Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

I only worked here as a temp but actually got my contract ended earlier than I thought without any notice, so I was a bit taken back as I then had no income.Most of the staff members were friendly but also it is very cliquey which I didn't get along with. you have to wear an ear piece so you tend to get nagged quite a lot to do tasks in your ear, so was quite stressful.
Pros
very good pay and good discount
Cons
stressful environment
You will learn to go above and beyond in your role.The culture is unsettling.Management and team is yet to understand the power of owning their role.
Pros
Freebies every month
Cons
It was a very fast paced environment and a very busy store. During the holidays it can get very stressful and standing about and talking was not an option but management was still very nice.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
poor management fun coworkers competitive clean place management expected you to go above and beyond what you were qualified to do. management had a poor attitude towards floor staff
Can be a great place to work but as a seller you will have your sales targets barked down your ear every half hour which creates competition which can get b*tchy. If you're BOH you do regular night shifts which are exhausting. You will also still be expected to hit sales targets even if you're in stockroom all day. Good benefits but work/life balance is hard due to very stressful days.
Perfect store to work for if your first job as you get first hand faced-paced, demanding and enjoyable customer service experience! However - can be extremely competitive with sales and also a bit clique. But would definitely recommend for a first time job.
Pros
Great for retail experience, gain a lot of essential product knowledge and benefits around seasonal times (also great pay)
Cons
Very long hours, can be competitive and sometimes very clique with colleagues.
They don’t pay you your full pay They log in the wrong hours Only 4 hours of works per week available sometimes Wouldn’t recommend anyone working here Unsociable colleagues
Horrible managers, racist, don’t care about the staff. They believe that you have to be a size 2 to worm for them. Especially Bond street, they have no empathy and a very high turn over on recruitment
I worked here as a sales assistant over the festive season and had the absolute worst time. It started off well, some staff introduced themselves but as the weeks went on, i was made to feel insecure and useless. Mangers would waste time standing about the shop floor gossiping about the other girls to other sales assistants and managers. The way they treated each other not to mention the way some of them talked about customers in fitting rooms is not what victoria’s secret should be about. I overheard staff talking about me and would see girls rolling their eyes at me without any real reason. Out of however many staff there is working there, 3 of them were actually nice and respectful towards me. Completely ruined my confidence and made me feel completely empty. Hope this issue is resolved.
Pros
Good pay, Really good benefits
Cons
Unprofessional, Bullying
I enjoyed working at Victoria secrets it was probably the best job I had ever received. The staff is amazing and so welcoming I felt a part of the company within the first shift. The hours were appropriate especially for my busy university schedule.
very fun lace to work. a lot of work perks such as free underwear and body sprays. very very completive witin sales though. sales are tracked hourly if the customer forgets you name, you miss out on the sale to your name
Good pay and 30/40% discount, however hours were extremely long, I was on a 4 hour contract but would work between 24-40 hours each week, and managers were not supportive to most staff- had clear favourites
Pros
Good discount and pay
Cons
Long hours, management
I was only a Christmas temp but I felt so welcome and felt as though I had known all the people working there for years. It was fast paced with customers and you are put in the deep end but it’s not uncomfortable at all. You have a radio so if you ever need anyone’s assistance or need to ask any questions there is always someone on the other end of the radio.
Very high paced except when it's not - but then you have to do lots of recovery. Management isn't great (nice but bossy, critical and sometimes useless) but they help you learn a lot and there's opportunities for advancement if you try/ask. Learnt a lot and people were nice but individual KPIs lead to dirty tactics and super competitiveness which wasn't fun and extremely stressful.
Not as bougie as I thought it would be. Some off the staff were rude but it was such a great experience working there. Loved it so much met wonderful people there . The training is very fast tho so if you want to work there there you have to be on top of your game
Stressful, constantly on your feet so they hurt a lot, tiring and sometimes boring But the management is great and everyone is super nice, good level of competition between sales staff to actively try and sell to customers So in general experience was ehh
Lovely place to work! People there are lovely and if you like the brand what’s better than being surrounded by it at work. Nice bit of competition as well.
I would highly recommend working at Victoria's Secret. The work in environment is very friendly and everyone is very helpful and there is a great support system.
If I could give a 0 star rating I would, the work ethic at Victoria Secret Pink is disgusting! No personal sick days off (have to provide a doctors note even for one day off), my uni open days were rejected despite giving over a months notice, management would shout at employees in front of customers or down the radio. Favouritism also played a big part on who was treat well. Very unprofessional work environment and constant cases of managers or CSLs abusing their power. Would not recommend to anyone.
The company are friendly, though fast passed and slightly bossy. The team are super friendly, but behind the scenes the management are friendlier to hour face than behind your back.
I learnt a lot about customer service, how to help customers with any questions they had or any complaints, I learnt how to pick up signals and work in different styles for my costumer.