Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews for Visual Manager

Under new leadership the brand is trying to evolve culture. To be more diverse and inclusive, they are making improvements in this area. Those who join the brad in the last few years note the company doesn't have heart, I would agree with this. Over the years of success they have they have created a disposable culture; in associate, product and financial measures. They have quite a bit of rebuilding to do before they are stable.Direction is always pivoting. If you thrive in an ever changing direction including results desired you would enjoy working here.
Pros
Field upper leadership gets the benefit of a car.
Cons
little appreciation for work life balance
passionate team who is in it to win it. lots of knowledge to gain for an associate to a manager. the company provides many tools to give you answers. con about this job is work life balance. company has not figured out how to support this.
Fast paced company, you learn a lot of skills that take you far in the retail world. Work life balance can become an issue as you grow within the company.
face paced environment, always something to do, must have a high product knowledge. high theft problem. been with company 7 years, typical mall environment and hours.
Pros
great discount and promos
Cons
hours
VS does a good job at advancing and promoting within the company or said store. If one is eager to learn and grow, VS does offer training and mentors (managers). Work/life balance is okay, being a visual person it's hard because things are constantly changing. Very fast paced. Need to be able to multitask.
Pros
Fast pace, great benefits, Pto, advancement, traveling opportunities
Cons
Work/life balance
My job here was fun and energetic and exciting! I got to work with motivated team members on a daily basis to ensure a beautiful and fun shopping environment made customer friendly.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
low pay for hard work
If you are in management here, kiss your personal life goodbye. They pitch work-life balance as a perk of working for this company but it absolutely does not exist- inconsistent scheduling and heavy workloads make it impossible to have any kind of family life. Holidays no longer exist in your world
Being one of the leading person in the company, Floorwalk is the most important daily task of my job. Here, you will know the prioritize to be done before end of the the day. For me, deligating the best people on the assigned task will help to overcome it in an easy and better result.
Pros
Not applicable
Cons
8 hrs working
I enjoy the people that I work with. We are all open with one another so if there is ever any issue we all communicate with each other. Hold each other accountable
Assuring everyone is well knowledgable of the product, company, policy, etc. very hands-on and very focused on increasing company likes and reputation.
This is by far my least favorite job of my adult career. the rules changed constantly, the management was in and out, and the district as a whole was typically working against each other instead of together. by the end of my time there I had a workers comp issue that required surgery and I was let go 4 days before I was scheduled to be out for surgery.
working at Victoria secret was fun. learned a lot, experience a lot. working at Victoria secret you will meet maxing co-worker, the employee are like family.
Victoria Secret at Lincoln Rd is a fast pace multi task environment. You will be required to preform many task and some times at once. Great benefits and many learning tools to set you up for success.
Fun job, but job security is nonexistent. Great for those needing experience in the work world and good pay for those who need a job but haven't finished their degree.
Pros
Discounts on product, flexible hours
Cons
Miscommunication with management, disorganization
I love my job - the majority of my time spent on the sales floor engaging customers. A typical day is spent on either on the sales floor or the stock room, dependent on your position within the company.
Work-life balance sucks. They will work you to death and dare you to ask for over time pay. The managment is closed to feed back and not open minded to the needs of their employees.
Pros
The ability to meet a lot of people
Cons
Horrible work life balance
I worked with a great and dynamic team, I learned from them as much as they learned from me. learned about lingerie and fits most challenging part of the job for me personally was working close to 60 hours every week, but besides that it was a very helpful experience.
Pros
great bonus package and benefits
Cons
work life balance
I loved my direct manager, Wendy. Victoria's Secret, as a company, prides themselves on details and standards so it really made me more attentive to details. I learned a lot of the organizational skills that I carry with me today from this job.
Pros
Great job perks, ongoing learning about products, advancement possible
Cons
despite being hired for only shipment/replenishment/merchandising, you sometimes get stuck fitting and assisting customers on the salesfloor.
Great management Fantastic advancement opportunities Great company morals
Amazing Company Treat you well Good morals and values Respectful Appreciative
As a Visual Supervisor for Victoria's Secret in a high volume store there is a lot on your plate. You must be able to multi-task, plan, map and implement floor moves, schedule for your floor sets or special projects, prioritize business needs, communicate effectively with team members and develop a strong, fast and efficient visual and stock team. The best part about working here as a member of management is that you develop skills in many different areas. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the creative freedom, traveling to new store openings and being able to impact the business through visual presentation.
Pros
Develop operational skills and BOH management, company is passionate about their customer's experience, consistantly finding ways to make customers happy, you get your employee discount on gift cards.
Cons
Managers have too much on their plates and have no time to develop top talent.