Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Merchandising Associate

Victoria's Secret offered a fun and glamorous work environment. I met a lot of my best friends working there, and I learned that I love to make women feel confident. I was a very good visual merchandiser and sales person and was not allowed the advancement that I felt was warranted because I was too young and not taken seriously at my store.
Pros
Gratis, Free stuff, discounts
Cons
Management, Organization
Great if you enjoy environment and love your customers, awful for time allowed doing this, number of staff and grouchy management. I loved being able to really assist customers, however with limited staff and poor management, time was extremely stressful and limited. If you made a mistake, it was not treated with compassionate resolve but anger and irritation.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short breaks, management
Trainings on iPad totally mislead for what it’s really like especially for a new employee. Those trainings leave a new employee charged and ready to go yet nervous because of all the things to rem that all play important role in the true “VS” experience. It’s close to being one of the worse employment experiences I have ever had. It was a relief to know others felt the same but horrible to realize nothing will be done. I have never experienced mgmt being rude, ill equipped, oblivious to helping,disregard for running a shift properly as I have experienced here in my short time.
typical day is very short, we are working at a fast pace to get everything done . i learned how to cashier on my own . I the hardest part from this job is not having certain products for the customers once they are hooked in by us . The most enjoyable things is being able to talk to everyone and helping them find something they love.
Pros
working early hours before store opening
Cons
no AC during the hours the store is closed, very little hours
Great work environment. Everyone is super friendly and very helpful. The managers are easy to talk to and are easy to find. Employees are taken care of.
i wish they had set hours so it is easier to juggle school and work and still make a living. other than that the company is amazing it uplifts people and has amazing fashion sense.
Pros
amazing team work, clean, and organized
Cons
sometimes forgets the loyalty to older employees
They have poor management that treats people like anything and think it is ok because they give you a discounts. Not flexible if you have a life outside of work.
PINK was one of the best companies I have worked for. They are very very good to their employees and treat them very well. You always feel very importanbt there and that you are a huge contribution. The management is amazing as well as all of the staff, you feel like a team! The days were really fun, helping customers, changing the store around, inventory, doing stock. It was a great place to work at.
Set up of advertising signs and displays of merchandise on shelves, counters and tables to attract customers and promote sales. Stocked shelves, racks, cases, and tables with new or transferred merchandise. Cleaned display cases, shelves and aisles. Requisitioned merchandise from suppliers based on available space, merchandise on hand, customer demand, or advertised specials. Stamped, attached and changed price tags on merchandise, referring to price list. Packed customers purchases in bags or cartons.
I enjoyed my time at VS before I had to go back to school. The people who I worked with there were very helpful and friendly.
I worked here for only one year because the position was temporary. The work environment was good. Everyone was very friendly and on Friday volunteers would bring in breakfast for the department.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Workload
I was hired on as seasonal help during the holidays. Co-workers were good, management was ok, after Christmas I was let go due to season ending.
I really enjoyed working at Victoria's Secret. My Co-workers had a Great team work ethic.
It's a fun and exciting environment but hardly enough to support the cost of living unless you start heading towards management.