Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Sales Support Representative in Charlotte, NC

Has potential to be a great job but they over work their employees and they do not pay their employees enough. The hours are also very crazy.
The store itself was run by fantastic management who understood all of the awful customers and situations the employees were put through day after day. My particular store had a very large issue with theft, as thousands of retail dollars left the store doors each week. The regional management was not supportive of the employees and left us out to dry most of the time. Luckily, all of the sales girls were very close and were able to work together to get through most days. We were not given enough hours by upper management of the Charlotte area, and consequently there were normally only two sales girls and one manager on the floor at all times, which grew to be very stressful given the high volume of the store. VS Blakeney is between tier 3 and 4, which saw us getting the product count for a smaller store while experiencing the customer traffic of a much larger storefront.
Is a great place to work at. great benefits and awesome management staff. Work schedule depends pretty much on your availability if you have more than one job.
The sales support associates are expected to work quickly and efficiently, doing brand guides, pushing merchandise, and processing shipment in a timely manner. You clean up after the sales associates and merch everything to standard, and break a sweat doing it. Then you stop and think that the company makes more money off of one bra purchase then you do in a day and you get a little upset. Management made me many promises that they never fulfilled. I often found myself going above and beyond and then a manager taking credit for my work. Most of the management didn't have a clue as to how things were supposed to be ran. Everyone was scattered and I could only rely on one person to teach me new things. All of the girls in the store had perpetual catty drama. If you are in school and need to work 4-12 hours a week. Have at it. If you are a person in search of a career or just a job that will allow you to pay bills, then Victoria's Secret is NOT the best place to work.
Pros
gratis
Cons
low pay for hard work, drama, disrespect, managers are not on the same page