Weatherford

Weatherford Employee Reviews

Kuwait12 reviews
Like working for any multinational service company. Although they are not very sensitive to employees, and there is discrimination and preferential treatment.
Best company. Lost job because of the contract finished. So looking for new job in the same field. I am very happy with the companies fecities and I am interested in the same company if they have any other jobs.
Good
Cons
Things have gradually turned for the worst for this company, as they have been struggling with internal issues well before the oil price crash in 2014, which further exasperated their problems. This led to massive cost cutting, headcount reduction, and extreme stress for those of us left.
Pros
More flexible work schedules than competitors
Cons
24 hour on-call and minimum work/life balance
Every day is different. Start with safety meeting it could be drilling , tripping, running casing, logging.
I learned to drill a new formation, and keep drilling progress at high standard. i all so learned how to safely manage the crew and other ongoing operations

I reported to management on the day progress and suggest any changed to be made.

I worked with multi national crews it is important to explain every operation and build a safe workplace culture.

It is hard to communicate with multi national crews.

The end of every shift, i review the days progress that is a best part of my day.
Team work was what we needed to get the job done and that is what we had. Everyone looked out for everyone and that includes management and onfield workers. The hardest part of the job was the tremendous heat during summer and extreme cold during winter.
Very good company to work for great culture. Decent management the travel to all over the world was great .Meeting different cultures working with different people all over the world was very nice.
Pros
travel
Cons
not real stabile at the moment
Professionally experienced and trained Senior Pore Pressure Engineer working for International Logging, based in Kuwait from 2007 to present, worked also in Saudi Arabia and Mozambique, During this period worked in onshore/land fields, deep and high pressure wells, the main job is marking formation pressure, tops, structure, monitoring all drilling operations, maintaining logs and reports, providing real time support and advise, plus managing a fully networked mudlogging unit and a team of geologists.
Rotational job with 50 days on and 28 days off. I used to have 12 hrs shift where I learned to handle many difficult situations in a a very safe and productive way.The hardest part of the job was the Rig Up and Rig down of the complete unit .I enjoyed my working on an Oil Rig.
The STC position is a supporting role for the Senior Toolpusher to utilize with regards to training, safe systems of work and auditing. In this role the STC will plan his activities in conjunction with ongoing and planned operations. The position requires that he shall ensure that ALL persons visiting the site are fully aware of Weatherford Drilling International (WDI) policy and procedure prior to being exposed to the worksite. Within this responsibility the STC shall liaise with the Senior Toolpusher on a regular basis and discuss potential problems and assist in resolving such. Auditing of WDI policy and procedures is part of their duties. This includes the auditing of departmental administration as well as conducting administration for items which fall within this job description such as training.
Good Company, Good Work Environment, Have some great Co-Workers, but Training and Advancement in Job role (Promotions) are based on the area politics based on seperate mangament, otherwise country management is very good. Nice Salary and Perks with good Accomodation.
Pros
Nice Slary and Work Environment
Cons
Work Politics of Departmental Management for Training and Promotions
Professional Work Place environment, Good people with good experience, large foot print, good products, good services, healthy environment
very hard to work wen rig moving tym also have a hevy tension about our crew members
Pros
nthing
Cons
nthing