Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Manager

I really enjoyed the store I worked at. Great management team, we were more like a family. Location I worked at closed due to store closures during covid.
Pros
Great benefits, close group
Cons
Lots of changes
Have insane expectations. Have to stand outside at extreme weather conditions to greet customers during the pandemic. This company is about numbers. They do not care about their employees. Over the past couple of years, tenured employees who have been with the company has resigned or been fired. Company morales are no longer the same.
Pros
Store discount also at cross brand stores.
Cons
Pop up visits from corporate, coaching insult associates. Favoritism among store managers and district managers
Save yourself the trouble and heartache. You'll be talked about, given unkept promises, and there will be many double standards. The stress outweighs the benefits.
If you love the brand, and love selling, then this place is for you! Everyone has sales goals, and your ability to meet or beat your goals will determine how much you work if you're part-time, or if you'll get promoted if you're full-time. Work-life balance is subpar. Be prepared to be called in at any time, or have your schedule changed on a dime. If you do not have family in the area, the holidays are lonely because you cannot take any time off from early November to mid-January. If your store is successful, and beats monthly sales goals, your paychecks will be very healthy.
People typically get promoted based on how well they get along with upper management vs. how well they perform in their job. For this reason job security becomes an every day stressor. Under or tight head count causes people to have to work longer hours and be spread to thin, thus creating errors or unnecessary stress. Upper Management puts a great deal of stress on managers/individual contributors to "pick up the slack" of their inability to properly plan. It is not a sustainable environment to work in for many. This is sometimes offset by the high salaries, friends that one makes in the work place and what used to be a first in class brand to be a part of.
No work life balance for mangers , task load is never ending and extremely difficult to complete while managing a selling floor experience. Understaffed and asking managers to run on 1:1 coverage and still have business growth year over year with out the proper support in place to get everything done. AsAn upper manager you are micro managed and reprimanded if you cannot complete all tasks even if you try your best to pick and choose what has the most impact on your business.
Pros
Gratis, teamMembers become family, strong visual merchandising tools
Cons
Work life balance, plays favorites with promotions.
Good work place has its ups and down but overall more associate engagement is needed. There is not enough involvement amongst workers coming together
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Short breaks
When I first started here it was pretty good job. Great pay. After a few years with the company you realize you don’t get paid enough for the things you endure everyday between customers and employees (management included). Some people work at Victoria secret because of the product VS working there to actually help customers and make their day. I had to leave due to management. The head manager would gossip and start unnecessary drama with associates and other higher ups. It became high school all over again. My store location closed permanently due to COVID
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Job security and drama filled
Lots of turnover. Disorganized. Priorities always changing from corporate. Fake atmosphere. They are not shy about overtime so you are able to make good money at times.
Work life balance was non existing in my location. Was expected to work overnights and come back the same night to close down the building. If you're someone who has a social life beware of some locations. I'm a hard and dedicated worker but those expectations are what will drive someone like me away.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
no worklife balance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Victoria's Secret?
I have worked here for 6 years, I've moved up the ladder pretty quickly but with the way the company is struggling I see no further chances to grow. I feel my job is not secure anymore, and it is time to take my experience and knowledge from this position somewhere else. I also wish it were possible for there to be a set schedule for a better work life balance.
Pros
Fun, good learning experience
Cons
no set schedule, weekends & holidays required
Higher Management does not care about staff. Strict dress code. Lacks communication. Ruth would Blame staff for not being trained and expected them to go in their free time to get trained when staff was already working Over 40 hours a week and company could not afford overtime.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Over worked. No training for managers. Ruth is a horrible boss.
My favorite job out of all the places I’ve worked. Friendly environment with people more my age. All my co workers had a sense of humor and we always found ways to turn a bad day into a good day!
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Short breaks
Overall enjoyed my time at VS, I learned a lot of skills that helped me with future careers. Biggest con for me was rarely leaving at the time you are scheduled to leave. Especially if you are a closer.
Culture in Atlanta West is horrible. Favoritism, racism and poor environment created by District Manager. Consistent harassment and unsafe work environment
Pros
The brand values
Cons
Division and unfair culture
This is a great company. They pay a living wage to their employees and if you work hard there are plenty chances for advancement. My experience has been a positive one with training, schedules and management
Pros
Great pay, flexibility in schedules
Cons
If you start during the holiday, it is crazy and not much training can be done.
There was always something to improve or change based on company, product and customer needs. I was constantly learning new ways to merchandise product and provide the best customer experience.
Every day we show up with a curious mindset, ready to take on any challenge. Beginning of each shift I review all business metrics. Our culture is centered around coaching and Developing our peers and Direct reports. The Trust and rapport built between managers and Associates make this a great place to work. Every shift is challenging, keeping it interesting and easy to stay engaged. The Hardest Part of our Job would be the ability to overcome upset customers. All tools to are available at our expense to present the customer with courtesy and respect. Resolving any and all issues.
Pros
benefits, competitive pay, Relation ships easily built with peers
Cons
work life balance, fixed schedules
They prioritize work-life balance but its not an actual thing. I was full time and did not even get my full hours 32-40 hours But still got 5 days. Management is supposed to get their schedule 1 month in advanced and it changes A LOT. Cooperate always changes floorsets. Management does not collect sick hours, if you get sick(or whatever aside from getting in trouble) you do not get paid or can use your pto
Pros
150 PTO hour for full time
Cons
PTO does not run over, black out dates
Very little praise or recognition for achievements. Everything outside of initial training period is trial and error, scolded for decision making yet no guidance is given. Certain managers abuse authority of their title and when voiced to senior leadership, nothing is done. Complaints seem to be only heard to "appease" the compliant. Absolutely no balance in shift rotations...when needing time off, made to work 8-9 straight before another day off.
The company is very structured and constantly improving. At times it can feel like there are a lot of changes happening quickly but it is truly because the company cares and listens to its customers and employees.