.
Cons
Inconsistent schedule, work on Thanksgiving evening, Extremely busy at peak times.
- Lead the team through tasking, merchandise prep, floor sets, backroom organization and understanding work load's importance - Time played an important part - Motivate team - Develop team
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Lack of Communication
I loved the team mates I worked with but I needed a more busy workplace. Some days were just so slow. I also disliked the call in for your shift. You were guarantee 2 days a week but it may only be for a few hours a day, but then other days were call ins. Which are 2 hours before your shift you call in to see if your needed for that day. Waste of time seeing if you're needed to work and no guarantee you will get your hours for the week.