Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Sales Specialist

Every job is labour-consuming of course but working at Victoria Secret requires a lot. You should work as hard as you can especially when it's not busy but you learn a lot, I learned a great costumer service, patience, feeling of satisfaction when you open an angel card and the management announces that and this makes you happy and proud of yourself. Sadly, since every associate has to engage every single costumer in the store I never got to talk to them to get to know them closely but everyone is really nice and that makes you feel comfortable at work. I would say that every job has its good and bad sides unless you find the right one according your profession. In my opinion, the hardest part was when the management was kind of forcing us to tell the costumers our names so that they would give our names at the register, because for me working with the costumers is a joy and I want them to feel that but whenever you tell them your name it feels like you were nice with them just to get a credit. And compensation is nothing comparing to the hard work that every person does in the store. But of course the most enjoyable part of the job were the little benefits and the events going on in the store like having the DJs or makeup artists. That was so much fun! In general working at Victoria Secret Store is a great experience because you learn a lot and I would say that every Sales Specialist or a person who wants to work in that sphere has to go through that.
Pros
free perfume and discount.
Cons
compensation
I enjoyed my time there working many different positions. Management was good to you if you worked hard. Had high turnover similar to other retail jobs. You have to be comfortable with approaching people.
Pros
Fun coworkers, free product
Cons
Pay
I loved working here! I was hired in as seasonal help and was asked to stay part time after seasonal ended. I was bumped up to a sales specialist and made a small commission off of my sales. The pay was good for a PT job. After finding a FT job, I kept the job for awhile for extra money. I enjoyed working with the customers and seeing all the new merchandise. Store manager was very supportive if she saw you were a hard worker.
Pros
Good pay, overall treated good by management
Cons
One very rude manager, some young, rude co-workers
Fun place to work while in high school and throughout college. A lot of folding and recovering the store, staying after closing time for over an hour each night
Pros
30-50% discount, free or heavily discounted items each month
Cons
Crazy hours, rude customers, on feet all day
You work your shift and then managers never let you leave on time because they want you to do more. You end up doing jobs that you should be getting paid way more for. Of course there is always a select few of managers who actually care for their employees but most don’t care, it’s all about the money to them.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Underpaid
Fun environment, lots of work and very sales based but if you can get a hang of it then you will succeed and have a good time. Management makes or breaks the experiences.
There is quite a bit of room for improvement looking at it from the bottom up. Corporate has a lot to learn in terms of taking care of the people who work the hardest. Store level is amazing with a great team that's like family. work life balance is hard- but it's retail!
Pros
discounted merchandise
Cons
you will work every weekend and evening
This job is perfect who love a challenge and competition. Multi silliness helps in fashion world. Is a bit like leap of faith and how to dressed to success. Your personal testimony help you to build your shop experience. Work as a personal advisor to customer are nice and tough same way. You have to like it.
Pros
attractive staff discount
Cons
Stressful environment
Fast paced work environment , short lunch break , they can over work you ( not give you enough breaks or legally mandated breaks sometimes you really have to push to get them . Very regulated work space which is good . Staff meetings a few times a year.
Victoria Secret is no walk in the park but comes with SO many perks. It is a very detail oriented job and multi-tasking is a must! I worked there for 8 years and worked myself up the chain. Ensuring a good relationship with leadership and DM’s is very helpful.
This is an amazing place to work, especially for a first job. Benefits are really good and they pay a lot more than most stores! Management was always super helpful, associate’s were also helpful. Overall, this was such a fun place to work. It can be hard to advance in your job, though. There aren’t always full time spots but if you have the availability they will push to get you more hours! Work to life balance can be hard due to call ins.
Pros
Pay/benefits, coworkers, management, discounts/gratis
Cons
Call in shifts, work/life balance
I'm in love with this company and I wish I could have stayed longer. The girls are incredible friends and it's so much fun. My favorite was selling bras for Pink in Santa Clarita! I was juggling this job and my dental assistant job so sadly it was hard to stay. The managers always lifted me and were proud of my accomplishments. I will forever hold good memories with the girls and such an amazing company. Xoxo SummerAngel
Excellent on-site training for bra anatomy and figure problem-solving. Competitive sales, coaching to increase sales reach. Separate monthly individual training.
there was competition like crazy, sales being taken, bizarre metrics that had to be made every hour. Not to mention women clashing heads every now and then. The pay, bonus, promotions, and employee discounts retain you though!
Loved this job. Great hours and flexibility. You need to move quick and always think on your feet. Customers can be rough but you get used to it. Discount was great as well!
Being able to work in a diversed environment & culture while assisting tourists and locals in fast pace environment. There's room for growth in the business.
At the location I worked at the managers were terrible at the time. They only had full time positions available to management and select favorite employees. Schedules fluctuated too much and shifts would be taken away and given to favorites. Gratis was great and productive knowledge was imperative to job. Coworkers and managers were caddy and there was always drama for the year and a half I worked there. Wasn’t worth the hassle.
I’ve operated in every position except the store operator & the jobs are easy. The pay is ok. Maybe it’s a you pay for what you get job 🤷‍♀️ The managers are a whole other ball park Dont even get me started
Pros
Product knowledge training
Cons
Bad management
Coming from regular retail where an employee starts and ends with a customer, this environment is different. The customer gets passed off to several employees to make various sales. There is the front of store brand ambassador that welcomes customer to store gives recommendations on sales and bra fits. Then customer is brought to back to receive bra fit by another associate to only Go back to sales floor once again 🙁
Managers are unwilling to work to give you more hours if needed. Not as understanding as you would hope if situations come up that are out of your control.
Described quality and merchandise benefits to customers. Received and processed cash and credit payments for in-store purchases. Opened and closed the store including: Counting cash and completed deposits. Opened and closed cash registers. Created staff assignments. Placed special merchandise orders for customers. Shared product knowledge with customers while making personal recommendations. Demonstrated that customers come first by serving them with a sense of urgency. Maintained friendly and professional customer interactions. Worked as team to provide the highest level of service to customers. Verified that all merchandising standards were maintained on a daily basis.