Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Lead Associate

Working as a lead sales associate allowed me the opportunity to acquire sales and marketing skills as well as management skills. I was able to learn how to properly lead my peers and train based on their styles.
It was a great experience. I had An awesome time working at Victoria’s Secret. Victoria’s Secret is a great place to work. You will learn how to connect with customers, and also great customer service skills.
fu company great work environment, a lot of free giveaways, flexible hours, understanding management. fun team, different day to day task, very fast paced.
Working as a cashier for over 9 years at Victoria's Secret has given me excellent communication skills. I use what I learn dealing with customers on a daily basis at my full time job. People ask how I am able to give such great customer service and keep a smile, I say, I've had tons of practice.
Pros
Customer Service, Discount, Flexable Hours
Cons
Not having enough hours if sales aren't met
Typically it was a wonderful job. I had two promotions and three raises in two years. I loved my job until management changed. The staff slowly started being fired, and girls from other locations started coming in. the managers were rude and unprofessional a majority of the time. Even when we contacted corporate nothing changed so who stayed eventually quit
Pros
Gratis', opportunities for promotions and raises
Cons
short breaks and terrible management
the management is terrible beginning with the district manager. she is rude and inconsiderate. this is a company that does not remain consistent with their policies.
I enjoyed working for Victoria's Secret. At the time they just didnt pay enough. I worked with the company for six years and recieved amazing gratis and benefits for working with the company.
A typical day at work consist of greeting customers, informing them of the up to date sales, opening up store credit cards for them and explaining the card benefits, provide free bra-fittings and keeping the cash wrap area clean as well as taking all transactions. The managers and the co-workers were always bubbly and had a lot of personality despite the day. The hardest part of the job is finding the need behind the need with the customer but with a quick conversation that becomes easy. The most enjoyable part is connecting with the customers on a level that when they come back to shop they want you specifically to help service them.
Pros
fun laid back environment
Cons
short breaks, pay
Typically i was the strongest employee at this job. Bra-fittings, reconciling the register, credit-card applications, and sales. Management at this job were not the most understanding, but i still strived to do my very best. Hardest part of the job was how demanding the environment would become. Most enjoyable part was the atmosphere.
Pros
Grew strong in my skills
Cons
management was not properly trained
Fast-paced work environment. I learned a lot of discipline from management and how to be a more effective leader. The brand is held to a high standard. Very customer service oriented. Managers hold employees to high expectations and help them achieve daily sales goals.
Pros
Gratis, diverse co-workers, ambitious management team
Cons
Short breaks, floor-sets
I worked at VS when I was in college and I created life long friends! The bond you create with your coworkers extends outside of the work environment. Great experience, great company!
Pros
fun, comfortable work place
Cons
hours are based off mall hours
• Greeted customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs • Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, balancing cash drawers • Maintained knowledge of current sales, promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges • Compute sales price, total purchases, receive and process cash, and credit payment • Maintained and update office inventory list • Assured all other employees followed company polices
Pros
Product knowledge
Cons
Pay Rate.
one of my first jobs . learned everything about retail here one of the best stores too work at .the vs brand is known all over the world . company always made sure you knew what you were sell by giving to you free bras and products. miss these place and the people who i worked with.
A typical day at VS involves greeting, and helping customers. I am usually behind the cash register so my main job is to check the customers out. I make sure they enjoyed their shopping experience and that they were properly informed of the deals and specials taking place in the store. My favorite part of the job is being able to increase customer knowledge on our brand and what it means. The management is very easy to talk to, and they are very helpful with any questions I ever have. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers, I dislike when I am unable to do something to make my customer happy.
A day at work is catering to the customers in every need they needed. Measured and assisted customers with products. Answered and gave information on the product. Let customers know about any specials and sales our store had. Changed any displays that needed to be done for the day. Made sure that the store was presentable. Trained new employees all day and assisted category manager if needed. Meet goals that needed to be meet. I loved working with everyone and customers. It wasn't always easy satisfying every customer but always did my best to help in any possible way.
Shifts vary from team to team, usually consisted of 3-6 hours with and oncall extending to 8. Responsible for helping customers, providing accurate bra fittings, restocking the store when appropriate, adhering to the brand standard. Victoria Secret is full of product information and has a solid brand standard that keeps people buying. Working for this brand has shown me how to use peoples strengths in training them and placing them on an appropriate team. Management was disorganized and often let personal life interfere with the business. Non professional. Co-workers were great, all about the same age and ability level. Hardest part of the job was the disorganization of the schedule and the dreaded oncalls, you might work 3 hours or you could work 8. Depending on traffic and workload. It was hard to deal with that. Loved getting to know the brand and the expansive knowledge on bra fittings and intimate apparel.
Pros
Good associate discount
Cons
short breaks, disorganized managament, inconsistant scheduling
At Victoria's Secret I learned the that the backroom of stores is the core of every store. If the backroom isn't running smoothly it will throw the whole store. A typical day at work consist of coming in, clocking in and heading to the backroom. I worked right under the merch floor supervisor, so my duties consist of keep the backroom together so others could easily find everything to bring out the floor to sale. I also properly and promptly processed and pushed new shipment. I also work at brand guide shifts/floorsets.
I loved working at Victorias Secret because my managers were extremely understanding and flexible with the fact that at the time I was a full time student. The pay and the hours that they alloted me weekly were so condusive to my life and schedule that I was beyond happy when working there. They made me feel as though I had a purpose, and I truly was the specialist in my department which i think only propelled my work ethic. In working there I was definitely able to branch outward or even move upward within the company, but at the time I wasnt able to make school and work balance out because finals had made it so that i could barely work the holiday season. I unfortunately made the sacrifice to give up my position to do well in school, and to ultimately not let down the company in one of the most important times of the year.
Great place to work, if your looking for a repute company that offers room for growth, or just in search for the next stepping stone, Victorias Secret Herald Square is the place to be.
Pros
performance incentives.
Cons
short breaks.
Victoria's secret is a really cool place to work and learn great customer service skills.
Pros
free bras. good discount
Cons
not all managers know how to manage.