Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Brand Manager

Good place to work when you have a good team to work with. The company has a tendency to make last minute changes a lot which can be extremely stressful. At times there isn't much of a work-life balance, it would be hard to leave on time. In all I felt like I learned a lot and made some long lasting friendships.
The work here was great and the company really cares for its employees. Upon closing during March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company extended out pay to April 2020. There were many opportunities for bonuses. Gratis benefits were a plus, who doesn't love extra money and free stuff? Requests for time off were easy to put in and were almost always approved.The mission behind VIctoria's Secret is to ensure that everybody feels beautiful and inclusion is a top priority in the company. The goal is to provide a comfortable shopping experience for any person who walks in the door. I really miss working for this company. If it weren't for a permanent store closure, I would still be working there because I loved the work, the company, and my coworkers.
Pros
Gratis, bonuses, flexible schedule, opportunity to advance, benefits unlikely found elsewhere
Cons
Benefits not available for seasonal/temp
Terrible management, horrible hours, and expect way more than what you are actually paid to do in your job description/what you were hired to do. District managers and store managers treat you like a number as to a human being. You rarely will receive a raise due to your review being based off of your store’s performance as a whole versus your individual performance, so you are screwed if you have a manager who doesn’t care (which I did for 5 years). Overall, just a terrible company who only cares about money and not the people making the money for them.
Pros
Some discounted items but not much compared to what it used to be
Cons
Management is terrible, hours are awful with nights and weekends, suppose to get 15 minute breaks which you won’t get, paid way less than what you actually do
its a high performance culture. you will learn a lot about running a business and leadership, failure to deliver kpi's is not acceptable. When I worked there it was a retail bootcamp all about efficiency, i personally loved the structure.
Pros
team was awesome, hardworking and inspiring.
Cons
Long hours in a high volume store.
I started this job at the bottom and worked my way up to a manger position. Most of my work was easy and not too high on stress when you have good staff and strong management. A very enjoyable job for someone who doesn’t have too many responsibilities if you are just an employee. As a manger it truly opened my eyes to how corrupt corporate was and I have had many former employees report and nothing change. Once I got a promotion my store manger had relocated and the new manager was the reason I left. Truth of favoritism and awarding fakness. Was very rude and unfair to employees. I was the first to leave and soon after a month almost everyone had quit. My advice is before you lock down on the job ask the employees they most of the time are truthful.
Pros
Room to move up, good breaks, good pay, great employees
Cons
Corrupt corporate & some management, stressful holiday hours, most likely to relocate you
Most of the days I regret getting a job here, but then I try to remind myself that it is a learning experience. There is no work life balance and the company does not care for you. Sure benefits are great, but what good does that do if they work you like a dog on a day to day basis, sucking the life out of you? Sometimes it feels inhumane. You will also never be good enough for the company, no matter what you do. They expect you to be perfect robots. God forbid if you do not complete everything you have to do (perfectly) during your shift. Also, district and regional managers are rude, not helpful, and never provide a pleasant visit. Poor communication throughout the company in general. Overall, this job has drained me physically, emotionally, and mentally.
Pros
Discount, pay, learning experience
Cons
No work life balance, poor communication
Company as a whole was great to work for, excellent pay scale, brand & cross brand discount of 40%, medical & dental plans available as well as a 401 plan to full time associates and management positions.Cons:Horrible upper management, no work life balance, favoritism and continuous back stabbing from store management.I relocated to several stores within the district to advance myself to a store manager level. I was utilized as an acting store manager on many occasions and never once was given the positions. Instead lower qualified management who could not deliver results were put into these available positions and later termed out for unprofessionalism or theft.Career growth was next to none, it was not what you know but who you know within the inland empire district.
Pros
Excellent benefits and compensation
Cons
No work life balance in Mgmt and continuous back stabbing amongst
Every location is different, some stores grow and excel faster than others. Its a good work place but you have to pick and choose your battle just like any other job
Pros
Great Insurance plans
Cons
no consistency
This is a job for the driven. Huge opportunity for growth and advancement as long as you are willing to put in the work. Offered various tools for training to guide you along self taught modules. Be prepared to work extended shifts especially during holiday and sale times.
I have been with the company for 5 years now. At first it was very fulfilling but now the company is very unorganized. They promote work life balance but expect you to drop everything to work. The company does not care about their employees, they have unrealistic expectations. The discount and relationships you form with your coworkers are the ONLY perks about working here.
I was in loved with the company. Now I’m so disappointed where the company is going & how they value the management team. Associates are getting paid more than managers. Been in management they expect 150% & us knowing that our associates are making more an hr than management is heart breaking.
Cons
No work life balance
I really loved the customer engagement opportunities and ability to move up with the company!! In 8 years I worked as a PT Pink Sales Associate, a PT Selling Supervisor, a FT Sales and Support Generalist, a FT Selling Supervisor, Merchandising Manager, and a PINK Brand Manager.As with every job there were hard days and a lack of flexibility getting a good work/life balance going during holiday, especially when moving up to management level. However, the top-tier management team was amazing at engaging associates and celebrating wins, which lead to me wanting to be at work every day. I'd probably still be working there if I hadn't been handed a severance package when they closed 250+ stores this summer without keeping those management teams on.
Pros
plenty of breaks, great training, competitive pay & benefits
Cons
Holiday season work/life balance
To work for Victoria's Secret, you must have customer service & retail experience. Flexible hours is mandatory as are thr ability to work nights, weekends & holidays.
I started working for VS as just a new employee on the back room with less than 20 hours a week. Fast forward 5 years and I had excelled and moved rapidly up the ladder to Assistant store Manger/ Brand Operations Manager. It was an incredible journey that I loved. My heart was heavy when I learned corporate had decided to close our store. The atmosphere, the employees, our customers all contributed to a warm family feel and I will forever be grateful for the opportunity I was given to work there.
Pros
Excellent pay, good work/ family balance.
Cons
Non to speak of for myself.
I loved working there. The staff were amazing, very welcoming considering all female work-place. Good company benefits and educational side of world. Dive deep into selling techniques which I have found very useful in my career and life outside of work. Very grateful for all opportunities received from this company.
Amazing environment and team to work with, but the demands coming from home office on a daily bases creates a hard work life balance. You need to have the availability to be really flexible. Your days will consist of 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift hours, as well as going off on your days off. Overall, it's an incredible place to grow within the retail world, and they do not discriminate base on your education, just your passion for growth!
Horrible place to work . Bottom line stay clear of this place!!!No work life balance ... rude upper management constantly changing floor and little time to complete changes.
Amazing benefits. Hands down the best. Also the most stressful place in the world. Employees and managers are quite literally just a number and they will work you to death.
Benefits
Cons
Culture, company, management
A huge factor is if you have a family you may have a difficult time balancing work and life. Because there are many changes within the company it requires your full attention.
I worked just about every position on the store level from seasonal to management Be prepared to be micro managed. No support from upper management or district manager, or HR, great place if your perfect and fit the brand idea of a perfect woman. A ton or extra politics and the company values are a joke they do not treat people fairly at all. Be prepared to be overworked, come in at 4am or work till 2am. Theft is out of control yet the company treats its associates like criminals and the criminals like customers
Pros
Decent pay and vacation time if your full time
Cons
Too many to list
Company provided good work experience and core values. Current state of financials is causing chaos that affects work life balance and well being of employees.