Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 2,818 reviews matching the search
My work is fine i like to provide quality service to the customer. The company is nice too. I just need to improve myself to builfd my future. I want to dicover myself more and also to experience more.
The official said that the youth of youth and Humanities had a great opportunity to help with a positive and social impact on social security and Humanities social opportunities and social opportunities to build a social security number of Communications.
It was one of my first sale jobs and my team was amazing. I really made some good friends there and enjoyed coming to work. You didn’t really get a raise no matter how long you were there and they stopped doing commission
The work is stressful but it Is amazing! Colleagues are fun and we can all relate. everyone got on together. Competitive to when it comes to sales. Different, more comfortable environment
Good: discounts. Good job for students or a lax 2nd job. Bad: not enough hours to support yourself financially; they did this thing called "on call shifts" where you'd be scheduled, but an hour before your shift you'd have to call and check to see if they needed you to come in for realzies, which at least occasionally means you're spending the day waiting to see if you'd have to work or can make plans
Pros
Discounts, product knowledge and occasionally you'll get a free promo item or scent
Cons
No opportunity to advance, management favoritism and inexperienced immature management choices
There was a lot of disrespect from some of the girls who worked there. They always picked on me. Managers cared for looks and wanted you to wear makeup and nail polish.Only for $11 an hour. As an introvert, I found myself to be ashamed of my personality. Also, they tried to convince me to stay when I found a better opportunity. Not worth it.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
4-6 hour shifts
They don’t pay you enough for all the work they want you to do. There is always someone stealing and they’d want you to place your life on the line just to save there merchandise instead of just calling the cops and letting them deal with them. Some of the managers are rude and don’t care. Over all the employees at one point were amazing while i was there after I’m not sure when happen.
Pros
Not enough pay
Cons
Victoria's Secret is a great job. They trained you really well and the music and environment is super great! Working ovethere is super nice experience!!
Pros
Great management, employee discount, Free stuff every month. They make you feel like family.
Cons
Not much hours during the week
Working at Victoria’s Secret was the worst job ever. You work full time hours but don’t get full time benefits. During my time there, we would spend at LEAST 3 hours recovering the store after the mall closed. Avoid this company like the plague
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, no overtime, hectic, disorganized
If you love folding panties for 2 hours past closing, then this job is for you. If you don't care about how you get treated by the managers, this job is the one for you.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, disrespect by managers.
It was a decent job for additional money/the discount, but would be a struggle if you were dependant on this job for sole income. Had an awful on-call scheduling practice and hours varied greatly week to week
Can be over worked for the pay but flexible schedule and possibly to move up. Management I had was okay but they moved people to other locations often.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Psy
Love working at Victoria’s Secret but definitely wish the pay was better. Scheduling is flexible and the discount/monthly benefits is awesome! The only bad thing is constantly having to connect with customers even if they don’t want to be helped. Other than that I would definitely recommend working at VS especially for a first job!
Pros
Breaks, monthly discount, store discount, fun
Cons
Customers
Don’t work here it’s the worst management I’ve ever experienced. You get no benefits and never move up. They are horrible with scheduling and following your availability as well.
I was over the moon to get to be invited to work at the flagship store on Bond St in London’s West End. The store is stunning and I felt proud to work there. But the problems began from the day I started. Managers and floor leaders were kept quitting suddenly putting other staff in charge who were not qualified in managing, resulting in not receiving the proper training. There was so much to learn and it was expected of you to know it all immediately. There was constantly bullying and telling off and you are made to feel dumb or inadequate, to the point where you break and are constantly upset . The shifts can be scheduled morning, noon or night I was getting home midnight sometimes. So be prepared for all hours. As gorgeous as the store is I decided to leave after 4 months. No job is worth that much misery.
Pros
Beautiful store and products
Cons
Militant
The company is very fast pace. In my store we do more than one task at a time pretty often. Like most retail positions there are no set hours. Fixing panty tables are pretty challenging along with setting up for semi annual sales. There is also a lot of petty theft that occurs, however the company says the brand is more important than the merchandise so you are expected to watch people steal.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours
The managers were not the nicest. I was not pleased with my work environment due to the pettiness of the employees but the pay was reasonable for a sales associate.
Enjoyed working at this job. Very fun. Loved the energy while working here. The girls were fun. There was fun ways to reach our goals. Great job just sucks if you’re seasonal and want to stay bc they usually don’t keep you
I enjoyed my time with the company. I loved all the incentives they had and was a competitive pay for being a retail job. This store was run better than other retail stores I have worked for.
Everyone is fighting for hours. If you haven’t been there for a long time you get about 5 hours every two weeks. And even employees that have been with the company are looking at a similar schedule to that. Definitely a whole lot of favoritism. I am more than competent with my selling ability although never was given the opportunity to make those goals since was always put on the register. They will have no issue with canceling your shift due to over staffing with little to no notice beforehand. Overall wasn’t given opportunity at all. First day was thanksgiving with 1 hr of training which was a scavenger hunt where I learned nothing. Luckily I am a quick learner so figuring how to use the register on the first shift was a breeze.
Pros
Lots of days off
Cons
Fighting for hours, Inadequate training, shift cuts right before your shift, even employee discount is garbage.
Was great working there! The management at the store I worked at was great. The corporate management was in a great flux so things were not good and our store closed because of corporate.