Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

I have worked with victorias secret fthat 5 years and for the first few years never had a problem until new management took over. I got demoted, pay was taken away, and i was given a new position. Pay is good everyone starts at $10 an hour. Sometime we work over night 9pm to 6am which is horrible. Sonetimes were given free stuff put lately the company is being cheap. We also get team bonus, if we meet last years goal and exceed we get an extra 1-3 dollars for every hour depending on sales. Discount for employees is 30% on all product except sale
Pros
Free stuff, discount, good pay
Cons
Bad management, no benefits, no vacation time, overnight shifts
Never get recognized at this job. Managers are rude and very selfish, never helps workers. Very stressful job and work environment. Toxic place to be around.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Never appreciated
The training was rushed and on a small tablet device and I felt unable to learn all the necessary information for the position. They did not have any resources to take home with you to help withthe training and management was not very helpful in the regard of questions after training. Training lasted one day.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, employee discount, encouraging selling atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, Overnight shifts were tough
Victoria secret is a Fun place to work for those who need a part time job for the season it’s really good for those who want a good retail experience
The Victoria Secret environment is fun and fast-paced. The team is all females to make customers feel comfortable with shopping and ordering within the store. As well as fitting rooms when they are open. The ability to see a woman bloom like a flower in confidence is the bonus of the work and environment. We change lives one at a time with beauty and confidence for women around us.
There was one manager there that was very rude and disrespectful to most of the new hires. Most of the other managers were nice but very snappy and would get disrespectful with you if you asked simple questions. Was giving no clear work times and always was pressured to sell their angel cards. Managers often blamed new hires of morning shifts disorganized shelves during the evening shift. Horrible experience, never wanted to quit a job as fast as this one in my life.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Horrible management
I love my coworkers, managers are supportive and understanding, especially if emergencies come up, but the pay is sub par with other jobs in the area and benefits are basically non existent. There is no appreciation from the corporate level and no one feels valued by anyone higher than the store manager.
Pros
Great people to work with, store discount
Cons
Low pay, work/life balance very difficult
I enjoyed working there but the promotions and changes of prices and sales was very hard to keep up with! The pay was very low with no commission option.
I was there for the holiday season and it was a good experience but I couldn't be there long term. it was not a welcoming job and I felt as though I would never succeed or move up from where I was.
Employees made me feel at home. Loved feeling good about myself and having confidence at work. The vibe was amazing, and I always felt happy when I would go into work.
Management was great. They were super helpful and worked with you when you had questions or needed time off. Decent hours and easy work. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
Not only do you make genuine connections with different customers every day, those genuine connections are there daily with your other coworkers! Never have I been in such a supportive environment
It was not all that great.the people who work there r haters n not really friendly. The associates and workers are very competitive. Always gotta sale
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay way little.
Victoria's secret was a great place to work and build on my customer service skills. The management team was very helpful and there was a good training programme in place.
i love my job and i love the physical attributes of my role The people are really friendly and were like a family! i enjoy the environment and all of the different challanges that i take on
Everybody supports each other; easy to understand your duty, because managers are very attentive and patient, while explaining tasks and work details. All employees are always here for you to help and explain specific of job.
Working in Victoria’s Secret is a unique fun and intimate , especially for first timers who get to fulfill the Goddess within them and gives them levels of variety they can experience and love and be satisfied with there merchandise
I’ve always enjoyed working in Victoria secret, it’s amazing to know different sizes and also seeing different styles in fashion. So much woman admires Victoria secret because of the brands and styles they bring out for many different sizes in woman’s.
I loved the other associates and working with them. They were extremely flexible about scheduling, but you can’t trust management! Mangers are messy, cause drama, and spread lies. You end up getting stressed out when it’s not even worth it.
The management overall sucks! Especially in taking account of people who decide they’re “managers”. Most of the people that have worked there are just snobby and rude. I really disliked working there.
They were very proficient in trying to train me to work the register and also helping customers with any problems that they had walking into the store.