Here to help
Coronavirus update

Wood Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,660 reviews
Good organisation to work Open for ideas Friendly and professional work environment Looking forward to work in Wood for next assignment Thank you...
The level of backstabbing by so called colleagues is unbeleivable, once the colleagues know you are a threat to their jobs they commence to lie about you to their superiors who soak it all in and keep the personel who stitch their colleagues.
Cons
Cons
Backstabbing and lies being told about superior colleagues
Regretfully no matter how hard one works, the ability to keep ones; job is determined by managers who need to cut people out of project to save costs. This always hangs over ones head as one works. In most meetings, it is negative thoughts laid out about economy and company trying to make a profit. To be involved in career long term means being at top and letting others go. Sorry to say, its an engineering company dependant on projects bid on and successful.
Pros
There were never any free lunches, Pros are working with other professional people trying to get the project done.
Cons
Negative meetings.
Very big on productivity enjoyed working with them good pay and good benefits the people was nice everybody got along well very clean environment to work in
Pros
Man hours
Cons
No days off
Worked internationally for Wood. Management openly accepts bullying within team, to the point where members of team are forced out of the project as they weren't part of their "group". Company operate a philosophy of "jobs for the boys" and if you're outside of that they'll do everything they can to make your life very difficult.Client was openly racist towards westerners and was allowed to degrade Wood employees in-front of entire team. HR are non existent and after leaving project recruitment team are a joke.All in all very poor company to work with zero support
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
to many to lost
Pay & benefitsTheir benefits are comparable with every other company.Job security and advancementIt’s the oil pills who knows.OverallGood company to work for never had a problem there. Would recommend them to anyone in the oil business. Good pay and benefits and the coworkers were fabulous.
Working at Wood was a complete waste of my time, management create a toxic workplace with their undermining and backstabbing, I wouldn't recommend anyone working with this company
Pros
Desk, Chair, Laptop
Cons
Toxic, Undermining, Backstabbing
Overall it has been a great place to work over the years. The last few down turns have been really hard on the local industry. Coworkers have blamed our lead, but he cannot make the work! I think management has done well to keep the place going, and updates have been supportive. I heard that other companies seemed to be doing better that us, but then they laid everyone off at once. We seemed to come down as the work disappeared. Industry morale is low all over.
Pros
People, leads and coworkers
Cons
O&G Industry boom and bust
If it wasn't for the strange world we live in now with COVID the company wouldn't be restructuring and my job would not be disappearing . I have worked there for 26 years and enjoy my job I am sad to be going. Its a good company to work for who looks after you.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wood?
The management leading the job had no clue or willingness to actually find solutions to the problems occurring on this project. Client engineering was awful, 6 weeks to answer basic field RFIs, it's a wonder this job didn't come close to finishing on time and with in budget, NOT EVEN CLOSE ! Not much leadership on site, could've made a huge impact if it had changed even as late as a year ago. Hate to say this, but the truth always hurts. The hands in the field did the best they could with what was given to work with.
La empresa como tal bn, no duramos lo que prometieron,pero eso es normal en todas las compañías. Del resto muy contento
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Wood is badForced to work overtimePay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Wood are badLowest payJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Wood, I think badI was laid offManagementIn general, managers at Wood racistCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Wood is noneOverallMy experience working at Wood bad
Management will support each and every employee to feel working with confidence. I've learned a lot of things in addition to my experience in consulting team.
Great job, freedom to manage jobs, great place to advance career. Need to have a set mechanical group, to compliment the fan shop. Need better mechanical marketing
For the most part there is a team effort but there is also the undertone of job insecurity you may find yourself paid off after every trip or contract, almost impossible to build up service with this company.
Pros
Time at home
Cons
The threat of unemployment
Overall its a good company to work for.Great people to work with.Everyone is super motivated Everyone pushs for success.Bunch of self motivated people.
HR department and manager in particular are used as a buffer between management and employees, you're often told to find something to do, students found crying in bathroom, toxic atmosphere.
Been working for 20years and this is definitely the worst office I've worked in. Engineering is managed very badly. Leads and managers have been there a long time and have created a workplace unlike any other I've worked in. Hardly any of them focus on work and when things go badly, they sell out their employees. The piping lead is good, but other leads and the engineering manager spend their time doing fear management. Most employees are great and put in a good face, but hate it there. Lack of employee incentives. Salary is poor.
Pros
I don't know
Cons
Engineering manager and leadership
Wood is like a trade union organization. You do the work for the clients and Wood does the paperwork ie benefits and training. There is a lot of nepotism in this industry.
After 18 months of working there and no formal training I was made redundant over the phone the day after my final shift of the week. Absolutely clueless on how to run a company, zero management skill throughout the company. No uniform provided either, getting ppe was a nightmare only 1 pair of boots in 18 months!
Pros
Salary was mid range for role
Cons
Culture built on lies and deceit
the best place to work. Highly professional and job progression is available with opportunities to work on different clients projects. Fantastic work
Pros
Career progression
Cons
stability highly depends in oil price