Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Operations Supervisor

Used the best of my abilities, yet there was a lack of support from corporate. That is not the type of company I take pride in working for. All I can do is my best and that did not seem to be enough considering the circumstances.
Like any other retail job there’s not a whole lot of work life balance, I don’t think you are paid fairly for the amount of physical work and hours you put in, especially during the holiday time.
Easy and fun job! A good place to work for because of the discounts and gratis you get! They don’t pay much at all, but you meet so many great people!
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Not a lot of moneh
● Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Victoria's Secret is pretty much non-existent if you’re full-time. You can take your PTO and whatnot, but due to how much you work, you’re probably sleeping for most if it.● Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Victoria's Secret are decent. Benefits are arguably the best as far as retail (or really any job) goes, but for the amount of time spent, work performed, and cost of the product you’re selling, I feel pay is a bit low.● Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Victoria's Secret, I think it is pretty great. If you’re a hard worker, willing to learn and can take constructive feedback, you’ll get hours and be given opportunities to advance.● ManagementIn general, managers at Victoria's Secret are close. They literally know each other locally, regionally, nationally, internationally. But as they are people, they come with their own sets of morals, biases, judgements, leadership styles and overall experience.● CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Victoria's Secret strongly depends on leadership within the store. I’ve worked in highly analytical stores where numbers and operations are top priority (besides the customer of course); and I’ve worked in team-oriented stores where building rapport with each and growing a VS family leads to success on the sales floor. I’ve also worked in stores where leadership doesn’t care and it’s reflective in the team dynamics. Given the right leadership style for you, the team can be incredibly supportive and fun!● OverallMy experience working at Victoria's Secret is - more...
I loved working for this company, has a lot of opportunities, good managers! Of course there’ll be people that complain about them but if you just go and work hard and mind your own business you’ll enjoy your time there.
Pros
Good work environment, Good culture, Very respectful, Profesional
Cons
A typical day started around 5 am, with shipment processing and cleaning of the store. The store was rarely cleaned the night before due to lazy management. None of the managers took pride in the store and would always leave it filthy. Gum, fries, and drinks were always found around the store. Nevermind the organization because there was none, always under scheduled and begged associates to stay last minute. Most of the time you are treated as the store managers slave to do everything she doesn't want to do, which is just about everything. She just sat in the office most of the time. Other managers tried to "COACH" each other but it was mostly just telling you that you either aren't meeting credit goals or you aren't jumping down every customers throat as they want you to.
Pros
Cons
benefits, long days
Victoria’s Secret is a good place for retail experience as you will learn quickly in this fast paced environment. You have the opportunity to absorb a lot of good knowledge for future experiences
This is fast fashion. You work in a fast paced environment with very clear sales goals, both individually and as a team. Room for advancement if you work hard and drive results.
Its an awesome place to be it was like my 2nd family the environment is wonderful place to work when I left it was one of the most difficult things to do
You can move up if you are willing to sacrifice having a social life. Management will prioritize anyone who has open availability because of last minute scheduling issues.
Pros
Open availability
Cons
Strict hours
you pretty much stay past your scheduled time because the companies timed deadlines are unrealistic for shipment. People steal so frequently yet they expect you to still customer service them in a nicely matter. Once you become part of the management/supervisor area you pretty much can’t take any sick days at least at my store we really couldn’t because there was NO coverage and if you did management would talk bad. Job is “part time” but still schedule you 30-up to 47 hrs a week. When you set availability for days off they reject them because other managers haven’t had the weekend off and therefore you have to cancel the plans you already made? Doesn’t make sense. Don’t move up if you don’t want to feel forced to stay.
Everything is great! I don’t get benefits, managers have to average 30 hours a week and I was just under because I’m part time. Overall it is a wonderful place to work.
Benefits as a full time manager are definitely great, as a part time employee there can be the benefit of PTO. There is a lot of uncertainty from higher ups who continually change up coaching methods to the point of annoyance both to employees and customers.
Loved to work in the AM, would receive shipment & plan out different floor sets to ensure our customers had a great shopping experience. Fellow co-workers helped me become a better supervisor & gave great ideas to help prepare for big presentations
Pros
Positive Energy, Flexibility, great work ethic, always will to push myself & others to grown with company
Cons
Loss of income, uncertainty
management has a big impact on the work environment. Had issues with management for awhile but now have an amazing SM who makes work fun and worth going.
I love working for Victoria’s Secret/Pink. The benefits are great, even for part time employees. The discount and gratis is amazing. The company really cares about what you have to say and your opinions on products and customer relations! The management in the NJ area was rough promotions only happened because of being liked not because of qualifications! Also almost no training was happening which resulted in a messy workplace and drama. I would gladly return to the company in a different district.
I have loved my time with VS. The pay and benefits are great. The only potential negative is the long hours expected of managers affecting work/life balance.
Victoria's Secret PINK has been very flexible with my school schedule throughout the years that I have been working at the company. On a typical day as a Brand Operations Supervisor you are leading the sales floor for a few hours as the Customer Sales Lead (CSL), supporting the sales floor for your peers, leading the processing of shipment, and performing operational tasks (i.e. daily business reviews, store weekly focus and reviewing applications of applicants). It is more difficult to move up to corporate level in Canada, especially considering the fact that you will likely have to relocate to the US to do so. The company is extremely generous with its employee's discounts and benefits. Over the years I have learned a lot. I started working here as a shy, timid 20 year old. I am much more confident in myself, my speaking, my conflict resolutions and my capabilities as a leader.
Pros
Generous gratis and discount
Cons
Hard to move to corporate level in Canada, must be willing to relocate
My experience was: "Everyone is replaceable" so if you didn't show up for your job and go above and beyond (for the too-low of pay they give), it was likely you would lose your job based solely on "under performing". Their standards are high but they need to pay their employees more to make that kind of long-hour, thight deadline worth the stress. Sure you get a discount as an employee, but that doesn't pay my bills.
Pros
High Discount, somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
No work/life balance, willing to over work people, exploits employees' availability to work
This job was fast paced, had high standards when it came to both sales and merchandising, good compensation and opportunity to grow if you put in the effort. It did require a lot of time and effort, though. The work/life balance could be stretched thin, requiring you to work 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd shift. It is a very demanding, but fulfilling job.
For it being retail there is not much work/life balance. Although Sunday’s are reduced hours for the store being open to business, there are off hours that need to be worked as well. It is hard to balance a social life with this work schedule. It is highly recommend for a part time job while in college! It is an amazing company to work for, although it is a rocky work/life balance.