Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Specialist

At Victoria's Secret the staff were all extremely friendly and most days were fun. The customer's who came in either knew exactly what they wanted, or let you do the shopping for them. I learned a lot about women's lingerie and product. The hardest part of the job was how busy the store got. I personally enjoy a busy work environment, but there were days (during the holidays) that it was very close to overwhelming.
Pros
Friendly and laid back environment
Cons
Short breaks, very low pay, very few hours
There's nothing about this company that is any different than a normal, entry level retail job that will make you hate working with the public. They allow the customer to treat their employees like garbage.
Absolutely loved working for VS for many years. My team and management truly felt like family and were and are some of my favorite people. Amazing product and fun job.
Pros
Work team is very supportive, knowledgeable, family, fabulous product
Hours are all over the board. Some weeks I would work 60+ some weeks I would be there 10. Its hard for consistency but a great place when you are young and want fast paced retail.
Great summer job for young people fresh out of school or looking for a side hustle. You learn a lot about phrasing in your verbiage and costumer service. Great competitive place for some one interested in sales.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Tiring
Managers would get stressed out to make sales goals each segment, causing them to be in a bad mood on slow sale days and stress everyone else out about it. Overall, it’s a fun place to work depending on your team and manager.
l interesting store big lot's of shoppers during the holiday lust wanted the day to be over with would work here full time short lunch not enough time to even get lunch let alone to eat it
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Short breaks
ManagementIn general, managers at Victoria's Secret could have been better and handled situations on a business level and not personal and also be more realistic with the responsibilities for one employee to handle. That will make the experience better.
Pros-friendly work environment-good management-flexible hours-fun jobCons-I honestly have no cons about this job. I personally enjoyed it as a part time gig while in college.
This is a great place to work. I feel like there are always extra hours available for the taking. I have a decent work schedule and I enjoy talking to customers.
Pros
work weeks can be long
Cons
offers great benefits and extra money on weekends
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Victoria's Secret?
OverallIt’s a very fast paced, supportive, and competitive environment to work in. You learn a lot and they really help with organization. I would work for another retail store.
the job was fun, i worked there for about 2 years and moved up to a bra specialist. I just outgrew the company and started to bartend on the weekends which interfered with being a sales specialist. I quit due to bartending and starting college. it was a motivating environment
I loved it working here, I learned a lot about retail environment and, I love working with people. I also was able to use payroll and give some hours extra to my team
The company has its fair share of flaws but I love it! They are always there in your time of need but sometimes the can be alittle overwhelmingly when it comes to making decisions.
Pros
Your team, great incentives.
Cons
Early mornings, late nights.
My managers, yes plural, made me cry multiple times. They hounded me for sales, and I was the lowest paid Bra Specialist probably across all of Canada.
Many times I asked for less hours due to my grandmother being sick and I had to travel to another town and they, instead, gave me more hours. They did not care about the requested time off and would not pay attention to the days I had requested for a planned vacation prior to working there.
Management and higher up need a lot of work, they don’t really take care of their employees, they are great to customers but they also make us say yes to everything the customer wants even if we shouldn’t
My experience was not the greatest. Yet this was years ago. I know now they have changed managers and the stores have been separated. Walking in though makes one feel like a valued customer.
Pros
Room to move up
Cons
Hours
There is always something to do here, this place is constantly busy so you'll always be put to work. This place has you learning a lot of different categories because it has various sections.
When I started working at Victoria’s Secret, it was fun but their work culture has changed so much within the years. This company doesn’t live by their values anymore. Management expects so much from you, work/life balance is draining and sometimes they don’t let you leave until you finish your tasks (like folding panty drawers). Minimal training, they expect you to learn everything on your own. Working here feels like high school, all the girls are super catty to each other. You get monthly “reviews” that talk about how you’re doing and how you can do better. They never acknowledge the good work that you do, always just the negative about how you can do better. Basically, this company and the management is not supportive and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. Yes the discounts are good and you get some free things every month (gratis), but all the negativity at work is not worth it.
Pros
Discount and free items every now and then, bonuses if you make your monthly goal
Cons
Work/life balance, management, minimal/to no training
Offers entry level customer service experience. Able to work around school schedule so great for students. Not much room for growth and very busy holidays and weekends.