Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Sales Support Representative

Management. Management. Management. Although the job itself was quite enjoyable, management couldn't care less of what was going on with you as a person. As long as you were generating sales and maintaining your SPAH, you were doing the bare minimum. Some employees work off commission and cheat their way into having sales. It's more so a competitive environment in Victoria's Secret than Pink but is completely unnecessary, while some are fighting for sales (quite literally and in front of costumers), majority of us were only being paid hourly.
Pros
great gratis, good discounts to other stores as well.
Cons
short breaks, rude management
Great management and great flexibility! Respectful environment and there are numerous opportunities for advancement. There is a significant amount of job security as well!
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work, holiday season is the peak when you’ll receive plenty of hours but will decline drastically once the season is over. Management is great
Victoria secret on Upper East Side needs a better store manager. Managers & supervisors have poor communication. They want you doing everything at once & it’s impossible. Barely give out hours to anyone but shipping.
Pros
Pink girls get 60% any 10 items per quarter
Cons
Only get 15 mins, no hrs given
I worked at the VSL/Pink in Slidell and I loved it at first, but the politics and drama were more important than anything else. I was best qualified for a managerial position and was given a promotion during the holidays. However, as soon as the holiday rush was over, so was my promotion and pay raise. This place is full of "favorites" and everyone that I have spoken to from various locations, all say the same thing.
Pros
Atmosphere, really get to help ladies feel beautiful
Cons
Management, no room from advancement (even though they say you do).
I'm always pushed to do my best everyday and work toward goals. Management is very focused on sales/credit card applications. The coworkers are what makes my job enjoyable. Overall, I like working here and am fairly paid for what I do.
Pros
Breaks, pay, great coworkers
Cons
Pushed to sell/get credit card apps
Loved working here. management was tough as they really only ever cared about results and quotas but once that wasn't in their minds, they got to know everyone fairly well. you tend to work the same shifts every week and its easy to catch on despite the low level of training given
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
short breaks, long shifts
My supervisor let’s you work within your strengths so you feel competent to do your job. There’s plenty of managers to help you improve and support your work efforts.
It’s a decent job if you like the discount and merchandise but don’t expect the atmosphere they promise you. Like other retail jobs the boast about job advancement and inclusive culture but many of the managers are apathetic towards the Job. They only care about their favorites and could pay more considering it was in Manhattan. They also promised us our jobs then closed the store after months of silence. Beware there’s no loyalty, mediocre pay, and corporate/managerial mismanagement.
Pros
Okay pay, store discount
Cons
Low hours, bad managers, catty culture
I was really excited to work at Victoria’s Secret. The interview was really not an interview at all, as I was hired on solely to help the store move locations. I was just asked my availability, if I had experience, and I got the job. I was then hired on as a part-time, permanent employee after the move to the new location was finished. I worked there for about a year, but my last 5 months or so, I was working maybe 3 times a month. Then I was just taken off of the schedule. I reached out to management, and was told that I wasn’t getting sales, and therefore would not be getting hours. I wonder... how do you get sales if you’re never scheduled to come into work? If you’re BFF’s with the managers, you’ll get all the hours you need.
Pros
Discount, Gratis usually every month
Cons
Scheduling conflicts, very competitive environment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Victoria's Secret?
I loved working at Victorias Secret. They definitely paid better than any other retail store I have worked for. The discounts are great and I loved my store.
Pros
Discounts, free merchandise
Cons
Hard to move up, hours are not always reliable
It’s an okay retail job to work at with good pay but no hours what so ever unless you’re full time. There’s not a lot of opportunities for full time positions and the only time you get that chance is during holidays for a seasonal management position. You are expected to sell and sign up people for the credit card everyday which can be stressful sometimes. Other than that they offer good discounts on their gifts cards too.
I worked at two locations - one was high volume and we got a bones consistently. Work there was fun, engaging, and the girls were cool overall. The management was good (do your job though or they will come for you) but generally they were all awesome and really wanted us to succeed. I transferred to another location closer to my school which was smaller and low volume and it was a completely different experience. Overall, depends on the location and if the girls are willing to work to bonus.
Pros
Gratis, free stuff, flexible schedule, always hours available
Cons
overnights
Days at work are entirely dependent on who's working, how busy it is, and how much money is being made. You'll generally find a good mix of people working there, but the pressure to make money on any given day is enough to make work stressful for anybody.
This company offers a lot of perks and decent pay for being a retail job. I learned a lot about customer service and usually felt supported by management.
Management cares about its employees and there are opportunities to get into better positions. Some bonuses through sales are possible as well. I didn't have a bad experience there at all
Pros
discounts, breaks, bonuses
Cons
not flexible in scheduling
Victoria’s Secret was a great place to work.Some of the managers helped you to succeed in your goals and many Offered incentives. Great benefits and opportunities to grow with the company. There was sometimes a lot of pressure to sell and meet goals but most managers helped you to attain them. Great employees and team. By far my favorite place to work in all of my work history!
Pros
Good pay, great benefits and fun atmosphere to work in!
Cons
High pressure to sell
cool place low pay and very childish, because a lot of people there are caty females. the pay sucks but you get free items which is cool. Management is terriblle, its always changing
I worked in the stock room taking stock checks, replenishing merchandise on the sales floor, helped trained new employees on stockroom procedures, and occasional backup cashier work. I enjoyed working at VS, my coworkers were wonderful. Having to work holidays and weekends was rough, but all in all the job is not bad if you're wanting to gain retail experience and meet lots of great people.
Pros
Discounts, fun atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
The environment in this company is toxic, comparable to that of a high school in terms of drama. Management is not qualified to be in charge. The pay is trash. Benefits are trash. Overall horrible company!!
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Everything. Literally everything.
Victorias Secret (Tanger Sunbury Oh) is a very hostile And very toxic atmosphere. The store manager is combative and manipulative. There is no work/life balance and the girls there are very snitchy. I definitely would not recommend!
Pros
Decent pay after being there 7 years.
Cons
Short breaks, small break room and rude staff.
  1. Sales Support Representative