Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Supervisor

They used you and when they like someone else they try to replace you even if your doing the right thing they will pick on you until you leave. Also is not what you know but who you know.
You definitely will stay busy with this company. There is always something to do. It really did feel great helping customers although a lot of them are rude. While I was there a great perk was that everybody bonuses when we made numbers for the month. Your experience truly comes from management.
Pros
Pay, discounts
Cons
No work life balance
Since the pandemic, the company has a huge focus on their customer and little to none on their employees. They seem to create new and stricter policies for associates but will not provide great customer service for their own employees. They are highly driven by numbers and put a lot of pressure to make them. Therefore sometimes CDC guidelines of 6 feet distance are ignored and when customers come in without a mask or choose to remove them, they still need to be serviced "at a distance". The job itself is not difficult but degrading yourself to make a rude customer happy is not part of the job description and takes a toll on you mentally.
VS is a good place to work, for short term. The associates are great and are the reason to why I have stayed for this long. Promises of job growth are given often, but rarely any follow through. There is minimal to no training given, even when given a "promotion", and you are expected to know the process' or figure it out on your own. The turnover rate is far to high for the positions that are being abandoned. The variation on policies throughout management is horrifying. They run the show how they please and you never get the same answer when asking a member of management. Without any checks or balances each manager has dug themselves into a reputation of stubborness and trouble controlling their anger. They have been in their positions for too long, with no checks to their management style, and when remarked about it, the response is "that's just how she is". I have on numerous occasions had voices raised at me in front of customers, for conflicts that were not handled appropriately. I have witnessed numerous employees get yelled at, only for the manager to realize it was their own mistake. I have learned that management is only open to "coaching" when it is from someone higher up the ladder, and will discredit your opinions if they do not align with their own. The lack of professionalism is astounding, and I could not be more displeased with some of the experiences I have been through. Overall it was not a terrific experience. Definitely a place of work where I, and many other have been overlooked for the work and effort we put forth. In short, you are usually overworked, - more...
I found myself working closer to 50+ hours a week because of the lack of staff, so my work life balance was a mess. You would think that because I’m putting in the time and having the skills, that I would be compensated fairly, but I was not. I was a member of leadership but was only making $12 an hour. The entire workplace felt like high school. There were different groups of cliques and management would pick their favorite clique members for advancement. Toxic environment.
Pros
Gratis, discount, and tuition assistance
Cons
Management, advancement in company and pay
I love the company and what it stands for. My co-workers are amazing!! But... they don’t treat you fairly, if you call out they make you feel bad for it. The managers talk behind everyone’s back. They pick favorites. More than 1/2 the staff has quit. Just not a good work environment overall.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
I had worked for this company for 5 years and climbed my way up. There was NO work life balance. That is why I left. I wasn't paid properly, and hadn't noticed until after I left.
Pros
free product, fun co workers, lots of learning
Cons
No work life balance, pay isn't what it seems, no insurance until you're management
The goals that were given were sometimes unarchivable and almost set us up for failure. There was little to no work life balance. A pro was the flexibility with the schedule.
It’s not a terrible job but they do expect a lot out of you for the pay they start at. You have to be outgoing and willing to sell to customers, as well as multi task projects.
Loved my job at Victoria Secrets.Started off seasonal & was hired on . Management was wonderful to work with & also Coworkers. Only thing that was difficult was inventory took place overnight & I have a Son,but managed. Also took me a while to be promoted because I wasn't available on Sundays,but I finally received my promotion. I was very heartbroken when Victoria Secrets closed .
I started as a Sales & Support Generalist in 2015. You have really great opportunities to grow in the company if you try. It is not an easy job like most think. Pretty high turnover of seasonal associates because everyone thinks it will be easy. You have high expectations and goals to meet. Good managers will make it a great place to work. Selling style is very aggressive, and they will not let you stand by. Upper management can be difficult with extreme expectations, and corporate can be irritating. They will tell you at like 2pm that you need to switch all of the fixtures around by tomorrow morning and give you 12 payroll hours to do it, but you don't have time or people to do it. However, if you have a good manager, they will do whatever they can to support you and your growth if you show initiative. After 6 months of generalist, I moved to Sales Specialist, after about a year, I was promoted to Operations & Staffing Supervisor, and after another year, the company restructured and got rid of Ops & Staff, but I was moved to Beauty Supervisor.
Pros
Growth opportunities, 30-40% discount at all L Brands (and Uggs online)
Cons
Aggressive selling styles, high theft, corporate changes things on the fly
They do they’re best to help take care of they’re employees. They want to create a fun but functioning work environment. They want to help make you better there’s always new things to learn to make you the best associate you can be.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Victoria's Secret is simple due to the fact they had call-in shifts.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Victoria's Secret were fair for a part time employeeJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Victoria's Secret, I think it was really wellManagementIn general, managers at Victoria's Secret will teach and support you in anything you need.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Victoria's Secret is incredible and friendlyOverallMy experience working at Victoria's Secret has taught me the importance of giving exceptional guest service.
I really loved working for the company. I enjoyed the relationships I was able to develop with customers and other employees. The dynamic of the store changed when new management would join the team. Sometimes the changes were good and sometimes they were negative. My favorite part of working at Victoria’s Secret was the customer service aspect.
This was a great job for college! This company completely works around exam schedules and last minute studying you need! The only negative thing is that most managers are also college students, that offers great outcomes and some bad! The great is the managers can completely relate to you and your issues! The negative is that since they are close in age to you some of the managers are immature! But overall would definitely recommend to a college student!
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Lots of people your age
Cons
Management can be spotty
a lot of changes within the store itself. management never stays the same for long. great energy at times, not always. sort of chaotic and busy at times.
Love working for a company that empowers and prioritizes all women. It definitely can be stressful, especially during the holiday season, but for the most part the challenges often yield to a great sense of achievement.
Pros
Bonus pay for reaching sales goals, empowering environment, great discounts on products
Cons
Occasional bad customers, challenging standards
If you have good management and peers then it can be a really fun place to work. So many different things to do so you really never get bored. Many chances to advance in the company if that's what you're interested in. The hardest part of the job were the bad customers - nasty and condescending. A lot of shoplifting went on at my particular location.
It is a good job if you want to gain some experience with retail. Management and supervisors train and help all new hires and are lenient when it comes to meeting quotas in the first few weeks. This is a motivational environment and even if you don’t stay for a long time, you walk away with more knowledge than you started.
Pros
Experience and motivation
Cons
Long hours with uncomfortable dress code
Victoria's Secret doesn't seem well managed higher up as staff who worked for them for many years received very short notice of stores closing without other options offered
I’ve started as a seasonal worker and work my way up from, Beauty and now Pink Supervisor! I know the company is not doing well but how they let their workers go is embarrassing! They closed my store and expect me to clean up give me 2 weeks pay then fire me the week after! When the store needed help nobody showed up and those who did lasts for 2 months!*manger wise*
Pros
Discount
Cons
Under Paychecks