Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Every day is almost the same with rude customers and coworkers that do not have the patience for handling problems. Management is either allowing creativity for the day or very strict (depending on the Manager on Duty). Hardest part of the job is closing because everything in the store is thrown around. The most enjoyable part of working at Victoria's Secret is helping someone purchase merchandise that suits them and makes them feel confident.
Nice part time job. Discounts and free items like every month . I was seasonal but I would work there again. I liked the overnight hours which we fixed the party bar, cleaned up and put out inventory for the next day .
If you're hired for seasonal, proceed with caution. There's barely any training. Mostly, you just get told to clock in and then you're totally confused as to who you're reporting to, let alone what your placement is in the store for the day and your duties. There's hardly any communication from management, aside from being reprimanded about doing something wrong, which wouldn't be wrong if they had just properly trained you. Lack of direction from management definitely overshadowed any bad experiences with customers. Most of the time, the customers you helped were the best part of the day.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Lack of actual management and direction
I worked there as a seasonal employee and we did alot of early shifts. On a typical day I would start at 5am to restock and rearrange the room layout. It was alot of back and forth of reorganizing the merchandise before the store opened. Overall not bad.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
strict dress attire, had to always wear black
The job is what you typically would expect out of retail, and people have very mixed reviews based on managers, who can make or break your experience. Most of mine were great, and they were often very flexible about scheduling.
Working here taught me to become more patient with customers. The environment is fun to be around, the people are also very kind. Easy to trade shifts and take extra shifts.
I loved working here with my coworkers, and enjoyed my job. The employee discount was good and gave great holiday hours. Although, management is what made me quit ultimately because it became hostile. The management (especially higher up the scale) is extremely hostile and inappropriate with how they handle their anger and emotions. Also they tried to get me to work over 40 hours a week and tried to move around my hours (as a part time employee)... so not okay. Do not work at any of the locations around AZ because you will most likely face the same problem due to one of the district managers ability to frazzle store managers.
Does not work with hours you tell them you can and can’t work and some managers are better than others. It’s a great company if you don’t want a life outside of work.
Very unorganized management. Expect phone interviews around 9pm. No one is training you. You will learn as you go. There is no proper training to explain how to do your job effectively or what your job even is. You can expect to be there up to three (3) hours past your scheduled time which is “expected and normal” Overall a very poor working experience.
Pros
30% discount with Victoria Secret/ Pink/ Bath and Body Works
Cons
Short breaks, overextended shifts with short breaks, everything was horrible.
Okay place to work. If you love working retail, this job is for you. Requires great customer service. The training was okay. Easy job, goodluck.......
I worked at VS for a short amount of time as a seasonal associate. I really enjoyed the time that I was there, I felt that the management and all of the girls working there were always very helpful and supportive while I was learning the functions of the store. It was a good environment to be in with good people. The pay that I received was pretty good, more than what most other retail positions offer. Overall a very positive experience.I do have a few criticisms though. A lot of the work could be pretty monotonous (ie standing in one spot for four hours sorting panties). And there was also some inconsistencies in my schedule. At the beginning of the week I could be scheduled for four different shifts, and throughout the week they would get cancelled until I only ended up working one. Though, to be fair, they warned us in the beginning that schedules would change.
Pros
good management, nice people, good pay
Cons
tedious work, constant schedule changes
Good environmentNo dramaGreat discountSlow/fast pacedVery socialAwesome managementDefinitely recommend to 18+Great for College studentsHours are good Always updated on promos
Pros
30 minute lunch, discount, awesome workplace
Cons
As a seasonal, they can careless about you. You’re not as important as the permanent associates. They barely know your name. The managers will always call you to see if you can work, but they will never help you when you need a day off. They will give you about 15-20 hours a week. Some employees are really nice & helpful. Other employees think they are managers & try to walk all over the seasonals.
Pros
The discounts for sure.
Cons
Everything else.
I worked a Seasonal Position. I came in so excited and the workspace seemed to be very positive. When I first started, my schedule and communication was all over the place. It was pretty unprofessional and very disorganized. Seasonal employees seemed to be just thrown in without enough proper training and communication. You will be thrown in like you already know everything about how this store works after a few hours of training. And the employees seem to not care to be very kind at all to seasonal employees. So if you want a job where you just don't know what you're doing 24/7.. its for you!
Cons
negative employees bad communication disorganized
They need to not hire seasonal staff if you’re just gonna keep cutting shifts!!! It’s ridiculous I would only be working like one day a week for 4 hours. Don’t work here if you have family and kids to support. I really only recommend working here if you’re like a college kid or younger with no kids. I have to pump for my two month old and it always seems like it’s an issue.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Short hours
This was my first job out of high school. Since I was a temporary sales associate working over the summer, I was not allowed to do certain tasks (like use the cash register). I was not scheduled for many hours either. I think I worked about 5 days total over the 3 months I was technically employed by VS Pink. I did receive a call from one of the managers at the end of my commitment thanking me for working there, which was kind.
I was only there for a few months but I enjoyed the experience and the other seasonal associates hired with me. I learned to truly respect and appreciate the retail staff and associates
I worked at Victoria's Secret for a little under a year and during my time there, I found that the other employees are what made the job 'fun' and easy going. While the managers and higher ups often knew how to come on shift and just change the entire vibe on the sales floor. I also felt like they could be a little inconsiderate when it came to college or high school students, with schedules or working over breaks. That was my biggest issue and ultimately why I left the job, they were unable to accept that for me nursing school came first even though they knew what my end goal was from my very first interview.
Pros
friendly staff, customers, discounts
Cons
managers are rude, not likely to work well with school (college) schedules
I had a good experience working there, learning a lot, but the store is not the best place If you need a full time job position. The schedules are really unestable. About managers, some of them don't know how to managed people, they even yell at you in front of customers when you make a mistake. It should be better.
Victoria’s Secret was and is all about their gains and no support of their employees they just see you as a number and not an actual person it’s very unsettling
Pros
Easy system to learn
Cons
Being treated like a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe
I worked as a Christmas temp twice and I loved the company so much I went back for a second time. big mistake management had completely changed, were rude and obnoxious. no respect whatsoever given and were treated like slaves. the pay was decent for night shift but not worth the treatment. the regulars would slack and sit around while the seasonals done all the work and wouldn't even let you take a min to relax. no balance at all when on shift they would basically forget to give you a break and just come over to basically shout and be horrible even in front of customers. honestly never in my life did I feel like sht during a shift I just left and never came back to finish my contract.
Pros
1 hour break, okay pay
Cons
everything else